Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Sep 2024, 20:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 22:14 

Is it possible to get the 21:9 support for the AC4BFMP.exe?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014, 08:25 

Hey guys can anyone help me?

I am using 4 monitors in Nvidia surround (I know the 4th cant be used only accessory).

I put my monitors into portrait mode and the game will do 4800x2560 but with bezel correction at 5000x2560 it switches to a mini landscape mode. Any idea how to fix this?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 17:33 

Thanks Jackfuste! This Game was just perfect with this Resolution!

Could you upload another patched EXE for Assassins Creed Liberation HD? There is the same Letterbox Problem with 2560x1080!

Please :)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 08:55 

hey just wondering if anyone can help me, playing black flag a few days back, i have 3 16:9 screens and they were working fine on black flag for a while but then one day this happened

so i got the game on my main but not sides, i tried flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer the same and nothing worked so... anyone know what i should do?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 19:44 

Sioclya wrote:
I'm running a 3 5:4 monitor setup and it's downright impossible to play the game. And that's not even talking about how bad the framerate is (no matter what I set in the options).
The top and bottom black bars are ENORMOUS. Have a screenshot from the menu:
4144x1024, HD7950, Catalyst 13.11

Did you fix the black border issue?

1 x 1TB SP F1. Corsair HX 620W. 3 x Asus VN247
26" Samsung LCD TV/Monitor
Coolermaster Stacker 830 + custom wolf vinyl
SB Z

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 08:03 

I'm running the game here at 3840x1024, using both FW to remove the letterboxing, and Cheat Engine to adjust FOV.

It took some effort to get it set up right, but now it works great. However, I've been trying to find a solution to an issue, and so far haven't seen any mention of it at all in fact.

Here's the problem. During most sections of the game, everything looks alright. However, once you take the wheel on your ship, the volumetric fog suddenly near clips on the edges of the screen.

I would have posted screenshots of this effect here, but unfortunately, all my attempts to capture the screen come up black (I tried prt screen, bandicam and cropper, all failed).

Anyhow, let me try to describe it then. What I was able to notice is that the volumetric fog in AC4 is rendered using a mesh that's placed in front of the camera. Kind of like putting a lens in front of it.

This mesh is set up with a shader that 'paints' fog over the world. I was able to notice this because when the mesh is clipped at the edges of the screen, as you rotate the camera around you can see the edges warp and bend, very much as what you would see when the camera clips through walls and other surfaces.

For some reason, once you grab the wheel on the ship, either this mesh moves, or the main camera's near clipping plane is changed (likely, to avoid z fighting issues on large open spaces like the ocean), and on very wide screens this is visible as the fog suddenly clipping out at the edges. This not only spoils the atmosphere a bit, it also means you can use the edges of the screen to 'cheat' a bit and see things very far away.

Anyhow, back to the point, I've been trying to find a way to hack the camera near clip value to a better value, but as you might imagine, that's easier said than done when you have to figure out where that value lives in memory. I would assume that AC4 is like any other sane game, and that value is stored somewhere that isn't being written to all the time... I would also suspect it must live somewhere close to the FOV address, since they're all camera parameters.

Hopefully some of you hex-savvy individuals can give me some pointers on this issue? 8-)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 11:59 
Editors
Editors

Interesting. I can't say I ever noticed that but I'm not far into the game, not sure I even saw any volumetric fog yet. :think:
Try taking screenshots with Fraps, it's working great here (AC4+FW in Win7).

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014, 08:13 

Ok, I tried FRAPS, and also got a black screen, so I had to resort to a less 'elegant' method of capturing the screen... well, at least it shows the issue.

This is while not holding the wheel. Nice and smooth fog all across the screen:

Now this is while holding the wheel. You can clearly see a dividing line on both sides of the screens, where the fog clips away:

Here's a close-up of the clipping. Notice how much the fog affects visibility of objects near the horizon:

Has anyone experienced or noticed this? For reference, I'm running a single display through a TripleHead2Go, driven by a single output off a GTX 690. NVidia Driver version 331.65.

Again, thanks in advance for any ideas here.

Cheers

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014, 12:18 
Editors
Editors

Not elegant maybe, but very efficient ! Great pics.

Well, since the only difference when holding the wheel is the narrower FOV, I suspect your CE tweak to be the culprit here. It's definitely weird though, and your config has many unique traits (TH2G, 15:4, dual-GPU card, multiple hacks...) that could each be a part of the puzzle. Maybe HaYDeN on the Flawess Widescreen thread could tell you more.

FWIW here's what my game looks like...

Holding the wheel:
Attachment:
AC4BFSP_won.jpg
AC4BFSP_won.jpg [ 703.74 KiB | Viewed 2012 times ]

Not holding the wheel:
Attachment:
AC4BFSP_woff.jpg
AC4BFSP_woff.jpg [ 764.36 KiB | Viewed 2015 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014, 15:02 

How do you use CE to change FOV. I just can't follow it on the Spanish youtube link.

1 x 1TB SP F1. Corsair HX 620W. 3 x Asus VN247
26" Samsung LCD TV/Monitor
Coolermaster Stacker 830 + custom wolf vinyl
SB Z

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next