Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 08:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2005, 22:45 
Editors
Editors

and what about unreal tournement 2004

Supports widescreen natively. Should be able to change the res and FOV in the settings menu. :)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2005, 22:58 

I haven't played UT 2004 for a while, but I remember having to hack two separate .ini files. Have they now added it to the menus in the latest patches?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2005, 00:40 

what file do i go to for reserection of evil

For ROE, you need to edit the DoomConfig.cfg in C:Program FilesDoom 3d3xp

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2005, 01:59 

how do you mod half-life 1

also does farcry support wide screen without mods

does age of empires age of the kings support wide screen

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2005, 05:23 

me2621a, you're asking questions faster than anyone can answer. Slow down! :wink:

I was curious so I just reinstalled UT 2004 and patched it fully. I could find no "native" settings for widescreen in the game menus. But I'm pleased to report that my .ini hacks still work. If you're really interested, I'll post the details tomorrow. I'm too tired right now.

As far as Half-Life 2 goes you don't need any hacks. That's the beauty of that game. You just choose your aspect ratio of either 4:3, 16:9 or 16:10. Once you've selected the correct aspect ratio of your display device, the appropriate resolutions are available as options. If you're hoping to use 1440x900 then your aspect ratio is 16:10.

Edit: Ignore the above. I now see you were interested in the original Half-Life. See, I told you I was tired.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2005, 12:33 
Editors
Editors

UT2004 works using the same .ini method as UT2003 - check the stickies at the top of PC Solutions. :) It does, in some cases, allow you to do it in the menu's, though - lots of people have done it this way. I'll try to grab a screenshot (if I remember) the next time I load it up. :)

Half-Life 1 supports widescreen if you use Steam. Since I refuse to use Steam, I don't play HL1 any more.

Far Cry supports widescreen natively. Just select the right res in the config program.

AOEII had a solution, but the thread went AWOL a while back and the person who found the solution hasn't come forward to reenlighten us. :(

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2005, 05:21 

wow that stinks

so there is no hack to half life right

and also i take back what i said earlyer i still cant get doom3 to work :( Ive tried everthing you guys have said. could i ask somone a huge favore?

please can somone take step by step screenshots of changing resolution of doom3 to 1440x900
right now im playing it at 1024x768 with 4aa and it looks ok but i would still like to play it at 1440x900 couse then it will look amazing.

however i did get unreal 2004 to work without a problem
i know this is a huge favor to ask but i just cant seem to do it

thank you to anyone who will try

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2005, 05:43 

I can't post those screen shots for you, because my projector and monitors don't support a 16:10 aspect ratio. But here are exact instructions that should help to make sure you didn't forget a step:

1. Patch Doom 3 to version 1.3
2. Use WordPad to open this file "DoomConfig.cfg". The default location of this file is "C:Program FilesDoom 3base".
3. Find these four lines and change them to the following exactly:
a. seta r_aspectRatio "2"
b. seta r_mode "-1"
c. seta r_customHeight "900"
d. seta r_customWidth "1440"
4. Click on File>Save
5. Close WordPad
6. Start Doom 3 and everything should display properly.

If it doesn't, I would assume that your video card doesn't support 1440x900 natively. But there is still a good chance that you could add this resolution using PowerStrip and then that resolution should work fine.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2005, 05:59 

ok i did that
:D i think

4 questions
if i go into the system settings in doom3 the res it displays will be 640x480 right. Cause thats what mine displays. I know somthing happend because befor that it was set a 1024x768. And that was the only thing that changed.

also if i change these settings in the DoomConfig.cfg and play a round of doom3 and come back to the file looking same way as it did after i edited it does that mean it was playing the way i set it up.

is there a code that i can type in like a cheat code wile i am playing the game that will show me that i am playing at 1440x900. just want to be shure.

im playing this on a dell insperon 9300 with the 6800 go
i think this card supports 1440x900? but i dont know can somone tell me

also not to drive anyone nuts but could somone do what X-ray did but this time on how to configure call of duty

thanks

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2005, 07:29 

if i go into the system settings in doom3 the res it displays will be 640x480 right.

It will say something other than 1440x900. Don't worry about the menu. The game will display according to your config file.

also if i change these settings in the DoomConfig.cfg and play a round of doom3 and come back to the file looking same way as it did after i edited it does that mean it was playing the way i set it up.

Yes

is there a code that i can type in like a cheat code wile i am playing the game that will show me that i am playing at 1440x900. just want to be shure.

There might be, but I don't know it.

im playing this on a dell insperon 9300 with the 6800 go
i think this card supports 1440x900? but i dont know can somone tell me

If you just check your display properties (Right click desktop, properties, settings) can you select 1440x900 as one of your resolution choices?

It's important that you prove to yourself that the settings actually worked. This is what I suggest. Go back and change the config file to a 4:3 resolution such as 1024x768. Remember to set the aspectRatio to "0". Leave mode on "-1". Start the game and go to a precise spot on the map, such as standing with your back up against a wall. Look carefully at your field of view. Memorize the side boundaries. Then change back to the settings I gave you. Restart the game. Go to the same spot on the map and compare. You should find that you're definitely seeing more 3D world side to side

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next