Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 12:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 05:38 

ok first u go start > run, locate your NFSC demo folder, rename the file nfsc_demo (or somthin like that) to speed2, then start the resolution changer, select underground 2 from the drop down list, then locate the main NFSC directory from the file explorer bit in the res changer, then you will see where u can change your res, enter whatever your res is, then click patch, and there you are, and when u start carbon make sure to set the res to 640x480 and it should work, well GL.. im not the best at explaining but o well, i hope all works out :wink:

I did all that - I'm not a noob at comps lol. It's just not working :S It won't show any .exe files (I can only select the NFS Carbon folder) and at no time will the res boxes allow me to type in them (making it impossible to set my desired resolution). Is something on my comp blocking this, is it a faulty download, or what - I don't get it :S

Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 05:50 

i'm having exactly the same problem, it is impossible to type in the desired resolution, there is no cursor in those 2 windows... someone please help

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 05:55 

u dont have to select the speed2.exe to patch! just the demos main directory... very odd that u cant type the res, i could.. hmm i can only think of one thing, you have to have the "uniws.exe" in the same folder as the "patches.ini" so if u only extracted uniws and not the patches.ini that might be the problem..

gahh wouldnt have to go thru this shit if ea would get it together and support ws..

edit: hmm also make sure u have NFS underground 2 selected, i tryed putting it on nfs underground 1 and i couldnt change the res..

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 06:00 

u dont have to select the speed2.exe to patch! just the demos main directory... very odd that u cant type the res, i could.. hmm i can only think of one thing, you have to have the "uniws.exe" in the same folder as the "patches.ini" so if u only extracted uniws and not the patches.ini that might be the problem..

gahh wouldnt have to go thru this shit if ea would get it together and support ws..

edit: hmm also make sure u have NFS underground 2 selected, i tryed putting it on nfs underground 1 and i couldnt change the res..

I did all this before, still doesn't work : And I'm using full version, not demo.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 06:07 

same here, just tried again to make sure i'm not loosing it... nope same thing.... this sux

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 06:37 

[quote]ok first u go start > run, locate your NFSC demo folder, rename the file nfsc_demo (or somthin like that) to speed2, then start the resolution changer, select underground 2 from the drop down list, then locate the main NFSC directory from the file explorer bit in the res changer, then you will see where u can change your res, enter whatever your res is, then click patch, and there you are, and when u start carbon make sure to set the res to 640x480 and it should work, well GL.. im not the best at explaining but o well, i hope all works out :wink:

I did all that - I'm not a noob at comps lol. It's just not working :S It won't show any .exe files (I can only select the NFS Carbon folder) and at no time will the res boxes allow me to type in them (making it impossible to set my desired resolution). Is something on my comp blocking this, is it a faulty download, or what - I don't get it :S

Thanks.

click on the carbon directory then choose underground 2 on the pull down menu at the top of the patcher window... patch it then rename it back to nfsc.exe

BTW whoever thought of trying the uniws patcher is a genius and deserves at the very least a dry-humping by the nearest high-school lunch lady!! I heart you man!!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 10:19 

I'm having the "unclickable boxes" problem as well, im assuming it just changes the speed2.exe

If one of you can make a 1920x1080 version that would be great.

send it to [email protected] plz (zip/rar format)

Also, if whoever is kind enough to do several version

16:9
1920x1080
1280x720

16:10
1920x1200
1680x1050
1440x900

I'll host these after they are emailed to me, thx.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 11:47 

Thanks. This roxx! Just did the uniws patch, had to rename nfsc.exe to speed2.exe, patch, then rename back to nfsc.exe and done! My carbon collectors edition is now running at 1680x1050! Thanks to everyone ere..No thanks to EA for not supporting ws..

Cheers

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 11:55 

spazticblur it works! i set res. 1368x768 and works great!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 12:52 
Editors
Editors

Does this present the proper aspect ratio though or is it stretched across the widescreen res like using "ureschanger2".

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next