Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Jun 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2013, 14:30 

Trying to run the Steam copy of KOTOR on Windows 7 x64 in 1920 x 1080 and it isn't working.

Sometimes KOTOR crashes, sometimes Flawless Widescreen crashes. When neither crash, KOTOR runs at 1600x1000 or whatever. Here's the debug log:

Any ideas why it won't run, or why I get a compile error?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 16:13 

Wrycu, for me at least there was some fiddling to be done every time I started the game for this fix to work. I just finished the game again, and there's no (major) issues that I've found as long as you can get the game/fix to work.

Here's my workflow:
- Start KOTOR with fix enabled. KOTOR will start in a window, so you need to hit alt+enter/return to make the game full screen.
- Now, if it starts with a single centered menu, then you're all good to go, but this rarely happened for me. If it doesn't you need to go into the graphics options, and select your desired resolution if it's there, in which case you're good to go.
- If your resolution isn't there (sometimes I just got 3 800x600 and 3 1024x768 entries), you need to disable the fix, alt+tab out of the game, enable the fix, and wait for it to display a load of info in the status window (after it stops showing "injecting..."). Once you've got this, you should be able to alt+tab back into the game and select your resolution as above...good to go.
- If the game crashes on starting with the fix enabled, I found that sometimes you need to close the tab in Flawless Widescreen and reload the plugin before it'll stop crashing. It's something to do with the errors from your screenshot.
- If the game is crashing regardless of the fix, I had to set XP compatibility mode on W7 64-bit for the game to work.

I think I've covered everything, so if you're up for doing all that on every game launch, you should be set.

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2014, 01:25 

Hi everyone.

I used UniWS to change the resolution pf SW:KotOR 1(!) to 1680x1050 and downloaded the HUD patch files for it, but my HUD is still scaled down and aligned to the top left corner it seems (like in this picture: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=129433#p129433).

Does anyone know a fix for this? I tried the troubleshooting guide already. :|

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 17:48 

Hey guys new here so go easy. Ive used the tool on here and the game is indeed running at 1080p with my laptop screen's native resolution also being that. Yet when I play the game the right and bottom are cut off. What can I do to fix this?

Specs:

i5 3230M 2.6 ghz
8gb RAM
Geforce GT 635 M 2 gb