Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: FEAR 3 Surround
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 16:20 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm currently heavily re-designing the core mechanics of how flawless widescreen functions... I won't be releasing any further fixes on the old framework. [although all existing items will be transferred]

Might need to wait for studio to fix it on this one.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 18:21 

I'm currently heavily re-designing the core mechanics of how flawless widescreen functions... I won't be releasing any further fixes on the old framework. [although all existing items will be transferred]

Might need to wait for studio to fix it on this one.

Dammit.

Hey, thanks for the update anyway.
Good luck with your site.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2011, 02:00 
I Donated
I Donated

Take a look at day1_coder's comment on the forums: http://www.fearfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17784

They are pending approval. Not sure what that means (maybe the dev's team lead needs to get an approval from...someone?), but they are well aware of the problem it appears.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2011, 20:31 
Founder
Founder

meh I'm sick of waiting will just play this dam game on my friends' borrowed steam acc no way I give my $50 to these pos developers with no eyefinity support and fps lock pos 8 hour one and done game.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 22:32 

Just updated. Better support for Widescreen monitors, and a config file that can be edited for wider FOV and for reducing or disabling Motion blur. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5768/

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 23:08 

This is the list of options in the options.cfg

# Force D3D 9 instead of D3D 11. If you are having graphics-related problems under Vista or Windows 7,
# switching to Direct3D 9 may provide greater stability.
#-d3d9

# Specify a 0-based index to force D3D to use a particular video card when more than one is available.
#-d3dadapter:0

# Specify a preferred refresh rate when selecting full-screen modes. Otherwise the desktop refresh rate is preferred.
#-preferrefreshrate:50

# Explicitly prefer progressive video modes. Otherwise it is driver's choice.
#-preferprogressive

# Explicitly prefer unstretched video modes. Otherwise it is driver's choice.
#-preferunstretched

# Explicitly prefer stretched video modes. Otherwise it is driver's choice.
#-preferstretched

# This may expand the list of full-screen resolutions supported by some video cards
#-forcergbamode

# Override FOV for narrow aspect ratio displays. Range 65 (narrow) to 85 (wide).
-fov:75

# Override motion blur intensity: 0.0 (off) to 1.0 (full)
-motionblurscale:0.3

# Disable automatic detection and use of Steam's push-to-talk settings for voice chat
#-noptt

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 00:52 

anywhere to download the patch?

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 06:27 

The patch allows for Eyefinity and surround resolutions and the FOV set by defualt was good enough for me. This game is excellent in surround. Although, it does require a ton of juice to run it. I am running an older Nvidia driver for my 3D surround, but I'm only getting 45-55 fps at 5760x1080.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 07:49 
Insiders
Insiders

The patch allows for Eyefinity and surround resolutions and the FOV set by defualt was good enough for me. This game is excellent in surround. Although, it does require a ton of juice to run it. I am running an older Nvidia driver for my 3D surround, but I'm only getting 45-55 fps at 5760x1080.

Yeah, I'm getting the same FPS at that res with my 3 gtx480's. But with GPU usage at only 60% on them.

I think it's maybe drivers? I mean if I enable the 2x or 4x AA, my FPS tanks to the 20's, but GPU usage stays at 60%, and VRAM is still not full at any point either... so it seems the drivers or game aren't really optimised for scaling with multi GPU very much.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 08:28 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]The patch allows for Eyefinity and surround resolutions and the FOV set by defualt was good enough for me. This game is excellent in surround. Although, it does require a ton of juice to run it. I am running an older Nvidia driver for my 3D surround, but I'm only getting 45-55 fps at 5760x1080.

Yeah, I'm getting the same FPS at that res with my 3 gtx480's. But with GPU usage at only 60% on them.

I think it's maybe drivers? I mean if I enable the 2x or 4x AA, my FPS tanks to the 20's, but GPU usage stays at 60%, and VRAM is still not full at any point either... so it seems the drivers or game aren't really optimised for scaling with multi GPU very much.

The console port strikes again. -_-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next