Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 02:13 

[quote]While I respect and appreciate the work done by our resident hackers, some of this money could probably be better used to lobby developers to finish their multi-monitor support. There are now a significant number of people running widescreen and MM setups, and developers who promise support need to know that this is not acceptable.

What would the money do for us, that old fashioned grass roots lobbying wouldn't do?

Sometimes sending cookies works. Signed- wsgf

[note- I have no evidence of cookies actually working]

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 02:16 

i switched out the TESV with the skidrow 5, and im using widescreen fixer R312 i believe, and when i enable the fix, my menu and everything is off the screen completely( just black) and when i disable the fix the menus are back but still blown up like normal? Any ideas?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 03:45 

For those that have written me (for Kudos) in regards to my post on Bethesda, I salute you...I encourage everyone to speak their mind and post on that damn site. Enough is enough...

Dear Beth,

For goodness sakes it's flippin March and Beth's only response/acknowledgement to this issue has been, "Um, we don't support multiple monitors....please change back to 1 monitor, please".

What?

Are you kidding me?

Is this not Bethesda/Skyrim...The #1 Game that single handedly lowered overall PC Game sales since its release date?

Really?

You're joking, right?

Might I remind you that it's March, again...and I've read hundreds, if not thousands of posts from 'Frustrated Wide Screen Gamers' asking politely for a simple answer...Months have gone by and still not a single acceptable response has been released..

Not even a...

1. "Hey, as popular as this game is, a Wide-Screen Fix will be implemented in the near future."
2. "We understand your frustration, we'll look into it and address the problem."
3. "You got us! We dropped the football on this one and should have caught it before launch."
4. "Hah! April Fools...The fix will be in the next update to be released 4/1/12."
5. "Widescreen gaming?? What's that? Tell me more about this you will!"

I would take flippin anything at this point! Write it on a damn napkin and slide it underneath the table like my friends wife did to me the other night. I won't blush nor say 'No'....Just stop the damn silent treatment or this relationship is just not going to work anymore.
I will break-up with you, Beth.

Might I remind you that it's March, again...and we haven't spoken in 4 months.

I've read posts from so many people that try and kiss Beth's butt for an answer, apologize for raising their voice, and dance around the real truth that this 'Menu Problem' is a very simple issue that can be easily fixed by your designers....which will ultimately make MANY MANY
faithful Beth Fans happy! This is not Fluff...This is Truth!

Why should we have to rely on Third Party designers to play your game? I just don't get it??

I also don't understand when Nvidia Surround/ATI Eyefinity are advertising their product like the Dickens, Monitor costs are currently dirt cheap and Widescreen Gamers are being produced faster than a Barn Full of Rabbits...yet Beth is turning her sweet cheek to such a dedicated
group of consumers.

I mean, throw me a bone here?

Why?

I'm completely confused on this...Baffled....I feel like you just told me that I was adopted.

What did we ever do to you anyways?? All we did was build a sweet system to drool over you, Beth? I'm not going to sugar coat it anymore because I'm sick of being bent over the couch and forced to play Minecraft until a fix is released. Four months of Axing/Shoveling
Dirt with a Diamond pick is all I can handle. I've been so bored that at one point I actually video taped my face while playing minecraft and realized after 1 hour of straight playing/'picking' I looked 100%...completely retardo in the face. Let's be honest...If I built this flippin rig for Minecraft, then I was either still delusional from the wifey yanking me to see the 'Vow' or I was unable to find a 'mint condition' Commodore 64...

Take my comments how you may, but from the sounds of it--they are complementary. Spending $5k on a system, for a Multiple Monitor supported game that I had complete faith in, is a sweet sweet complement...And for such love & popularity, Skyrim/Beth can't even get the correct Menu Scaling issue resolved!?
Basic, older, more primitive/childish games already work with Multiple Monitor Gaming....which, truthfully, is the funniest part of this whole 4+ month long plea...

Did I mention that it was MARCH!?

If I may, I'd like to introduce an analogy....It's like buying a Ferrari without a steering wheel...For God Sakes, if a consumer brought back his brand new Ferrari to the dealership and reminded the Dealer that they forgot to install a damn steering wheel, the sales person would not stare at the ceiling and give
him the silent treatment. He would give him a wheel so that same guy could go out & enjoy his toy/rig...the same toy/rig that he built/saved up for these past two years!

...And forgive me if Beth is actually a female...If I may...It's like purchasing a Louis Vuitton bag and realizing it has no shoulder straps...You would not want to carry this purse anymore and you would demand the store implement an easy fix to sew some damn straps on...Wouldn't you!?

....The fact is that it's MARCH and MARCH MADNESS happens during this month and I would love to see Beth let down her hair a little bit...maybe hike up her skirt a smidge and do something for her audience that we haven't seen before...Let's get a little CrAzY, Beth!?
What do ya say, Ol Girl...Let's give em something to talk about.

How about it, Beth?

How about telling us when a permanent fix, for Wide Screen Gamers, is going to happen? Just a hint...a hopeful thought...a wing or a prayer.

So many are waiting for you to speak (with hopeful promise) during the month of MARCH.....I Love You, Beth. I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. I apologize about my friend's wife...Won't happen again.

With Love & Respect,
~MaxSharp

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:34 

Notice that nvidia's latest driver update has the following bullet point:

• Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”

It really does piss me off, actually, to think of the amount of money this game has made, yet this can't get an official fix. Or some kind of polite acknowledgment from Bethesda.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:35 

Sorry, double post.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:56 

I have come to learn that when a company makes a game and does not support eyefinity then thats all I can expect. "Here is our product it only works on 1 screen and we sell it for this amount. Sorry but it does not work on 3. We will not support 3 screens and if you are not willing to play it on just 1 screen then please don't buy it"

Simple as that

This does not mean I am happy with this it just means that is the way it is. Complaining and bitching on forums may or may not change the way they sell there products. All I care about is the fix. Helifax has made it possible to play the game without problems and Hayden can perfect it. Thats all I care about because I have zero faith that beth will add eyefinity support....unless we give them lots and lots off money lol

In the mean time I am going to enjoy the game

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 04:59 

i switched out the TESV with the skidrow 5, and im using widescreen fixer R312 i believe, and when i enable the fix, my menu and everything is off the screen completely( just black) and when i disable the fix the menus are back but still blown up like normal? Any ideas?

the purpose of rolling back is to use hayden's fix.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 07:18 

Maybe we could kill 'em with kindness.
Choose a neutral vendor and send some Bethesda Devs a care package or two. Take the road less traveled and let them know that we are only upset because we care so much for the game, and appreciate what they do and have ♥ and respect for them anyway, regardless of the outcome.
I'm severely disappointed at the lack of Eyefinity/Multi-Monitor support and it really deflated me when, at 1am after standing in line for a physical PC copy of Skyrim all night, to find that the game I had been waiting for forever would not 'work' on my setup just like everyone here, but w/e.
I'm finally at the 'acceptance' phase of this loss, and anger and frustration is counter-productive.

Post subject: I2Wrote
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 10:48 

I to wrote to Bethesda support (UK);

Hi,

Thanks to the 1.4 patch i am back to an unplayable Skyrim!!!

I play @ a 5740x1200 resolution, but now the menus are faling out of

bounds again, since the 3rd party fix (SkyrimUWv0.91) doen't work with

1.4 patch.

Why on earth did you people make a patch that still does not address

this Issue!!! To me and i'm sure many others, this is the most

importand issue that sould be fixed. What is even worse; 1.4 gets

pushed down your throat via steam, and i cant roll back the patch.

The game is worthless for me without proper eyefinity support! i

invested a good ? 3000,00 in my gaming rig, and you people haven't got

the decency to fix these outscaled menus.

I think it should be easy to do, because a 3rd party modder can, or at

least did it for previous versions, all the more reason for me to think

WHY????

I attached 2 screenshots with the menu issue, as you can see this way

the menu misses vital information on the various items and ingredients

and so on.

I could go on for hours stating my discontent, but i think its all clear now.
Hope you guys can supply a fix/patch/solution soon.

Best regards,

Stoffie (a disillusioned Skyrim fan)

AND THIS I GOT IN REPLY:

"Hello,

As far as we are aware the game does not have any official eyefinity support built in, this is why you need 3rd Party modifications in order to make it work correctly. I can only suggest that you wait for the 3rd party modder to update whatever mod they have created to enable this to work in the game.

Regards,

Jamie D.
Bethesda technical support. "

So i hope Hayden's fix will come arround soon.... Cause Bethesda isnt supporting this.

Post subject: That reply was pure
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 11:37 
Insiders
Insiders

That reply was pure AWESOME!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME response Bathesda:)) I really like them.. They have style:P :)))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 302  Next