Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 01:57 

PAddy could you please ask Racer x to do a 1920 1200 for prince of presia 3? thanks

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 02:19 

sounds great, ive tried Racer_S widescreen fix on 1.2 retail but it doesnt do anything... im thinking about about trying 1.3 but i have other things that wont work if i update :(

does anyone know how long the res changer needs to stay open? because the program seems to keep redrawing itself or something and it keeps messing with nfs making screen flicker & distort? :shock:

also the res changer layout looks different. it looks plain on my screen but the screenshot earlier shows it looks cool and colourful? not sure if that means anything tho...

i couldnt get the amazing looking camera hack to work either, i read the instructions and settings... maybe im just unlucky? :(

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 04:58 

You should have the res changer running in the background. I did Alt-Tab out of NFSMW and shut down the res changer and it still worked when I went back in the game. It's your choice if you want it running in the background.

It looks different in the screenshot because he is using a differnent Windows theme.

This is how mine looks. Plus I edited the changer to have the NFSMW icon as you can see and placed it in my Start Menu.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 08:58 

it doesn't work for me.

Opteron 170.
7800 GTX's in SLI.
81.95 drivers.
game version 1.2, then updated to 1.3

neither work for me.

but thats ok, I got so damn use to Artmoney, that I really don't mind using it now, and actually perfer it now, cause I can experiment with it on other games that don't actually support widescreen gaming... :D

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 09:29 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys ...
If it isn't working for you or if you have any questions for Racer_S it's probably best to ask him yourself over on his forums ... Click on his logo ...

He's a really busy guy so please be patient ... :D
He is primarily into racing games ... so he might not have POP3.

Cheers ... :)

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 16:29 

[quote]Hey, Paddy... Sorry to bother, man... But any chance we could get a windowed mode switch in the res changer?

Thanks again!

Racer_S's answer ...
"about the windowed mode... its not that easy... although I had the demo in a window using 3d analyser."

So I guess that means it's not worth it for the lenght of time it would take him to add it ... sorry ... :( ... You could try 3d analyser it has an option to display in window mode ... :?

Ok, pal... Well, thanks anyways. I'll search for the 3D Analyser and let you guys know if it works.

Thanks a lot...

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 16:49 

Ok, Paddy... Bad news to me... :( 3D Analyzer doesn't run the retail game... I think that's because the exe is encrypted. :(

I guess I'm gonna have to stand with this ALT+ESC thing... lol

No problems at all. Keep up the good work guys.

Bye bye.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2005, 16:54 

You might give a try at DirectX Tweaker, I think I remember seeing a "Window mode" somewhere.

AWx

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2005, 01:46 

hey, neither the widescreen or camera hack worked yesterday when i was on 1.2...
today i updated to 1.3 and both work exactly as they are suposed to with no flickering or anything. 8)
did anyone get 1.2 working with these programs??
both programs are amazing... i just wish my laptop suported different widescreen resolutions other than 1680x1050...
i had to turn some settings down on 1024x768 and now i need to turn of nearly every thing! :shock:

oh well, thanks Racer_S, i definitely prefer my aston martin now, it used to look like a limo! :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2005, 03:24 

I too couldn't get it working with the version 1.2.

I'll try 1.3 and let ya'll know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next