Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 13:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:Ok! Since
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok! Since people really want the menus to look nice and etc:)) this new version that a "key" bind that will make the menus on the center screen. BUT:

-----Centered HUD-----
- CENTERED HUD
- LEVEL-UP menu works
- Inventory works
- Map DOES NOT PROPERLY WORK
- Reading BOOKS (with the SAME warkaround)
- LOADING SCREEN PARTIALLY WORKS (texts are somehow...funny)
= Some WORK others DON'T

-----Stretched HUD-----
- STRETCHED HUD (NOT SO NICE)
- LEVEL-UP menu works
- Inventory works
- Map WORKS
- LOADING SCREEN WORKS (even TEXTS)
- Reading BOOKS (with the SAME warkaround)
= ALL WORK

Like before you will have to toggle between modes. TBH I wanted to do this without toggleing but too many things are broken and need re-fixing only to break something else....So I'm in a loop. This way everyone can have either CENTERED HUD or FULLY Functional STRETCHED HUD:D

KEYS:
numpad / - CENTERED HUD
numpad * - STRETCHED HUD
numpad - - Activate before ACTIVATING a BOOK

THE Game will start by default in CENTERED HUD. EACH mode can be switched at any moment(except for the Reading BOOK one). So if during loadscreen or when you are in MAP view you want a flawless display press the STRETCHED HUD key and everything will be readable, usable, etc

I also Include a small pic that describes how to SET YOUR CUSTOM RESOLUTION:

Modify only the RED FIELDS with your resolutions (1680 stands for SINGLE monitor resolution, 5040 STANDS for Eyefinity/SUrround resolution) DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING ELSE OR IT WILL BREAK
Like before use it with CHEAT ENGINE 6.1 and select "YES TO ALL"

Now I am going to SKYrim since I haven't actually played the game until now:)))

Best Regards,
Helifax

EDIT: MINOR PROBLEM WITH THE FIX!!! WILL RE-UPLOAD

Fixed the CT table:) If you downloaded the previous CT table delete it. Instead use the one attached it!

Attached files Centered HUD+ Stretched HUD+ Book FIX.rar (2.6 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: AmeerNuub
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:34 

Thales100:

Thats not an easy job to fix what developers havent cared to do, please lets show all our repect to these guys, there are thousands and thousands of lines and addresses that must be checked and tested before a way of fixing one single flaw happens, and fixing one flaw may break another, so getting a final 100% perfect solution, if possible, requires lots of time and persistence, you should ask this to Bethesda, that got your money, what level of precision can you expect from them in a future "maybe "patch that will add perfect multi-monitor support to this game, but not to HaYDeN and helifax, as they are doing 1- whats possible, 2- their best.

ABSOLUTELY.

From the mouths of the much appreciated coders volunteering their time trying to fix this, these issues could have been so easily avoided with the slightest consideration during development, and if missed, taken an hour's worth of work by the developers with access to the source code, development tools, etc.

This lazy port IS SHAMEFUL. Reminds me of all the positive reviews for the Netflix iphone app just based on the "novelty" of being able to stream movies to your phone, rather than the actual app itself (very buggy). Yes, Skyrim is going to be an awesome game, but in an industry that dwarfs the other industries earnings by multiples, Bethusda needs to be called out for this. The way they have handled it. The arrogant responses. SLI will "never be supported"? What? Might as well have placed a sticker on the package saying "runs best on Commodore 64".

This "charge the suckers full price for a lazy dragon-drop / point n port" culture needs to be opposed.

(you see what I did there? Cause I have no idea... )

First off hear hear, the only comments that should be going out to folks like helifax and hayden are thank you's and great job's because they are spending their time and effort to do what the lame ass developers can't be bothered to do. We can only be thankful we are lucky to have dedicated people that try and fix this stuff and share it with us all.

Secondly, did Bethesda really say SLI will "never be supported" because if so then they can shove it. I heard they said that they would never add support for Eyefinity/Surround for Skyrim and for that right there I won't buy anymore of their products. Because if that is their attitude for this game then I believe that will continue to be their attitude. Hell, if it wasn't for MMO's and folks like helifax and Hayden I would have ditched Eyefinity awhile ago and just gone to a large monitor/TV because the lack of support for Eyefinity/Surround and the "screw you" attitude of many developers nowadays is depressing and it is frustrating to sit around for days and weeks waiting for fixes or just breaking down and playing the game broken as it is. How sad is it that a lesser known developer like Volition can include full Eyefinity support for Saints Row the Third yet a big developer like Bethesda (or Activision or id Software) can't add support for it in their mega popular blockbuster game. If I was a game developer I would have a really small team that included Eyefinity/Surround support for a game.

And yes, the consolification of the gaming industry needs to go away and quit suppressing the PC as a gaming platform. Or better yet, maybe developers just need to stop being such arrogant, lazy, greedy unimaginative wankers and stop dogging on the platform which has been around longer and innovates better than any console.

Anyhow enough ranting I am looking forward to trying out your fix helifax and seeing what goodness Hayden is coming up with just as soon as AMD gets off their ass and gets a CAP out for Skyrim, because my 5970 is gimped until then and I might as well be playing Skyrim on my PS3.

Post subject: OK, now I'm just getting
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:41 

OK, now I'm just getting pissed with this stupid game. The latest fix will load in CE but now the goddamn skyrim process won't load in CE......I'm about to toss my copy of skyrim out the damnned window.....

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:43 

dont know if this has been mentioned before, idont have the time to read 77 pages :P
but when i use helifaxs trainer (Cheat Engine), everything just squeeze up to the left of my left side screen, what is the problem?
hope someone will read and reply this in all this mess :P

Logitech G510 | Razer Deathadder Respawn | Steelseries Qck+ |

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:45 

HELIFAX:

I think i broken something, all i did was use table editor to change tit to my resolution and from numkeys to f1 f2 f3, but not the onyl thing that works is the book fix, and the other 2 make all ui on lthe left screen only.

:(

http://pastebin.com/K2SQ8HKK

What did I do wrong?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:50 
Editors
Editors

Fixed the CT table:) If you downloaded the previous CT table delete it. Instead use the one attached it!

Thank helifax, ive update the game's Detailed Report.

Post subject: Hmm I noticed something
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Hmm I noticed something interesting...If you are loading the CT table before the actual game...all the items are squashed in the inventory...
So it is better to load the game 1st and than ALT+TAB start the CT table and ALT+TAB back to the game!
Then use the numpad /,*,- to select the desired mode.

Kohan69 please use the "Generate Trainer function to change the keybindings of the resolutions"

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 23:53 
Insiders
Insiders

dont know if this has been mentioned before, idont have the time to read 77 pages :P
but when i use helifaxs trainer (Cheat Engine), everything just squeeze up to the left of my left side screen, what is the problem?
hope someone will read and reply this in all this mess :P

U probably pressed the "-" key. That mode is used for reading books only.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 00:08 

When I spoke with Betesda tech support a few days ago they said that crossfire and eyefinity would never officially be supported. They made a point of also telling me that the same was true for Nvida sli/surround, so they are not discriminating here.

Post subject: helifax is this set to a
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 00:08 

helifax is this set to a specific resolution "out the box" cus when i use it with my res of 5960/1080 the centre is off to the left split between the centre and left screen?

also you said you can change the resolution to whatever you want but erm......where all i can see is hotkeys, no resolution figures anywhere

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 302  Next