Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Hello all,Made a
PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 20:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Made a modification inside the plugin. Please test it and tell me if this one works for you:)

Attached files Plugin.Risen 2 Dark Waters.rar (151.4 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 07:11 

Opening menus are now fixed. No more distorted garble.

Dialogue in conversations still non existent. I'm still experimenting with work-around.

Closer helifax, closer :-)

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 10:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Opening menus are now fixed. No more distorted garble.

Dialogue in conversations still non existent. I'm still experimenting with work-around.

Closer helifax, closer :-)

Hmm:) will dig deeper I guess:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 16 May 2012, 16:24 

I think someone has already suggested this helifax, but why not make it the same as your hack from the original version .... that was good enough!!

I appreciate that you are doing more fancy stuff with memory here, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

PostPosted: 16 May 2012, 17:42 
Insiders
Insiders

I think someone has already suggested this helifax, but why not make it the same as your hack from the original version .... that was good enough!!

I appreciate that you are doing more fancy stuff with memory here, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

You really want a fix like the original version? where the hud and stuff is stretched..? I can provide one:) but I think this one is better if the correct pointer for the text resolution is found, dont you agree?

Anyone tried to enable/disable the fix after in-game and press the workaround key until they see the hud changed (and then try a conversation) It is possible the value is not written correctly the 1st time:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 04:32 

Yes ... I've tried all combos & variations of fix on/off and work-around on/off. No dialogue.

And yes, I do agree that the solution you are seeking is far superior, but as it stands, it's just not playable with the patch version. I appreciate the fact that you would rather hack away (:-)) at a permanent solution, but in the interim, could you please (pretty please) release the original fix upgraded for the patch. I, in all honesty, I don't mind sacrificing an "all or nothing" for a "near enough is good enough". It's like root cause analysis in ITIL ... let Problem Management (you) run with the issue in the background whilst the end-users (us) are content and working with a temporary solution provided by Incident Management (you) :-)

I've got 3 friends that agree with me ... your ears should have been burning (pleasantly so) last night :-)

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 11:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes ... I've tried all combos & variations of fix on/off and work-around on/off. No dialogue.

And yes, I do agree that the solution you are seeking is far superior, but as it stands, it's just not playable with the patch version. I appreciate the fact that you would rather hack away (:-)) at a permanent solution, but in the interim, could you please (pretty please) release the original fix upgraded for the patch. I, in all honesty, I don't mind sacrificing an "all or nothing" for a "near enough is good enough". It's like root cause analysis in ITIL ... let Problem Management (you) run with the issue in the background whilst the end-users (us) are content and working with a temporary solution provided by Incident Management (you) :-)

I've got 3 friends that agree with me ... your ears should have been burning (pleasantly so) last night :-)

Damn damn damn:P
I thought it would work..for some reason on my PC works everytime...damn.. I cannot make the list of pointers going down and apparently this pointer works for me and some other fellows.
Anyway:) I understand you point of view and totally agree with it. I will release an updated version of my original plugin in the mean time while I get this one sorted out and working for all people:)

Stay tuned.

Edit: I still require some information though:

- You start a conversation
- You press the workaround key - Do you see the FOV changed?
- You press Enter (and blindly select a conversation). Once the conversation is done do you see the dialogs in the upper part of the screen?
- After you end the conversation do you see the HUD squished on the Y axis?
- Pressing the workaround key returns it to the normal state?

Edit2: I found out what the problem is:) looking for a fix:)

Edit3: Made a small correction in the code. Please let me know if this solves the issue!

Attached files Plugin.Risen 2 Dark Waters.rar (151.5 KB)

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 07:39 

So sorry for the late reply ..... I've been away.

No good heli .... there is no change to the symptoms.

OK
Yes
- You press Enter (and blindly select a conversation). Once the conversation is done do you see the dialogs in the upper part of the screen?
No
No
Yes

Also, switching to the inv locks-up the game. The good old original never crashed for me.....

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 10:05 
Insiders
Insiders

So sorry for the late reply ..... I've been away.

No good heli .... there is no change to the symptoms.

OK
Yes
No
No
Yes

Also, switching to the inv locks-up the game. The good old original never crashed for me.....

Ok understood:) Problem is, I use the same pointer / mechanics for the original plugin also. Will look more into it:) Thank you for the reply:)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012, 06:59 

I am considering buying this game and I am trying out skidrows. It does not work. How do I get it to work?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next