Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 07:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Unreal Tournament 3 Beta
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 05:00 

Anyone else have the demo randomly crash with illegal ops?
I barely finished 1 match that it did, it does so every time I play just not always as quick. I thought it was enabling hardware openal audio but it still crashed later after I re-disabled it.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 18:24 

Seems that you don't know the rendering method UE3 uses. UE3 uses Deferred Lighting, which means it's almost impossible to have AA running at the same time because of the way the lighting works.

See here for more details: http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/19/

Pff... Wrong! AA works in all(!) Unreal 3 Engine Based games with optimization!!!

Download nHancer (http://www.nhancer.com) and set the Anti-Aliasing compatibility (00000045) see the screenshot! That's all! :wink:

Here is the screenshot from Unreal Tournament 3 Demo with AA and optimization:

ASUS P8Z77-V | Intel Core i7-3770 | Alpenföhn K2 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba DDR3-1866MHz Kit | Intel HD Graphics 4000 | Samsung 830 64GB SSD + 2xWD Blue 500GB + Samsung F4 2TB | LG GH22NS70 + Pioneer DVR-216DBK | ASUS Xonar DX | Genius SP-HF1255A | Logitech G400 + SteelSeries QCK Mass | Dell UltraSharp U2312HM | Cooler Master 690 II Advanced | Corsair TX750W | Win 8.1 x64

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 19:28 

doesn't work for me, and 00000045 shows bioshock hdr+aa for me.
it also seems to majorly fubar the game, I can't play full screen without major slow down and windowed is in turbo.

-update- well turbo part wasn't related, I had removed the pmtimer option while trying to find the cause of random crashes, don't know why turbo didn't kick in immediatly.

The fix does work, but some AA modes create major problems. Especially supersampling ones. They work to begin with but as soon as you move there's a hall of mirrors type effect, and it's visibly slowed down too.

Still at least it proves they not enabling built-in AA is pure lazy programming (or overly pressed deadline, whichever comes first).

Anyone know a good reference comparing all the AA modes + their performance hit? So far image quality wise I need 4x4 SS but it's heavy hit and D3D only.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 07:26 

so lets digg this too and get a that screen shot to Kotaku :D

Has there been any effort to this end? You'd think Epic would have taken note from the Bioshock blowup.

They're neglect to make hor+ the default behavior of the engine is only going to continue hurting us. Even if there's a way to make the console setting stick, it's still not 100% acceptable due to the weapon staying vert-.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 18:07 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 22:50 

temporary fix in case anyone is interested, you can use a memory cheat util such as cheat engine to find the fov, it's a float, I typically get 3 results, first is the 'fov while paused', second is the actual game fov and 3rd is 'visible objects fov'. You can freeze it once you find it, note that it'll disable zoom such as the sniper rifle. And the values are scrapped on a reload so it'll be to redo every new map. It does let you use values above 100 though.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007, 09:05 
Editors
Editors

Hi Mesh ...
Great stuff ... I wonder if there would be any chance you could expand on that with a little tutorial.

:D

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007, 11:03 

cheat engine, artmoney and other such tools are pretty much self-explanatory. If you show me how I can put screenshots in here sure I'll give it a go.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007, 15:26 

i tried both cheat engine and artmoney and i didnt find anything useful... i cant believe were doing this... a multi million dollar game that doesnt support widescreen when there have been games like half life 2 that supported it out of the box since it came out in 2004

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007, 18:26 

oh it gets better
WiC was vert- till some other and my self called them on it
when shown the issue with tripple head the lead dev didnt even know it was an issue but said it would be fixed
2 weeks later in the FIRST patch hor+

if Massive can fix it that quick it should be nothing for Epic becouse its still a beta and all right :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next