Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 23:11 

geez guys you are really flogging a dead horse here. If they won't do it for eyefinity why would you think they would for surround?

They officially announced they will not and never will support 3 screens, basically Bethesda is saying if you want to use it find a modder to add it or go fuck yourself. Plain and simple

I have a 7970 with a massive stable overclock and it destroys all 680s. Those things are stuck with gimicky turbo oc I highly doubt they can come close to the 7970 power overclocks they are famous for.
680is the highend. Nvidia could not make anything better. GK110 does not work and will be used in 2013 for the 780. The 8970 will be a monster with all the oc headroom in the 7970 to harness they will really crank out the performance on that thing, probably come out before the end of the year. I will upgrade to the 780 when it comes out though. 7970 mass oc is amazing enough for me now.

I hate putting my fav game on hold and can't wait for the plugin. Thanks Helifax

The reason it was brought up again is because Nvidia showed Skyrim being played in Surround in a demo video for the GTX 680. If you read his post and clicked the link you'd have seen what we are talking about. This has nothing to do with AMD. We simply wanted to know what they were doing to get Surround to run in Skyrim. They don't show the Skyrim menu or map in the video, so I can't see if they are playing with a fix of some kind or not. If Nvidia is showing Skyrim running in Surround in a demo video, it gives a small glimmer of hope that their might be an official solution on the way. It would obviously work for AMD and Nvidia cards alike. The menus are being scaled based on resolution. Now, I don't think that is going to happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?

EDIT: By the way, this is a thread about playing Skyrim in multi-monitor resolutions. Why come here to spout your BS putting down the new Nvidia card? You must be feeling bad about your purchase, so you have to talk bad about the competition to make yourself feel better. There are plenty of other places to do that.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 23:35 

So, once again Steam just ignored my Update function preferences and updated to 1.5... Eagerly awaiting Helifax's updated plug-in now :(

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 01:00 

[quote]geez guys you are really flogging a dead horse here. If they won't do it for eyefinity why would you think they would for surround?

They officially announced they will not and never will support 3 screens, basically Bethesda is saying if you want to use it find a modder to add it or go fuck yourself. Plain and simple

I have a 7970 with a massive stable overclock and it destroys all 680s. Those things are stuck with gimicky turbo oc I highly doubt they can come close to the 7970 power overclocks they are famous for.
680is the highend. Nvidia could not make anything better. GK110 does not work and will be used in 2013 for the 780. The 8970 will be a monster with all the oc headroom in the 7970 to harness they will really crank out the performance on that thing, probably come out before the end of the year. I will upgrade to the 780 when it comes out though. 7970 mass oc is amazing enough for me now.

I hate putting my fav game on hold and can't wait for the plugin. Thanks Helifax

The reason it was brought up again is because Nvidia showed Skyrim being played in Surround in a demo video for the GTX 680. If you read his post and clicked the link you'd have seen what we are talking about. This has nothing to do with AMD. We simply wanted to know what they were doing to get Surround to run in Skyrim. They don't show the Skyrim menu or map in the video, so I can't see if they are playing with a fix of some kind or not. If Nvidia is showing Skyrim running in Surround in a demo video, it gives a small glimmer of hope that their might be an official solution on the way. It would obviously work for AMD and Nvidia cards alike. The menus are being scaled based on resolution. Now, I don't think that is going to happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?

EDIT: By the way, this is a thread about playing Skyrim in multi-monitor resolutions. Why come here to spout your BS putting down the new Nvidia card? You must be feeling bad about your purchase, so you have to talk bad about the competition to make yourself feel better. There are plenty of other places to do that.

No I feel zero remorse. My card does 1220/1685 1.25v ( I know it can go higher but I am happy with this until I get my accelro cooler on it) Its one of the fastest gpus on the earth. Nvidia 680 is a great card but does not beat 7970 oced.
and you are right there is no harm in asking
and your right this is not the place to discus this. I will say no more

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 02:20 

I complained about the auto-update thing, and this is the answer I got from Steam Support. I don't know about you guys, but this is unacceptable for a single-player game and I plan to write them a stern letter and (attempt to!) not buy anything through them again. It's really too bad because they are really a perfect platform, if they just weren't this bone-headed on issues like this.

I guess "The pirated version is better" applies here again... *sigh*

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello *real name redacted*,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The option to disable automatic updates does not disable the requirement for Steam to install the latest updates before launching your game. This option will only allow you to delay the update until you next choose to launch the game.

There are no options for running Steam games without all necessary updates.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message was sent by the Steam Support helpdesk.

Have a question we can help you with? Visit our knowledgebase for a list of questions and answers:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb.php

Alternatively, ask our staff a question:
https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Steam Support :: https://support.steampowered.com

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 02:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi,

I will start working on the fix tomorrow morning:) It will take a while to update it;)) but hopefully not to much;)) Keep you posted:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:Hi,I will
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 03:26 

Hi,

I will start working on the fix tomorrow morning:) It will take a while to update it;)) but hopefully not to much;)) Keep you posted:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

YAY YAY YAY so I can hopefully play it tomorrow?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 04:11 

I wouldn't count on playing it tomorrow, but hopefully in the next few days. Thank you Helifax, I really appreciate your efforts and all your hard work!

Post subject: Interesting Reply
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 06:03 

Well Steam, that is interesting. And useless. :-)

I finished Skyrim for a while, but when I spent my three or four weeks playing I kept Steam in offline mode for the weeks when it had a skyrim beta brewing. Kind of over the top, but since that was the only purpose for Steam for those few days, ti worked well. I got no achievements, but I don't care about that much. I was able to continue playing until completion while others had the 1.4 patch inflicted upon them. Just a thought I wanted to throw out to my multi monitor brothers..

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 08:38 

I actually made a backup of my 1.5 exe now, so once Helifax's fix is in I shouldn't have to worry for a bit. :)

Post subject: Fix update for 1.5
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 15:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

I have updated the fix to work on the latest release of Skyrim 1.5.
The new plugin can be found attached to this post:) Also it will be part of widescreenfixer.org later on today;))
Hope you enjoy it;)) and happy Dragon killing:P

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.rar (12.2 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 302  Next