Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 03:44 

daimian wrote:
Make sure you are manually changing your screen resolution in skyrimprefs.ini (located in My Docs/My Games/Skyrim/). Your looking for:
iSize W=
iSize H=

Thank you - i'll certainly check this when i get home from work.
I do remeber trying setting those weeks ago when i started this process, but perhaps they've reset or something.
(maybe i should set it to read only after i've updated it - will that affect anything?)

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 22:22 

I have seen people recommend making the ini files read-only however I have seen instances where the steam Skyrim launcher has still over-ridden this and updated the file. Recently just opening the launcher caused my custom shadow settings to revert to Ultra settings.

There have been other instances where the FWS failed to completely alter the memory and only part of the UI was scaled correctly, usually a quick restart of Skyrim solved the issue however.

Antias wrote:
daimian wrote:
Make sure you are manually changing your screen resolution in skyrimprefs.ini (located in My Docs/My Games/Skyrim/). Your looking for:
iSize W=
iSize H=

Thank you - i'll certainly check this when i get home from work.
I do remeber trying setting those weeks ago when i started this process, but perhaps they've reset or something.
(maybe i should set it to read only after i've updated it - will that affect anything?)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2013, 13:55 

I finally got a chance to log in and thank you Daimian.
Works almost perfect now across all screens.
Flawless widescreen is fixing menus nicely and SkyUI is a godsend.
Now to figure out why FWS is not affecting the FoV - the "stretch" on side monitors is very extreme and FWS doesn't seem to do anything.

I've only loaded Unofficial Skyrim Patch, SKyUI and the high res Texture packs.
Dont want to push my luck..

Thank you again Daimian :thumbup:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2013, 20:21 

No problem, glad it worked for you.

As for your FOV issue, you can change the FOV on the fly ingame by accessing the console (` key - just below escape) and typing in "FOV X" without quotes and replace X with your desired FOV. This will not save your FOV setting for next game launch however but can be used to then alter the .ini file if FWS is not working.

FYI don't forget my snowflake fix for multi-monitor Skyrim located on the previous page :)

Antias wrote:
I finally got a chance to log in and thank you Daimian.
Works almost perfect now across all screens.
Flawless widescreen is fixing menus nicely and SkyUI is a godsend.
Now to figure out why FWS is not affecting the FoV - the "stretch" on side monitors is very extreme and FWS doesn't seem to do anything.

I've only loaded Unofficial Skyrim Patch, SKyUI and the high res Texture packs.
Dont want to push my luck..

Thank you again Daimian :thumbup:

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 14:40 

Hello,

I have a question.

I have the 5760 x 1080 resolution working great and also am trying Flawless widescreen.

Problem is that when i play the game, the menu, compass,crosshair etc are on the left screen ...

im using a HD 7870 and an 15 3750k.

Can anyone tell me how i can fix this?

Thx

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 07:02 

I am hoping someone can help me solve this without having to fully uninstall and reinstall Skyrim, which is what I had to do in the past.

I have 3 30" monitors in portrait mode, for a resolution of 5106x2560 (that's with bezel correction- 4800x2560 standard). I am using NVIDIA nSurround.

When I first installed Skyrim, it would run fine on this (the menus ingame are difficult to read, but that's something to troubleshoot further down the line).

A few days ago NVIDIA lost the signal of the side monitors and I had to redo the Surround option and re-add the side monitors. It's possible that my bezel corrected resolution now differs from what I had earlier.

I restarted Skyrim and now I get this error before the game loads:

"Failed to initialize renderer.
Your display doesn't support the selection resolution. Please set a different resolution in Skyrim's launcher under Display Settings."

Thing is, there are no resolutions in the Resolution field that even come close to what I am using. I've usually just kept Resolution field blank.

Can anyone advise me how I can get this working without doing a full uninstall and reinstall. Also, I am not interested in running the game in Windowed Mode.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 21:25 
Insiders
Insiders

peppergomez wrote:
I am hoping someone can help me solve this without having to fully uninstall and reinstall Skyrim, which is what I had to do in the past.

I have 3 30" monitors in portrait mode, for a resolution of 5106x2560 (that's with bezel correction- 4800x2560 standard). I am using NVIDIA nSurround.

When I first installed Skyrim, it would run fine on this (the menus ingame are difficult to read, but that's something to troubleshoot further down the line).

A few days ago NVIDIA lost the signal of the side monitors and I had to redo the Surround option and re-add the side monitors. It's possible that my bezel corrected resolution now differs from what I had earlier.

I restarted Skyrim and now I get this error before the game loads:

"Failed to initialize renderer.
Your display doesn't support the selection resolution. Please set a different resolution in Skyrim's launcher under Display Settings."

Thing is, there are no resolutions in the Resolution field that even come close to what I am using. I've usually just kept Resolution field blank.

Can anyone advise me how I can get this working without doing a full uninstall and reinstall. Also, I am not interested in running the game in Windowed Mode.

Thanks.

have you tried deleting the configuration file? It should automatically create a default one in which you just need to put your settings back.

Make a back-up before deleting it and see if it helps:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 12:30 

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing problems with either Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen Fixer and Skyrim 1.9. Its not that the game would crash or anything but both applications tell me that this version of Skyrim is not supported and nothing is changed ingame. Since I do not really posess any significant technical skills I would not know wether there were a simple solution for this issue or not. I am currently running 3 19" monitors in Eyefinity on 5760x1080.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 14:39 

Gonzo1701e wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing problems with either Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen Fixer and Skyrim 1.9. Its not that the game would crash or anything but both applications tell me that this version of Skyrim is not supported and nothing is changed ingame. Since I do not really posess any significant technical skills I would not know wether there were a simple solution for this issue or not. I am currently running 3 19" monitors in Eyefinity on 5760x1080.

I am also having this problem. I wish there was a way to not apply the patches. In steam I selected not to automatically update the game and I reinstalled(from DVD) but it still applies the latest patch.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 19:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Signia wrote:
Gonzo1701e wrote:
Hello,

I am also having this problem. I wish there was a way to not apply the patches. In steam I selected not to automatically update the game and I reinstalled(from DVD) but it still applies the latest patch.

Hey,

I will update the Skyrim Plugin for Widescreen Fixer later today:) keep you posted:)

Best regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 302  Next