Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 23:40 

wat about the mouse lag?

anyone else getting mouse lag???

So far I haven't had any issues with mouse or lag and if it was working fine before Helifax's fix I'm not sure what would be causing it now. You could try these two fixes for mouse lag problems and see if they help.

Disabling mouse smoothing/acceleration

Mouse acceleration can be more frustrating than helpful, and there’s no in-game option to disable it.
1. Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
2. Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
3. Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Controls] and find bMouseAcceleration=1
4. Change to bMouseAcceleration=0
5.Save, exit, and play

Fixing the vsync “laggy mouse” problem

If the mouse acceleration fix didn’t solve all your sluggish mouse issues, try this one. Also be sure to disable all gamepad support.
1. Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
2. Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
3. Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Display]
4. Add to the bottom of the section iPresentInterval=0
5. Save, exit, and play

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 23:58 

Hi,

I know I dont do any AR corrections (Aspect Ratios) since this only appears in the menu and loading screens. Until Skyrim finishes all the damn updates I will not look into it...Once we have a FINAL release then I can add alot of things to it.... Why I do this? Because is easier for me to maintain the fix with each patch...

All good, the inventory & dialog menus work great under your fix which is what's truly important to me any ways :)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:10 

[quote]When TestV is run, is it fully loaded into memory, or are parts of it swapped in and out of memory?

The app or the app and all of its data? The data is swapped in and out as needed, otherwise you'd see TESV occupying the same amount of memory as the data folder which is way more then the 32bit executable can map. You'll also notice that when you're running around a small indoors area the game's system and vram usage is lower then say wandering the wilderness and the amounts will grow/shrink as you change zones. If the game had a genuine 64bit executable it could probably throw the entire thing into system ram (provided you have enough room) but currently it has to pick and choose what's relevant to the scenes you're in due to the 4.3GB limit of a 32bit LAA enabled executable.

Meanwhile, a hacky work-around to that if you're looking to take advantage of a lot of system ram is to make a ramdisk, throw the game's folder in there and launch from there. ;)

Hey Bump, thanks for the reply. Yeah I was wondering about the app itself. I was just confused as to some of the things that were going on when I was loading the file into memory. For example in CE some of the executables aren't fully loaded and I was wondering if the TESTV executable was functioning the same way. I have so much to learn when it comes to windows development and how the Kernel itself handles memory. Anyway this was the result of getting sidetracked. I don't think I'm coming up with any fixes anytime soon but now I've done enough to want to keep learing about how to go about it. lol

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:20 

The fix is working great for me, takes care of all the issues I have with the game on a multi-mon setup.

I am seeing a weird issue that I think is separate from the fix or anything and it has to do with really bad screen clipping or bleeding on the sides of the screen when I am up against walls or other objects. The background seems to clip right through the foreground objects/geometry as can be seen in the screenshot below. I remember seeing this same thing in Deus Ex: Human Revolution as well, it was especially bad when crealing through ducts.

This effect occurs on the left or the right of the screen depending on which wall I am hugging and if I get right next to an object like a sign or something it gets clipped through as well. If I move just a bit away from the wall it goes away.

Can anyone clue me in as to what causes this and what I could do to get rid of it?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:22 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]When TestV is run, is it fully loaded into memory, or are parts of it swapped in and out of memory?

The app or the app and all of its data? The data is swapped in and out as needed, otherwise you'd see TESV occupying the same amount of memory as the data folder which is way more then the 32bit executable can map. You'll also notice that when you're running around a small indoors area the game's system and vram usage is lower then say wandering the wilderness and the amounts will grow/shrink as you change zones. If the game had a genuine 64bit executable it could probably throw the entire thing into system ram (provided you have enough room) but currently it has to pick and choose what's relevant to the scenes you're in due to the 4.3GB limit of a 32bit LAA enabled executable.

Meanwhile, a hacky work-around to that if you're looking to take advantage of a lot of system ram is to make a ramdisk, throw the game's folder in there and launch from there. ;)

Hey Bump, thanks for the reply. Yeah I was wondering about the app itself. I was just confused as to some of the things that were going on when I was loading the file into memory. For example in CE some of the executables aren't fully loaded and I was wondering if the TESTV executable was functioning the same way. I have so much to learn when it comes to windows development and how the Kernel itself handles memory. Anyway this was the result of getting sidetracked. I don't think I'm coming up with any fixes anytime soon but now I've done enough to want to keep learing about how to go about it. lol

TESV is fully loaded... now in CT you have a small 2 options:

Writable and Executable. Not all of the memory regions are marked as writable (some are Read-Only). The same for Executable. You should enable in CT the correct option when you do a search to see all the memory regions that are allocated by a program. Be advised that the same memory locations can also be used by other applications (like nvidia/amd drivers for example)
;))
Hope this sheds some light;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:27 
Insiders
Insiders

I agree with this logic and I don't think any of the other developers here are asking for this so much as they would just like to understand what is being fixed. I think the concern here is that a lot of people plan on playing this game for a long time like Oblivion and people are worried that if Helifax and HaYDeN dissapear that no one else knows what to do to keep these fixes going. I think people just want the source to figure this part out. I am learning but I am still a long way of even being able to write a plug in for your WSF.

I have always said that if I ever abandon Widescreen Fixer or no longer have time to maintain it then I will open-source it and make it available to everyone. I'm sure the other plugin authors wouldn't mind either.

Can anyone clue me in as to what causes this and what I could do to get rid of it?

There's really not much that can be done about this. It affects almost all games and it just has to do with the camera clipping into the walls because the view is so wide.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:28 

The new plugin does not auto excecute for me and I can't enable it manually. The TESV.exe loads the launcer. I have always used the skse loader to start my game

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:33 

Will this work with playing in windowed mode? I use the borderless window mod

Post subject: Nevermind I fixed it
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:39 

Nevermind I fixed it

Post subject: Ryukan wrote:The fix is
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:46 

The fix is working great for me, takes care of all the issues I have with the game on a multi-mon setup.

I am seeing a weird issue that I think is separate from the fix or anything and it has to do with really bad screen clipping or bleeding on the sides of the screen when I am up against walls or other objects. The background seems to clip right through the foreground objects/geometry as can be seen in the screenshot below. I remember seeing this same thing in Deus Ex: Human Revolution as well, it was especially bad when crealing through ducts.

This effect occurs on the left or the right of the screen depending on which wall I am hugging and if I get right next to an object like a sign or something it gets clipped through as well. If I move just a bit away from the wall it goes away.

Ryukan,

There isn't a fix for this problem, but I'm curious as to what FOV you are running at? I noticed I had it as bad as your pictures are showing it for a while and it was driving me crazy. I did a few things that definitely cut it down some so that it wasn't so distracting but I can't remember them all although my post about it was somewhere earlier in this thread. I think the biggest thing that helped though was dropping but FOV out of the 100's and into the 90's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 302  Next