Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 01:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 09:21 
Insiders
Insiders

any way for this to work with call of duty 4 patch 1.6? ....i play on 1.6 and the widescreen fixer program does not support this patch what so ever :(....any help?

Go to settings and uncheck the box for only displaying the newest version. 1.6 should appear in the drop-down.

hi guys... i just reloaded bf2 after a looong absence...

but using this widescreen fixer (which i loved using in mw2) it just flips the whole image upside down and only stays on centre screen...

i read about this agees ago and have browsed through most of these pages but cant find how to remedy this problem...

please help me :)

cheers...

-B3NJ1

*Edit

BF2 v1.5
3x 1920x1200 = 3x 16:10
or custom = 48:10

also tried 3x 16:9 but still flips upside down and compresses to middle monitor...

But in the end is it the same as adding +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 5760 +szy 1200 to the BF2.exe?
Because if it is I wont bother, tried that in sp and it is pooh...

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 do not handle surround aspect-ratios at all. Not only does it flip the image, but it will actually cull objects around you so you won't see everything. This is a limitation of their engine that I can't get around.

In older versions of Widescreen Fixer, I actually used to hide the surround aspect-ratios from the settings entirely but people kept asking to use them. When I released v2 of WSF, I left it so people could set whatever they want so they could see for themselves.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: yer i kinda figured as
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 10:22 

yer i kinda figured as much...

killer app anyway dude...

love it in cod series....

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Black Ops updated to 1.14. WidescreenFixer no longer works...SHeesh

Oops, an update has already been released..

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 17:14 

I am still having an issue with Black ops.

i just started using SoftTH and got it working for L4D2, Black ops, and BFBC2, but in Black ops I have an odd issue with the widescreen fixer.

i have tried multiple selections in the widescreen fixer, and it will work fine in the menu of the game, but when the game launches, it constantly toggles on and off when i enable it.

anyone else?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 19:29 

Awesome app; wouldn't play BF2 without it :)
Any chance this might, at some point, offer support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood? The game is good, but the FoV is nauseatingly bad - one of the worst I've seen in gaming.

Post subject: bo update
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 01:32 

needs new fix

also is there anyway you can get this thing to auto update with the patches? just wondering?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 01:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Scanning for offsets on new versions is possible, and it's partially implemented locally, but it needs a lot of ironing out. Since the address changes each time, and people can use a variety of aspect-ratios, it would involve taking a set of memory, reading it, following the pointer, and then reading each of those values to see if it matches a variety of pre-set in-game aspect-ratios. Then I would have to figure out whether I want to store that value so it doesn't have to search each time, or scan each time to guarantee it always works. I can't base it off of checksums of the .exe files since everyone has a different checksum. There's just things I have to consider and work out before fully implementing something like this.

Another thing I thought about doing is having the DLLs contain just the necessary functions and no offsets. Then whenever the application is launched, it would download the offsets from the server. This would make it so DLLs need updated less frequently and people wouldn't need to replace it each time. It would also need to store the downloaded file locally so that in case you could not contact the server, or the server is down, then it would still remain operational.

As for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, I do not own the game so I can't work on it. My initial goal with Widescreen Fixer was just to fix the field-of-view and aspect-ratios with games that handled it incorrectly. However, seeing all these games that handle widescreen and surround correctly, but are locked to a ridiculously low FoV, I think I've changed my goal with the application to include FoV fixes where possible. I may make a return to games already supported, as well as current and future games, and add in more control.

Also,
I updated the Black Ops plugin for v7.0.184. :)
Download it here,
https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Enjoy.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: Update works great.
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 03:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Update works great. Appreciated, as always.

Post subject: Thanks for posting the
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 21:20 

Thanks for posting the update.

I will reply back if it fixed the issue I was having that I PM'd you about.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 17:48 

hey Dopefish,

FYI, it fixed the issue I was having! Thanks for the update!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 148  Next