Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 6
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 21:07 

helifax wrote:
kayawish24 wrote:
no , it dont work with eyefinity :( i put the plugin in widescreen fixer plugins and then i selected Resident evil 6 from the list.When i run the game widescreen says FIX ENABLE - Yes but the HUD are still to big and i cant see the main menu all of them.i have the RE6 reloaded version and its updated 1.01 version from skidrow.please fix it

It works only for the Steam version:)

YES, but skidrow is also steam version i think because i can see steam files in skidrow Resident evil 6 Reloaded.its steam files but cracked one.steam_api.dll , steam_rld.ini all are steam files are not ?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 21:21 

I cannot get this fix to work. I don't support stealing games but I always try it out before buying to make sure it works. That being said will this work only on steam purchased?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 21:47 
Insiders
Insiders

onthemour wrote:
I cannot get this fix to work. I don't support stealing games but I always try it out before buying to make sure it works. That being said will this work only on steam purchased?

Yes this will work only o bought games via Steam.
Usually I don't make fixes for cracked games, but like you sometimes I take them test them and if it requires a fix see what I can achieve.
The reason is easy. If I release a fix for a hacked version, even if you want to buy it you will have no reason to do it...
This way, if you like the game, you buy it and the fix will work on it:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 03:13 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Hello all,

Here it is:)

- Simply download the attached plugin and put in WideScreen Fixer Plugins folder. (It will be part of WSF in the next update)
- Select it, configure it (or leave it on Autodetect -> Tested only on nVidia Surround)
- Start the game. Be sure to use the same resolution ingame as the one of your Desktop resolution, otherwise manually configure the plugin.
- The plugin will automatically enable.

PS: I noticed that after the plugin kicks in, Resident Evil 6 process starts to use 100% CPU and the game might stutter for around 10-15 seconds, before it reverts to normal. I have no idea why this happens, but it doesn't break the game or anything else. I thought to mention this also, so people know what to expect and that indeed this is "normal" behaviour. Like I said after 15 seconds the game reverts to normal and is fully playable.

PPS: The game doesn't support bezel corrected resolutions and I haven't looked into enabling support for those at the moment.

So, grab it use it and let me know how it works for you:) :onethumb:

Best Regards,
Helifax

NICE! thank Helifax good job man, nicely done works great. Is there any chance you could expose the degree of FOV and let us tweak that, this would be freaking rad by default the game has ass FOV?

Am very happy I can play it in multi thanks to you, you are totally right an ass port 100% :( It sure is no Bioshock I or Tomb Raider 2013. Still I am a fan of the series and this fix is very cool.

Thanks again, I get paid this Thursday will score you some more games that could use fixes and are good.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 18:41 

thanks for the fix, helifax!

now playing in 3D surround...

cutscene is a bit, not totally on the center screen,

as in RE5 no bezel res support, but the problem is that it look worse than RE5@"@ just played a bit in the tunnel...the low res mist is just pathetic~~"

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 21:14 
Insiders
Insiders

teardropmina wrote:

as in RE5 no bezel res support, but the problem is that it look worse than RE5@"@ just played a bit in the tunnel...the low res mist is just pathetic~~"

Yeah some of the textures are weird I know...too low resolution...
What do you mean the movies are not on the center? can you give me more info on what you experience? thx:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 01:11 

helifax wrote:
teardropmina wrote:

What do you mean the movies are not on the center? can you give me more info on what you experience? thx:)

no problem now:)

last night I didn't change my desktop res from bezel to the in-game one. then I changed the desktop res, but somehow it didn't register. this morning, everything is fine: movie is on center screen.

btw, in addition to the low res texture, I guess what I wanted to say about the mist in the tunnel was that...it looked like in 8 or 16 bit color depth~~"

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 01:31 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Hello all,

- Simply download the attached plugin and put in WideScreen Fixer Plugins folder. (It will be part of WSF in the next update)
- Select it, configure it (or leave it on Autodetect -> Tested only on nVidia Surround)
- Start the game. Be sure to use the same resolution ingame as the one of your Desktop resolution, otherwise manually configure the plugin.

PS: I noticed that after the plugin kicks in, Resident Evil 6 process starts to use 100% CPU and the game might stutter for around 10-15 seconds, before it reverts to normal. I have no idea why this happens, but it doesn't break the game or anything else. I thought to mention this also, so people know what to expect and that indeed this is "normal" behaviour. Like I said after 15 seconds the game reverts to normal and is fully playable.

PPS: The game doesn't support bezel corrected resolutions and I haven't looked into enabling support for those at the moment.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax! You da man! (c:

EDIT: It's not perfect but it's playable at least. (c:
The only thing I noticed was I started a new game as Helena and at the time I could use my gun the HUD was on the center monitor but half way up the screen not at the bottom. I will try it again and SS it.

EDIT 2: Yeah it happened again, was hopeful it was the fact I setup the MM res and it was just being finicky but no such luck here are the images.

Just so you know it was at that same position even after the dialogue.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 02:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Kayden wrote:
helifax wrote:
Hello all,

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax! You da man! (c:

EDIT: It's not perfect but it's playable at least. (c:
The only thing I noticed was I started a new game as Helena and at the time I could use my gun the HUD was on the center monitor but half way up the screen not at the bottom. I will try it again and SS it.

EDIT 2: Yeah it happened again, was hopeful it was the fact I setup the MM res and it was just being finicky but no such luck here are the images.

Just so you know it was at that same position even after the dialogue.

Yes, I know...apparently applaying the same fix to the reloaded and steam version gives diff results (the steam version got 1 patch though) Anyway I talked to Hayden and he also posted a screenie with a perfect text and hud. I guess he will release it in the following days:)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 02:23 
Insiders
Insiders

teardropmina wrote:
helifax wrote:
teardropmina wrote:

no problem now:)

last night I didn't change my desktop res from bezel to the in-game one. then I changed the desktop res, but somehow it didn't register. this morning, everything is fine: movie is on center screen.

btw, in addition to the low res texture, I guess what I wanted to say about the mist in the tunnel was that...it looked like in 8 or 16 bit color depth~~"

Ah yess, IF you use a diff resolution on the desktop from the one in-game , the plugin autodetects the windows one. So you need to manually configure it:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next