Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 20:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 06:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Shockwave_S08 wrote:
I am reporting back on the GRAW2 issue, and it turns out I forgot to manually set the FOV Fine Adjustment. A value of +0.36 appears to work perfectly for 21:9 resolutions.

So we're good right?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 06:39 
Insiders
Insiders

jovechiere wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:
DigitalMind wrote:
guys, lord of the rings war in the north doesn't work....any fix ?

Be more specific.... Flawless Widescreen supports LOTR WITN - what exactly doesn't work?

Hi HaYDeN

I bought the LOTR WITN in Humble Bundle and first did not work. but looking at the script, I could see that could be the name of the window as I play in the Spanish version. So change the value to:
Code:
Process_WindowName = "*"

But the only thing I managed to use ALT + TAB, is to look to the left. Sometimes with Fov, and others without Fov.

LOTR is a funnky fix, you have to alt tab in and out 1 or 2 times then it should work, but considering you had to change stuff means it's not the same EXE i worked on.

If the issue persists, pm me a link to the EXE and I will add it to my list of things to do.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 20:31 

Could you take a look to the new Assassin's Creed? It has black bars when different then 16:9 resolution is selected and that counts even ultra widescreen resolutions: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26834

On top of that it has very narrow field of view in first person sections.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 21:24 
I Donated
I Donated

eldeka wrote:
Could you take a look to the new Assassin's Creed? It has black bars when different then 16:9 resolution is selected and that counts even ultra widescreen resolutions: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26834

On top of that it has very narrow field of view in first person sections.

+1 for removal of black bars.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2013, 00:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Someone will need to be prepared to donate Assassin's Creed if they wish for it to be fixed - it's not a series I ever got into - and I don't own any of the games, I can understand it's pretty hard to justify paying for something twice when it's the studio's fault, not very fair really, but by the same token some of these fixes take upward of 4,5,6 hours of my time to complete, sometimes they can be fixed, sometimes they can't [there is no guarantee, we don't have the source code, we have to reverse engineer]... sometimes people contribute, sometimes people don't [and that is fine, your not obligated to do so]

Currently working on Need For Speed Rivals (donated by Valcan_s) - infact we should really take the time to thank Valcan_s as ever since the inception of Flawless Widescreen he has been one of the biggest contributors of games when the community has wanted a fix! - I will come up with a way to acknowledge those on the website somehow, atleast a list of game donors.

I do try to operate as legit as possible when making these fixes, if you've made a donation or something (past or present) and want that air marked specifically toward the purchase of a specific game to fix, you can advise here or via paypal comment.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2013, 01:47 

Any chance of a fix for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? You don't need to worry about Eyefinity/Surround, as this game already has both covered. My main gripe with this game is its lack of 21:9 support. It suffers from a horizontally-stretched perspective on any single-monitor resolution that's wider than 16:9, and it exhibits letterboxed behavior on 4:3 and 16:10.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 12:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Shockwave_S08 wrote:
Any chance of a fix for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? You don't need to worry about Eyefinity/Surround, as this game already has both covered. My main gripe with this game is its lack of 21:9 support. It suffers from a horizontally-stretched perspective on any single-monitor resolution that's wider than 16:9, and it exhibits letterboxed behavior on 4:3 and 16:10.

Don't have it and last time I looked (when it originally came out) it was a difficult one.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 12:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Released FOV fix for Need for Speed: Rivals, Released new build of Flawless Widescreen (addresses yet more 64bit bugs, hopefully without introducing any new ones)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 18:19 
Administrators
Administrators

HaYDeN wrote:
Released FOV fix for Need for Speed: Rivals, Released new build of Flawless Widescreen (addresses yet more 64bit bugs, hopefully without introducing any new ones)

HaYDeN, is it possible to get the FoV Fine Adjustment working with the nose camera? ATM it doesn't appear to and I think the FoV is a little low, maybe.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2013, 11:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Skid wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:

HaYDeN, is it possible to get the FoV Fine Adjustment working with the nose camera? ATM it doesn't appear to and I think the FoV is a little low, maybe.

Nose camera is technically correct, it uses a fixed vertical FOV hence it's HOR+, the FOV you see is the dev's intended FOV...

I was going to implement nose camera and a general camera position mod (X,Y,Z) but got on to other things for one, and because the rest of the game uses vertical FOV, the FOV increase for the nose camera would also impact every other view that is HOR+ already, eg. garage etc.

If your making a request, sure I'll add it - if your asking if it's technically correct as it is, yes it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 126  Next