Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 18:42 

Sounds like a job for you :)

You realize anyone can update it? (well assuming you have a few posts)

Nope, didn't realize that. I was under the assumption that only Mods and Editors can edit official news releases, WSGF detailed game reports, and other official content. Remember seeing quite a few posts in this thread early on from Thales100 giving direction and claiming responsibility for adding current fixes to the report page... and I'm guessing 65 posts doesn't qualify me for anything more than a nuisance.

Post subject: AmeerNuub wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 14:28 

[quote]

Nope, didn't realize that. I was under the assumption that only Mods and Editors can edit official news releases, WSGF detailed game reports, and other official content. Remember seeing quite a few posts in this thread early on from Thales100 giving direction and claiming responsibility for adding current fixes to the report page... and I'm guessing 65 posts doesn't qualify me for anything more than a nuisance.

Nope, all you have to do is go to the detailed report page and select edit near the top of the page and it's pretty much just filling in fields after that. I'd do it for you but I have 9 posts less than you do. :)

LOL Just kidding, I can update it later tonight if I have time.

Post subject: Exodus wrote:AmeerNuub
PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 18:52 

[quote][quote]

Nope, all you have to do is go to the detailed report page and select edit near the top of the page and it's pretty much just filling in fields after that. I'd do it for you but I have 9 posts less than you do. :)

LOL Just kidding, I can update it later tonight if I have time.

Interesting! Did not know that. I've changed it (the best way I know how, anyway).

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 23:07 

I give up.

I've now done a clean install of Windows (7 Home Premium x64), newest ATI drivers, Eyefinity set up and working fine, clean install of Skyrim (thru Steam w/all patches)... and I'm stuck with three clones of the same screen.

I've run Widescreen Fixer only to have it do nothing more than hide the initial menu (when you first load Skyrim) and the program crashes once Skyrim is exited.

I've tried Flawless Widescreen but it also doesn't do anything when the hotkeys are pressed.

WHAT AM I MISSING???

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 00:06 

I give up.

I've now done a clean install of Windows (7 Home Premium x64), newest ATI drivers, Eyefinity set up and working fine, clean install of Skyrim (thru Steam w/all patches)... and I'm stuck with three clones of the same screen.

I've run Widescreen Fixer only to have it do nothing more than hide the initial menu (when you first load Skyrim) and the program crashes once Skyrim is exited.

I've tried Flawless Widescreen but it also doesn't do anything when the hotkeys are pressed.

WHAT AM I MISSING???

You're going to have to set the game's resolution, widescreen fixer doesn't do that for you. All widescreen fixer does is make your menus usable and not all stretched out.

This is the way I do it, it's allot simpler then messing with the game .ini

1 ) Launch Skyrim
2 ) Click "Options" on the launcher
3 ) Make sure Aspect Ration is set to Standard (4:3 or 5:4)
4 ) Click the "Default" button (or Ultra, High, Medium or Low if you know your setup will run with games at those settings in eyefinity)
5 ) The Resolution field should go BLANK after you hit the button
6 ) Change any additional Graphics Settings
7 ) Click OK
8 ) Open Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen fixer
9 ) Select the fix and leave it running
10 ) Launch the Game
* ) If you're using Flawless Widescreen everything should be all good to go but if you're using Widescreen Fixer you're going to have to configure the fixer before launching Skyrim. Just make sure you follow the instructions found here if you plan on using Widescreen Fixer. I recommend just grabbing Flawless widescreen.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 00:37 

How can i resize/scale the lockpick?

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 01:36 
Insiders
Insiders

How can i resize/scale the lockpick?

I think the general consensus was that people didnt like the side effect - that is makes it darker.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:onthemour
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 02:44 

[quote]How can i resize/scale the lockpick?

I think the general consensus was that people didnt like the side effect - that is makes it darker.

I didn't have a problem with it being darker. If it's possible to add it to FW I would definitely use it!

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 22:30 

If anyone is still reading this thread, can anyone provide me what their performance numbers are like (FPS) at full widescreen resolution?
Even without mods I seem to be getting 20-25fps max around Whiterun on my 5870 1GB at 5760x1080. Single monitor I'm in the mid 50's to 60(cap).

I'm thinking it's a GPU cap and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to 680 4GB when I can (or if two would be better). I want to get a solid >30fps minimum with AA and high res texture mods installed.

PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 13:39 

If anyone is still reading this thread, can anyone provide me what their performance numbers are like (FPS) at full widescreen resolution?
Even without mods I seem to be getting 20-25fps max around Whiterun on my 5870 1GB at 5760x1080. Single monitor I'm in the mid 50's to 60(cap).

I'm thinking it's a GPU cap and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to 680 4GB when I can (or if two would be better). I want to get a solid >30fps minimum with AA and high res texture mods installed.

Okay my rig is:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition (3.4 quad with unlocked mulitplier)
GPU: XFX 6990 4gig (basicly 6970 2 gig in crossfire on one board)
RAM: 8 gigs of ram

Skyrim Stats
Resolution : 5992x1080 (bezel corrected)
Graphics Level : Ultra (Maxed)
Whiterun FPS :40-55
Skyrim Outside FPS :60
Catacombs FPS: 30-40

Hope that helps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 302  Next