Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 11:18 

Great tool, but do you know what is causing the stuttering when using iron sights? It must be frustrating working with this engine :p but is there a possible solution in the works?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 20:17 

I've played BF2 on my 226BW today and was a little annoyed by the FOV. Your tool worked perfectly, however it wasn't much playable cause i'm a sniper and zooming feels jerky and difficult so i found myself toggling the hack on and off everytime i want to zoom..
Keep the great job and i'm really looking forward for the fixed version!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2007, 14:50 

Great job dopefish! I'd be happy to pay for this, assuming it's got the last few bugs mostly worked out. As has been stated already by others, I'd want an option to auto-load, and no adverse impact to the zoom feature.

After it's tweaked, post it for download - at say - 10$ a copy, and I bet you can sell quite a few. There's hundreds of thousands of BF players and I bet half of them use widescreen monitors.

For BF2, I'm using a beautiful Dell 30" LCD at 2560x1600, and it really stinks that I substantially lose FOV as compared to a crappy 4:3 old-school monitor.

Heck man, I'm happy to PayPal you the 10$ right now, even if it never gets to finished stage. But I think you have the potential to maybe make a few bucks here, plus, there's nothing like some real financial compensation to motivate someone, lol..................... If you had finished product and "official" sign-off from PB, then I'd say it's time to go shopping for that new Z06 Corvette (or whatever).

8)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 21:31 

[quote]Great tool, but do you know what is causing the stuttering when using iron sights? It must be frustrating working with this engine :p but is there a possible solution in the works?

Nothing I can do. That's part of the engine. It will even do that if you don't use this fix or not. A simple test is to not load my fix at all and get out your assault rifle. Turn sideways pretty quick and use your iron sights while you're turning. You'll notice the skip or stutter. There really is nothing I can do about this. This is just the way the engine is.

As for the change when the FOV gets applied when you zoom in/out, I'm working on a solution for that that eliminates that altogether. It still won't fix the stuttering when you are moving and zoom in, though.

I think what he meant the zoom update. That when you use iron sights the game is about to use the VERT- screen mode for the iron sight view but immediatly the program corrects that view to HOR+. At least I think so since I don't notice any stutter when looking around zoomed.

You can notice this happening each time you go into iron sights view and that's what bothers a bit. Isn't there a way for the program to actually update everything at once instead of having to update each time you go into iron sights? Or is there a way I can set a lower value than 10?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 22:13 

Awesome hack, but I've begun to experience a problem with it. At first it worked fine, but recently it has begun to constantly turn itself on and off while ingame making it impossible to use.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007, 05:14 

Hi, first I'd like to thank you for your great work in getting the FOV corrected.

However, I'm having a problem. When I first downloaded your progam (1.05) and set it up, it worked perfectly. Ingame, I could adjust the FOV by pressing the * button.

However, the next I tried to play the game (about ten minutes later, relaunching the game after I had exited it before), I found that I could not turn the program on/off ingame with the * button. When I minimised the game and went to desktop, I was able to turn it on/off with *. However, upon returning to the game, the FOV had no effect - when I minimised the game to turn the widescreen program on and off, the game FOV did not change at all.

What happened?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 03:30 

I just released v1.06 of this program. It adjusts the FOV only when you're zoomed out. This gets rid of the panning problem when you zoom in. The only drawback is that when you zoom in, you are getting the horizontally and vertically cropped view. When you're zoomed out, you'll gain the extra horizontal viewing area, though. This should clear up a lot of problems for people and provide a more usable daily solution.

Widescreen Fixer v1.06

With this release dopefish -- brilliant! When enabled in-game it's nearly impossible to notice any change when zooming in, despite the horizontally and vertically cropped view. Hell, without specifically trying to note the zoomed crop i don't notice any difference (prolly cuz i'm used to the default cropping) which makes this app nearly flawless.

The "nearly" issue once again is only due to the fact that i need to use my default keyboard to hit the Keypad Asterisk button since the ZBoard doesn't have this button. Almost a non-issue but it would be nice to be able to choose the button... but if it's as a pain-in-the-ass to code as i imagine, no worries =P

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 04:50 

I like it with the FOV cropped when zoomed. It makes it zoom farther! 8)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 03:14 

Hey... 1st i would like to say that i luv ur program and it is really the best !

2nd i have the follwing question :
Are you aware of any Punkbuster Problems recently ?
e.g. since 4 or 5 days ? I keep on getting kicked from servers with an aimbot violation msg. But i (really and honestly) dont have 1 installed.
so my thought was, it may be the widerscreenfixer which i keep running ...

Any thoughts on that ?!

Don't get me wrong... i am not complaining at all... just trying to limit down my possible problem.

cheers

Tom

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 06:17 

Nope. No kicks here. If you're getting kicked for that, then I recommend checking your system for stuff.

If you get caught with an aimbot once, chances are you are always going to get kicked/banned for it.

Same here. Have yet to get kicked for anything "aimbot" related via PB, but i have been plagued at time by PB for.... well i dunno, it's just random with no message besides PUNKBUSTER and the 'losing key packets' in game. I've yet to narrow it down as nothing is consistent in the fix. You should try all the fixes in the forums and hope to have good like. PB is a bitch, even for non cheaters.

dopefish, as it is now the app is @ the 97% perfect level and if you were able to add both those updates into the app it would be flawless. Of course reaching 100% would be that WS was enabled native in game... so 99% is flawless. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 148  Next