Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 23:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 18:10 
Editors
Editors

Hello, I am running Cod MW3 on Steam and I downloaded the Widescreen Fixer to use on my 3-16:9 setup. I've set the image quality to "native" and it ran great until I restarted the game. Now when I enable the fix the frame rate is horribly slow even in the menu screens. What did I do wrong??

Check the Anti-Aliasing settings, try to disable it and see how it goes.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 19:29 

The fix for MW3 doesn't work with reloaded release :/ It's normal ? The fixer say this : "Game Running : Yes (unrecognized)"

any idea ? :/

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 19:32 
Editors
Editors

The fix for MW3 doesn't work with reloaded release :/ It's normal ? The fixer say this : "Game Running : Yes (unrecognized)"

any idea ? :/

It doesnt support cracks afaik.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 19:38 

no support for the future ?

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 22:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello, I am running Cod MW3 on Steam and I downloaded the Widescreen Fixer to use on my 3-16:9 setup. I've set the image quality to "native" and it ran great until I restarted the game. Now when I enable the fix the frame rate is horribly slow even in the menu screens. What did I do wrong??

Widescreen Fixer should have no impact on performance at all. When you enable it, it simply writes to some offsets, and does so at a relatively low rate to purposely not consume much processor. I'm not sure where your performance issues are at. Try changing more settings in-game and see what works.

Sup Mr.Dopefish, first off great tool and great work i have used it in several singleplayer games to great effect.

I have one request if it is at all possible, would it be possible to to add in a feature to not only do the horizintal but the vertical aswell in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and 3 best way to illistrate this would be to show you the FOV and Aspect of the Steam version and then the AlterIWnet version, i would like the Steam version to replicate the AlterIWnet version as the standard FOV gives me motion sickness, also could you add in a feature to make it idiot proof for example a slider for the horizintal and vertical for those of us who are a bit thick :).

I'm aware of the vertical FOV being low. I do plan to add FoV control for CoD:MW2-3, CoD:BO, and CoD:WaW in an upcoming release, but it will likely be for single-player only. Getting FoV to work in multi-player is likely not possible due to anti-cheat systems. I'll still look into it and see what I can come up with.

no support for the future ?

Probably not. It's not something I intentionally set out to do, but it's a side-effect of the crackers modifying the .exe files. Since I only own legitimate copies of games that is what I work with and fix. If I ever do get around to downloading cracked .exe files then I'll look into it, but there are more important things I'm working on at the moment.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 02:54 

2gromit69
How about reading few posts above you b4 posting? He already said that the way you're able to change fov in steam's mw2/3 isn't working now (VAC detects violation).

So, dear dopefish, if you'll find another way to increase fov in steam's mw3 that will be awesome because as of right now the game is unplayable to me. Thx in advance.
Also AlterIWNet said that they are not gonna work with mw3.

P.S. Just increased BF3's fov up to 99, now I feel like a man.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 07:01 

Dopefish, widescreen fixer is GREAT! I've used it for MW2, and now for MW3 as well. For the most part it looks great running @ 5760x1200, but all of the INDICATORS (objective markers, team death markers, and countdown overlays) are stretched out and don't stay within' the center monitor.

PLEASE HELP!

Post subject: Problems
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 10:55 

3 - 23 Inch Monitors

Windows 64 bit

I7 Quad Core 950 3.67 GHz processor

1 x ATI Radeon 6850 Graphics Card

Problem: Modern Warfare 2, I am uncertain which version of the game I have. It is a standalone client, when I try to run the fixer it says the game is running: yes (Unrecognized) , fix enabled: yes. The game still looks as it did before the tool was launched.

Problem 2: Bioshock, I noticed the latest update for the tool was Nov. 8, but a few weeks or days ago Bioshock 1.1 came out. And the tool doesn't work for BioShock as of now.

Post subject: How many people are
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 13:37 
Insiders
Insiders

How many people are experiencing the squished HUD? And is it only happening with MP?

It is really difficult to diagnose without three monitors. :/

ElementalRose,
1) You can ignore the unrecognized. It just means that it doesn't pick up on which version of the game you have. The fix may or may not work. However, MW2 is only available via Steam legitimately. AlterIW has its own version in the plugin.

2) BioShock v1.1 came out a long, long, long time ago and it does not need a fix. Check the game's graphics settings and toggle Horizontal Lock.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: dopefish wrote:How many
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 14:07 

How many people are experiencing the squished HUD? And is it only happening with MP?

It is really difficult to diagnose without three monitors. :/

I'm experiencing squished icons. Only happening in MP. Actually it's only a problem in certain MP modes. A lot of people probably aren't affected if they play Deathmatch or Hardcore modes. I play a lot of Domination and the A, B and C icons are extra wide and annoying. Some of the on-screen text is also squished but it's not a big deal. I should also note that these icons look fine in MW2. I'd be willing to test out some experimental plug-ins if that would help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 148  Next