Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NHL 08
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 16:32 

Hello, why when Im in display options and I want to change resolution to at least 1024x768, I can only choose one: 800x600. My LCD is in resolution 1440x900, so I think there should be 1024x768... :(
Can anybody help me? thanks

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 12:15 

I had that same problem with old Catalysts (using Vista). Just update those and you will get more options.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 17:42 

Well if no one knows how to run it widescreen what about windowed?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 13:39 

I had that same problem with old Catalysts (using Vista). Just update those and you will get more options.

I dont have ATI, I have nVidia and my drivers are Omega.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 22:33 

I don't believe I really have anything to say this year. To read my usual rant about lack of widescreen support, please refer to topics NHL 07 ---> NHL 200 BC

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 18:34 

Since about 2002-2003 EA Sports has begun the destruction of PC Sports gaming. Started around that time by acquiring exclusivity on all major sporting licenses, i.e. Nascar, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc... So no other developer could use those licenses and therefore could not compete in the sales market. I remember EA killed one of my favorite titles: Papyrus' very own Nascar Racing 2003 season by acquiring the license to make Nascar games. Ever since then Nascar games by EA Sports have sucked terribly in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nascar fan but playing through Nascar Racing 2003 Season and you'll see that game pwns any racing game ever put out on the PC.

EA Sports gives little or no attention to PC sports gaming and it shows in their lackluster ports of their sports titles. Every year PC gamers have been subjected to crappy ports of all the console equivalent. This year its no different. Lack of widescren support, lower resolution graphics, dated gaming engine, lack of features and support for keyboard and mouse gameplay or even support for PC gamepads, EA reminds us why we shouldn't buy their titles.

EA sports has the audacity to say that PC sports gaming isn't even profitable on the PC. How ironic that the company that single handedly destroyed PC sports gaming can then complain about sales figures in the PC gaming market.

EA Sports either needs to start making better games on the PC or release their hold on all the major sporting licenses. I am tired of not being able to play a quality sports gaming on the superior gaming platform that is the PC.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2007, 16:20 

Guys come'on now, enough ranting about how EA sucks. We need solutions here...
I don't believe I really have anything to say this year. To read my usual rant about lack of widescreen support, please refer to topics NHL 07 ---> NHL 200 BC

As I said above. I never found a way to get NHL 07 to use widescreen resolutions. If you have then by all means TELL ME.