Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 01:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Helifax, I posted some
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifax, I posted some benchmark info you requested in this thread.

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/18382/batman-arkham-city-surroundeyefinity-su?page=1#comment-235978

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:04 

Accidentally, I've found a relevant parameter in SkyrimPrefs.ini when I was playing with shadows parameters.

As I sayd few days ago, the version 0.4A runs perfect for me!!! , but now, setting a shadow parameters to improve shadows i've encountered that the parameter iShadowMaskQuarter it has something to do with your fix, helifax.

If i have the parameter set to 3, the version 0.4A runs very very well. But if i set that parameter to 5, then, with the same version (0.4A) the Menu is missplaced to the right screen. In the loading screen the text is stretched and unredeable. And when in map, the cursor is disapeared.

I don't know what this parameter is for. But one thing is obvious, it's relevant.

All of you having problems with helifax fix, i encourage you to test changing that value and see if something happen.

Post subject: @ ExodusIt's really a
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:42 

@ Exodus
It's really a complete test. :onethumb
I'll test when I go back home this evening.

But quickly I see two interesting points.
1) I start the patch before to start the game, so I'll try as you to see if it does a difference.
2) The inventory should be on the center screen??? It never works that way for me. The map is well centered but the inventory and the magic are always on the left and on the right screen. It seems other things are not workin on my setup. :O

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Accidentally, I've found a relevant parameter in SkyrimPrefs.ini when I was playing with shadows parameters.

As I sayd few days ago, the version 0.4A runs perfect for me!!! , but now, setting a shadow parameters to improve shadows i've encountered that the parameter iShadowMaskQuarter it has something to do with your fix, helifax.

If i have the parameter set to 3, the version 0.4A runs very very well. But if i set that parameter to 5, then, with the same version (0.4A) the Menu is missplaced to the right screen. In the loading screen the text is stretched and unredeable. And when in map, the cursor is disapeared.

I don't know what this parameter is for. But one thing is obvious, it's relevant.

All of you having problems with helifax fix, i encourage you to test changing that value and see if something happen.

I think you are referring to Hayden's fix:) My fixes were the "Auto Assembly" scripts. Never made it to a tool:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 15:05 

Ohhh yes helifax, my fault

I wanted to say it about hayden fix.

Thanks for the correction :)

As I sayd few days ago, the version 0.4A runs perfect for me!!! , but now, setting a shadow parameters to improve shadows i've encountered that the parameter iShadowMaskQuarter it has something to do with your fix, hayden.

All of you having problems with hayden fix, i encourage you to test changing that value and see if something happen.

Post subject: QD Inventory
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 17:32 

I'd like to ask you (helifax, Hayden), to keep compatibility with the very popular mod QD Inventory.

For this mod it would be perfect to start displaying on the left side (like centered or single monitor displaying) but continue to display on the other monitors, because this mod has issues, where some coloumns (colums after 'books') are cut off.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 18:31 

@ Exodus
It's really a complete test. :onethumb
I'll test when I go back home this evening.

But quickly I see two interesting points.
1) I start the patch before to start the game, so I'll try as you to see if it does a difference.
2) The inventory should be on the center screen??? It never works that way for me. The map is well centered but the inventory and the magic are always on the left and on the right screen. It seems other things are not workin on my setup. :O

Well I have to be honest, I started to play with a "demo" version. I like to see for what I'll give money before to do it, and still more since I have three screen.
I installed my official version only today. And it's another story.

The map doesn't cause any trouble now. I'll play longer to see what happens.

PS: sorry, I'll give a donation for my punition, or better for your good work.

Post subject: helifax wrote:profd
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 19:30 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Ok!

I made a couple of tests with the original TESV.exe and the TESV.exe..4g (from the 4GB patch) and even if the correct 3D Vision profile is not loaded I could not find any performance or graphical issues. So I can say we are not loosing anything in 3D Vision;)) We can use the patch safely

Best Regards,
Helifax

I have found i cant play running the 4G patcher. My game pauses every couple of seconds and exits 3d mode. Then it re enters. The GPU shows the usage bouncing from 0-100 %. I had to enter task manage and kill off the process. Running it non 4G mode the problem doesnt occur.

Are you using any FXXA injection patch for post processing (the one from the Skyrim Nexus)? I am having some weird problems with that one also;)) Yes I know exactly what you mean!!! I also saw extreme stuttering when using the 4Gb patch and that injector.... Another think that might possible cause this is that the SLI bits are not set for the generic profile (if you use nVidia Inspector you will see under Elder Scrolls Skyrim that the game uses specific SLI compatibility)... It seems this needs some more testing...
I will also try to recompile the patch so it uses the same executable name and not TESV.exe.4g name.
Now I only need to find a copy of Visual Studio 2010 non-Express version as it cannot find all the includes when trying to recompile...

Ok, after a bit of fooling around:)) I managed to make the 4GB version to use the nVidia 3D Profile and SLI compatibility bits:

1. Download and install nVidia Inspector
2. Start Nvidia Inspector
3. Go to the driver profile settings
4. Select the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim profile
5. Click the button that says "add application to current profile" (small icon of a window with a plus-sign)
6. Navigate to your Skyrim installation and select TESV.exe
7. Before hitting OK in the Filename field append ".4gb" so the result should be "TESV.exe.4gb"
8. HIT OK
9. HIT "Apply changes"
10. Play the GAME

AGAIN THIS VALID ONLY FOR THOSE WITH nVIDIA cards in SLI and 3D VISION (SURROUND)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 20:06 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd like to ask you (helifax, Hayden), to keep compatibility with the very popular mod QD Inventory.

For this mod it would be perfect to start displaying on the left side (like centered or single monitor displaying) but continue to display on the other monitors, because this mod has issues, where some coloumns (colums after 'books') are cut off.

EDIT: IT seems the inventory works pretty OK with Hayden's FIX. HOWEVER it doesn't support controller inputs which is crap...at least from my point of view:))
So you can safely use it:)
If you have issues with this mod as it is not properly rendered you could try my approach for a stretched hud and see if that works better for you:)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 20:54 

I posted something similar about this setting a few pages back.
I use 0.4B and this particular parameter is set to 4 (default for ULTRA), 0.4A does not work for me. I think we've possibly found the disparity between A & B versions.

Hopefully this information can be used to formulate a fix and re-merge the versions back together again for 0.5 (HaYDeN has already stated some features will be fixed lockpicking and working character creation in eyefinity).
Not sure when this update will be but he deserves some playtime, so no rush on it :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 302  Next