Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 15:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 23:46 

HaYDeN wrote:
Flawless Widescreen has been updated to support the latest version of Black Ops II.

The latest fix also corrects the HUD in Zombie / Single Player / MP. [milage may vary, do report your findings]

:triplewide:
:rockout: :twothumb:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 03:38 

Thanks Haden for the latest fix to BO2. MUCH appreciated!

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 14:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Latest fix for BO2 works great :twothumb: Donation incoming. Anyone that is using this fix should donate as well.

The only thing I noticed is that in the campaign the cinematics are vert+.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 19:38 

hey there, having an update problem today with FWS itself. Anyone else?

hanging on the Repo update....only saw one other post having the same problem a few pages back.

still happens with fresh re-install. Halp!

EDIT: those who help themselves.....

right clicked and ran "Troubleshoot Compatibility" windows did its thing and we seem to be operational now.

EDIT 2: whoa, spoke too soon. Repo update completes, messages indicate everything is updated/loaded, then crash as soon as I try to click on any of the game tabs. Clicked update and reload, messages indicate everything is ok, then crash as soon as I click on any other button/tab. I'll keep messing around with it here and report back.

EDIT 3: Seems to be running ok in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Weird. This issue just popped in out of nowhere. Hope this post is helpful to anyone else having the same problem.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 23:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Sabat9.0 wrote:

hanging on the Repo update....only saw one other post having the same problem a few pages back.

right clicked and ran "Troubleshoot Compatibility" windows did its thing and we seem to be operational now.

EDIT 2: whoa, spoke too soon. Repo update completes, messages indicate everything is updated/loaded, then crash as soon as I try to click on any of the game tabs. Clicked update and reload, messages indicate everything is ok, then crash as soon as I click on any other button/tab. I'll keep messing around with it here and report back.

EDIT 3: Seems to be running ok in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Weird. This issue just popped in out of nowhere. Hope this post is helpful to anyone else having the same problem.

The Flawless Widescreen application/exe itself has not changed for quite some time now (~ 3 months)... only plugin updates have been pushed, I can't think of a situation where that would cause it to crash.

I'd suggesting uninstalling it, then deleting the remnant folder in the install location (uninstalling does not remove installed modules or the configuration file), then re-installing it, you should not need to run it in any sort of compatibility mode.

The public repository link is http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/fws/p ... s_repo.xml - ensure that you can access it otherwise you will get errors.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 12:09 

Nothing to do for the black bars in AC3? (5:4)

Thanks!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 20:53 

twitchyzeroo wrote:
HUDs now are back to their fully extended positions in CS:GO...making it impossible to play competitively when compared to its 2/3rd position in the last few updates

CS:GO 1.21.5.1 just pushed out...fairly significant changes. I see a few people under Multi-monitor Gaming/Detailed Repot subsection also asking for the HUDs to be fixed.

Please and thank you. :cheers:

Hayden, any chance you could look into this?

The scaling is fine...just that it's still spanned. Any way to get around adjusting the safezone X values?

minibrute, Stilton, emperor0013 and a few others are patiently waiting for a fix on this fan-favourite pc shooter :wave:

I've submitted a formal ticket as a bug towards valve...but I dont know if they'll ever get to it (right now theres only 8 votes for it...and it's difficult to know if they even have multi-monitors in their labs to test their fixes hence I think there's a slim chance they'll ever get on a fix.)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 04:43 

I know you've looked at this because I keep seeing the plugin version increasing. It is up to ver 1.0.130 rev f now, however every time I try to play Tribes Ascend it still gives me a unsupported. Is it a work in progress or am I doing something wrong?

MBK

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 03:46 

HaYDeN wrote:
Sabat9.0 wrote:

The Flawless Widescreen application/exe itself has not changed for quite some time now (~ 3 months)... only plugin updates have been pushed, I can't think of a situation where that would cause it to crash.

I'd suggesting uninstalling it, then deleting the remnant folder in the install location (uninstalling does not remove installed modules or the configuration file), then re-installing it, you should not need to run it in any sort of compatibility mode.

The public repository link is http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/fws/p ... s_repo.xml - ensure that you can access it otherwise you will get errors.

I have had the same problem where the FWS hangs at updating for the past week. I tried reloading plug-ins and re-updating the plug-ins but i could get to select a game. When I tried to exit out then the error would occur. I uninstalled the app and the remnent folder along with running ccleaner after words and rebooted my machine. After a clean install of FWS I had the same results...until I started clicking on each of the plug-ins individually almost like I had to kick start it. Ever since then its been working fine.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 15:39 
Insiders
Insiders

twitchyzeroo wrote:
twitchyzeroo wrote:
HUDs now are back to their fully extended positions in CS:GO...making it impossible to play competitively when compared to its 2/3rd position in the last few updates

CS:GO 1.21.5.1 just pushed out...fairly significant changes. I see a few people under Multi-monitor Gaming/Detailed Repot subsection also asking for the HUDs to be fixed.

Please and thank you. :cheers:

Hayden, any chance you could look into this?

The scaling is fine...just that it's still spanned. Any way to get around adjusting the safezone X values?

minibrute, Stilton, emperor0013 and a few others are patiently waiting for a fix on this fan-favourite pc shooter :wave:

I've submitted a formal ticket as a bug towards valve...but I dont know if they'll ever get to it (right now theres only 8 votes for it...and it's difficult to know if they even have multi-monitors in their labs to test their fixes hence I think there's a slim chance they'll ever get on a fix.)

I've covered multiple times, pages back - ever since Valve changed the way the value is used the fix can no longer be applied without intrusive code injection, which is not something one does lightly on a Valve VAC protected game.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 126  Next