Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2005, 23:34 

I want to see what other people have tried with ArtMoney as far as modding games that are either, ignored or unmoddable by normal means.

Art Money is a little program that among other things, allows a determined person to mod the games resolution by modding the game as its still in the RAM of the computer.
it's not a permanant fix, but in some cases, it may be all there is.

if you don't know how to use Art Money, you can read exactly how to do it, in this post here.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5928

once you get the basics down, it's pretty simple, cause the same method works from game to game.
once you have a saved file for your resolutions, it's rather easy to ALT TAB out of the game, then load your save resolution, change it, then go back into the game.
after I find the actual lines I need to try a resolution mod, playing the game time after time, only takes about 20 seconds longer then it would without it, so it's definatly worth learning if you want to get a game that normally doesn't offer widescreen options, to run in widescreen, if theres no other solution available.

So far I have tried...

Silent Hill 4 - The Room

This game appears to work great modded.
I had it running at 1680 x 1050, and it was smooth as butter, and did not appear to be stretched or anything, but I am still testing this game.

Edit

After some discussion with another member, it would appear that this game is indeed stretched, when in widescreen mode :(

Tony Hawk Underground 2

This game does not run in widescreen resolutions, even when modded.
I can mod the game just fine to enable 1680 x 1050 resolutions... the problem is, the game stretchs, just like Max Payne 2 does.
doesn't matter how you mod it, if it's anything other then a 4:3 resolution, the game will be stretched.
the game can be modded to run at 1600 x 1200 or whatever for people wanting even more resolution then the game normally offers, but other then that, there appears to be no luck modding this game, cause it will just stretch... much the same way as Max Payne 2 does.

Max Payne 2

The old nemesis of every game modder.
a game that simply cannot be modded...
once running in widescreen resolutions this game, stretchs the charactors to be fat and short... and doesn't look good at all.
I was hoping Art Money would allow me to try and do something, no config file modding, or driver modding could...
but even RAM modding, doesn't do a thing for this game...
it's still short fat max, if you try and run this game in widescreen resolutions :(

well, I have tons of games, and alot of curiousity, so I am sure I will be trying other games later.

if you tried to get some game working with Art Money, please post your results, good or bad.

if theres no one to mod the game for you, doing it yourself is always a option... not exactly convienent, but better then nothing, while being stuck with black bars on your nice widescreen monitor. :D

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2005, 17:27 

I got Sonic Heroes to work at 1680x1050 (maximum supported resolution is 1280x960). FOV is streched, as in Silent Hill 4.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2005, 17:54 
Editors
Editors

Total Overdose but the HUD is off centre ... :(

See here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5932ose

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2006, 00:04 

Dynasty Warriors 4 :Hyper

when modding this game with Art Money... all that happens, is it moves the square box, to the upper left corner, so the game, then runs in square mode stilll, but off to the side of your screen.

there seems to be some work needed, cause I find that if I only mod the vertical resolution, then it almost works, but the lower part of the screen gets cut off.

like if you mod 1280x1024, to 1280x800 then it almost works, but the bottom half of the screen then becomes cropped, but it doesn't atleast move the entire image to the side of the screen like the other way does.

I see no config file or anything, that would let me mod this game by normal means either.