Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 21:27 

This may seem like a stupid question to some, but what is the main difference between Helifax and Haydens Skyrim fix. Personally I like Helifax's fix with Widescreen fixer. It works pretty well although there are a couple of minor bugs. Plus it's in Widescreen fixer so it's just one app for me to update rather than having lots of fixes everywhere.

Am I missing something though by using this rather than Hayden's fix?

I don't think you are missing anything. All that really matters is a playable fix anyway right? HaYDeN hasn't come out with a fix since 1.3.10 because he abondoned his old fix and has been working on a new fix from the ground up which he believes will work well for many games including skyrim once it's released. So unless you were going to roll back your .exe file to an old version it's kind of a moot point until HaYDeN releases his next fix.

Post subject: Exodus wrote:sparx1981
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 00:04 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]This may seem like a stupid question to some, but what is the main difference between Helifax and Haydens Skyrim fix. Personally I like Helifax's fix with Widescreen fixer. It works pretty well although there are a couple of minor bugs. Plus it's in Widescreen fixer so it's just one app for me to update rather than having lots of fixes everywhere.

Am I missing something though by using this rather than Hayden's fix?

I don't think you are missing anything. All that really matters is a playable fix anyway right? HaYDeN hasn't come out with a fix since 1.3.10 because he abondoned his old fix and has been working on a new fix from the ground up which he believes will work well for many games including skyrim once it's released. So unless you were going to roll back your .exe file to an old version it's kind of a moot point until HaYDeN releases his next fix.

Indeed:) You are not missing anything except playing the game:)

Attached files Mass Effect 3.rar (462 B)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Exodus wrote:Chronify
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 03:58 

[quote]Can't wait Hayden! I just beat the mass effect series in 1920-1080. Gunna have to give it a multi monitor play through once you release your program. Can't wait, keep up the good work :D

This isn't a thread on ME3 so I won't get carried away but why didn't you use Helifax's plugin with wide screen fixer? It took me all of 30 seconds to download and run and it runs widescreen for ME3 flawlessly on my machine. I can't even tell it wasn't designed to run on 3 screens with his fix. Just curious but could you not get it to work?

Your right this isnt a mass effect thread so lets end it here, but i wasn't referring to the 3rd one (although i did say series). i was referring to ME1 and mainly 2, which i cant seem to find a fix for. Just beat it thought. going onto ME3 an i know helifax has a fix for it. Enough about mass effect though, i'm just being a positive supporter for Hayden's tool, whenever it may be released.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 20:12 

sigh... I really despise the idiots at steam who keep forcing game breaking "fixes" every patch. New version 1.5.26 now. And of course the widescreen fixer is broken again.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 20:24 
Insiders
Insiders

sigh... I really despise the idiots at steam who keep forcing game breaking "fixes" every patch. New version 1.5.26 now. And of course the widescreen fixer is broken again.

Awesome!!! Bathesda really looks like an awesome company with all the f_cking patches they pushed by now...Every week a new patch..really says everything about their coding;)))
Anyway back on topic;)) I will update my fix probably on Saturday;)) I am sorry I can't do it sooner:(

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: wow I can't believe
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:27 

wow I can't believe this!

Can someone please upload a exe for the v1.5.24.0.5

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:50 

wow I can't believe this!

Can someone please upload a exe for the v1.5.24.0.5

Now does everyone understand why I'm asking for the .exe files? Whether using Helifax's or Haydens fix, the files should be available for download in these situations. I can't believe they are not. I can believe, from their history, that EVIL CRAP COMPANIES like Bethesda and STEAM (as in "you got burned") don't offer the patches individually and act like gangsters with their forced platform integration, but I can't believe no private sources have saved the files to help out in any other version than 1.0.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:55 

Thanks again to Helifax for how promptly this fix has been updated. However, I would think it might be a good idea for someone somewhere to go ahead and save the three necessary files for this version so that the next crap update that breaks the game doesn't slow anyone's playing time down. I'm currently playing in 1.0 with the internet unplugged, or I would myself. It would be great if this site could link to those files.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 22:01 

I'm not a coder and probably wouldn't understand if you told me, but it's interesting in a maddening and enraging sort of way, that each "fix" breaks the game for us, when I doubt they are fundamentally changing anything graphically with each fix. Any explanation why this keeps happening?

Post subject: When you make changes to
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 22:04 
Insiders
Insiders

When you make changes to source code - no matter how slight and then recompile it, the compiler will make different decisions, do things in different orders, link in slightly different ways depends on any settings that have changed.

A few updates back the entire structure of the EXE changed requiring a fix from the bottom up, the prior patches were all just refinding the injection points which shift when the EXE changed.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 302  Next