Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2006, 04:35 

The FOV ini mod for AA doesn't work ... even though it's the same UT engine ... :(

BF2 isn't on a UT engine... O.o

They are on Battle(something) 1.5 I think...

They wrote their own...

And, making a mod wouldn't work...You'd only be playing with other widescreen users...And it couldn't support other mods...

And ranked servers aren't anything...In my opinion, getting rewards for getting a lot of points ruined gameplay...

Which is why I don't play ranked.

Only mods for me...

Check our Final Hope, Point of Existence, and Project Reality Minimod. (Sorry no links.)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2006, 08:05 
Editors
Editors

[quote]The FOV ini mod for AA doesn't work ... even though it's the same UT engine ... :(

BF2 isn't on a UT engine... O.o

They are on Battle(something) 1.5 I think...

They wrote their own...
In that quote ... AA=Americas Army ... :wink: ...
and was in reply to this question in the post before it ...
PB on americas army doesnt kick for widescreen does it.. its a menu selected res... how does it do for FOV though? i take it it mods the same as UT2004

:lol: ... 8)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 16:00 

I figured PB would catch it sooner or later. It's an "unfair advantage"

This whole lack of widescreen support really pisses me off.
I paid for the game, I paid for the monitor, and it is currently less enjoyable than playing on my 19" CRT in the respect that, I am having to fine tweak all the mouse sensitivity and visuals, so I can actually get a kill.

I wish punk buster would acknowledge that for us widescren ppl the game is more unplayable than having a good chance at cheating.
Anyway, with 5.1 surround, you can determin where the attack, sounds are coming from anyway.
having 5.1 has helped me hearing ppl sneak up on me from behind.
How can that not be cheating!!
Anyway.
Thanks for all the hard work in trying to create a patch.
Keep it up!!
Much appreciated!

Chris...........

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 16:58 

They should just comprimise so it's vert- by 10% and hor+ by 16%. That way the amount of information onscreen is the same.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 20:20 

Widescreen monitors are a somewhat new technology which can enhance the gaming experience and give the player a better view of the game. If getting any sort of advantage from hardware would be prohibited and considered a cheat, then fast CPUs, fast GPUs, lots of RAM, high pixel resolutions, fast (or very slow) network connections, stereo speakers/headphones, optical mice and special mousepads ought to be considered cheats too for the same reason.

If Dice/EA aren't implementing proper widescreen support because they think widescreen resolutions give an unfair advantage, then they should do the following to the game too: cap the framerate to 30, cap the resolution to 800*600, cap the server game tickrate to 20, only support mono sound, and cap the number of times per second mouse input gets calculated to something a mouse from 10 years ago delivered.

If the above is the case, then Dice/EA are F***ING STUPID (caps intended) for ignorance towards new technology.

If Dice/EA aren't implementing WS support because they don't know how, again, they must be F***ING STUPID because it would definitely be TRIVIAL to implement.

Also, I'd like to say that Battlefield 2 has the worst user-interface EVER. I mean seriously, why the f*** does those simple menus take like 10 seconds to load up every time? Why, even after a year release and several major patches, is it still not possible to re-bind 'Left Shift' to something such as 'Crouch' using the in-game menus? One of the patches even claims to have fixed this s***, but that's a lie! Why do they strech the graphical user-interface components, such as text and the radar, making it look ugly in higher resolutions and skew in non-4:3 aspect ratio resolutions? Why is there keyboard input lag when typing messages very quickly?

The answer to all that: because Dice/EA SUCK!

So yeah, even if this BF2 widescreen hack by Racer_S would work in online games, I still wouldn't go off any buy BF2 because Dice/EA are such incompetent idiots.

...ahh, that felt good. :P

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 08:25 

You mean my 6 channel surrond sound Zalman headphones are considered cheating? That is proposterous! What insulance! :!: What outrage! :!:
lol

Thats right i have an unfair advantage for using mine too! I hear you behind me to my left then you move right then left again i know your not a friendly cause no friendlies on my HUD. I know you have your knife out wanting that knife kill so i whip around and Bang! Bang! Bang! Now you need a body bag!
Also you type wtf and call me a cheater lol

I have a saying of mine "if you wanna Play you gotta Pay!"

I agree there should be support for this issue because! A person with a Dell 30" Has an advantage over a Guy with a single 19" monitor! So how can they say 3 monitors would be unfair? He is shooting at 7" tall characters on his screen lol! I have a friend that has one he can see everything with it!

My opinion. I dont know Jack either!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006, 03:56 

I agree with all of you that Battlefield needs widescreen support!

I've posted a poll on EA's forums asking: Do you feel that having widescreen support in Battlefield 2/2142 would give WS users an unfair advantage over 4:3 users?
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27047
I think everyone with an opinion on this issue should chime in on this since this is on the official EA forum and is (presumably) read by EA/Dice... although they do suck at responding to questions http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=290172#290172

Regardless... they don't plan on supporting WS in BF2142 either :cry:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006, 05:03 
Founder
Founder

Regardless... they don't plan on supporting WS in BF2142 either

Welcome to the forums blackdaze. :)

Don't be too sure about BF-2142. This year at E3 I talked to a few people who were more than amenable to the topic of native widescreen support. There is also another thread around here somewhere talking about the possibility of it. Cross your fingers. :wink:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006, 21:34 

Regardless... they don't plan on supporting WS in BF2142 either :cry:

You sure about that? Have a look at this video interview...

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/video/?p=18

Notice all those widescreen displays? I can't tell from the video whether the widescreen implementation is properly done, though...

/crossfingers

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2006, 20:33 

I've already E-mailed EA before this is getting redicilous all current games are supporting widescreen. they act like it's a cheat and it's an unfair advantage

I also can't see any of the screenshots on this page as they are not loading up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next