Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 12:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Rainbow Six Las Vegas
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 19:05 
Editors
Editors

Now that's the problem ... :wink:

Here is how to ...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nvidia:_Add_Custom_Desktop_Resolution

It is from the "Features" at the top of the forum ...

If you have a problem ... let us know maybe someone can help further.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 19:06 

Thanks a ton for all your help. I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas! :)

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 19:36 

I'm still having some trouble setting the custom res. My control panel is different then the one in the tutorial. I have the latest forceware. Do you think you can walk me through it?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 20:06 
Editors
Editors

OK ... here you go ...
Be in mind that last time I tried this with the nVidia drivers I couldn't get it to do 1440x900 ...
I think just because the drivers were not correct/complete ... or something.

Also keep in mind that you do this at your own risk ... I'm not responsible if it all goes pear shaped ! ... :D
Some monitors do not like custom resolutions !

It's something like this ... but I have slightly different drivers from you as I am at my computer with the 8800's not the 7900's ...
It should be very similar though ...

Open the nVidia controls... make sure it says "Advanced View" at the top and not "Standard View" ...
Click "Display ... Setup display resolution, multiple displays, photos and video support"... in the main panel on the right ...
Click "Manage Custom Timings" ... in the panel on the right ...
Click the check box "Allow modes not exposed by the display" ...
Click the button "Create" ...
Input your desired resolution ...
Click Advanced and make sure it says "Actual refresh rate : 60.00"
Click "Test" ...
The screen should change to the new settings as a test ... when it asks you if you want to keep the new settings click yes or ok.
That should be it ...
Click the OK button at the top right and you have your custom resolution ...

Now set your desktop resolution back to 1680x1050 ... but double check that 1440 is in there also as a display resolution.
Use the widescreen file for the game as before and you should have the game in 1440x900 ... but your desktop will be at it's native resolution.
The in-game video options menu will say some other resolution but it should be correct ...
You can change all the video settings in the game apart from the resolution ... if you do change the resolution you will mess it up.

I hope this helps ... get back to me if you are still having trouble and I will if I can help.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 20:56 

So far so good, but I have a question. Actual refresh=59.88. Is that going to be a problem?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 20:59 
Editors
Editors

If it accepted the new res I wouldn't think so .... but can't be sure ... I think it is just your monitor.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 21:11 

That's weird. It actually made it worse. :( The setting was available on properties, but when I set it the desktop shifts to the top right and now theres tearing and white lines at the bottom. I guess it just cant be displayed. Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 21:19 
Editors
Editors

Sorry to hear that ... :( ... we tried ...

You mentioned earlier in the thread ...
... but 1680x1050 does work. I want to lower the res because of lag issues.
... Not sure how much it will help you but try turning the shadows down to low ... during the game you don't really notice they are low ... especially when you are ducking and diving to survive ... :mrgreen: ... and it really helps with the framerates.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 05:19 

Sorry to be asking so late in the game! Is there any chance of getting 1216 x 692. Buy the time i can translate little endian I would have gotten old and lost interest in games altogether. Dam you lcd tv manufacturers that give native resolutions that aren't equal to the input.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 16:33 

Sorry to be asking so late in the game! Is there any chance of getting 1216 x 692. Buy the time i can translate little endian I would have gotten old and lost interest in games altogether. Dam you lcd tv manufacturers that give native resolutions that aren't equal to the input.

1216X692??!!! WTF kind of resolution is that? Sell that thing and get one with more normal res.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next