Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 17:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 07:24 

[quote]But yeah thats pretty stupid that they ripped that out.

World at War and the original Modern Warfare didn't have controller support, so they didn't really rip anything out. It was never there.

It's all just a joke pointing at personal feelings towards the games development. Anyways, I don't really feel like starting a gigantic flame-fest about that here; there's enough of those threads at Infinity Ward, Steam, and various other gaming related site.

So back on-topic!

That current patch allows for custom aspect ratios? Or is it all locked into just providing TH2G?

I was just contemplating reinstalling Operation Flashpoint 2 and while looking through the forums over at Codemasters I saw someone basically "faked" a higher FoV by using a resolution that rigged a higher resolution by providing more horizontal space. Would that be possible with the current patch? (I don't feel like hijacking the original thread since it's TH2G based :[)

OF2:RD thread about what I just said

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 09:48 

I wouldnt use any tool on the MP. Banned for life doesnt sound good.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 17:15 

Does this fix work for 1 single screen on 16:10?

I really DON'T understand why if there's support in the engine for changing FOV they hide it like that, it's really not a good move. IW bring back the FUC**** console!!!

I agree with the quote "the new face of PC gaming" on the ARS article.

I returned the game this afternoon and got it for *free*. I'm not buying it until they fix this FOV shit and add dedicated servers.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:53 

I returned the game this afternoon and got it for *free*. I'm not buying it until they fix this FOV shit and add dedicated servers.

I would just like to take this opportunity, to those of you attempting to subtly say that you've pirated it... not to.

It's against the rules of the forum, and is a banning offence, should an Administrator feel so inclined. And it's every members responsibility to have read the rules, so the 'I never read them' excuse doesn't wash.

I'm no moderator but paradigm is an admin, felt like you might want to be warned :?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 17:14 

Apparently someone has found a way to enable FoV fix in SP

Add this to your config.cfg (..SteamApps/Common/MW2/Players);

set developer "1"
set sv_cheats "1"
set thereisacow "1337"
bind M "cg_fov 90"

Source - TeknoGods (Also mentions SP cheats and the sort as well)

The config resets everytime you start the game though, regardless of being read-only or anything though--so they are working on a loader for the SP right now.

The same guys are also hacking and slashing the game in attempts to feed off the coop code to create independent servers, instead of relying on IW.NET; so it might be nice to keep up with them.

I have not tested this yet with sv_cheats. I do know that developer did turn on last night; then they added the sv_cheats code; I'll be right back with images.

e:/works, you have to start a new level though I do believe; the changes wouldn't take place on my current save :(

Vanilla FoV

90 FoV

Vanilla

===

Even once these guys create the loader, I don't know how comfortable I feel using it. Is it possible to create a .bat file that takes the config from a location and copies it over to /players/ then launches iw4sp? I'm not too versed in bat creation, but it sounds possible; and would make me feel a lot more comfortable.

f:/ I guess putting your "cheat" config in the root directory and creating a .bat with the following works fine...?

@echo off
copy config.cfg players
start iw4sp.exe

Then you can just create a shortcut to the BAT for when you want to play SP.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 19:42 

It Works!!! Thanks!
I made a bat file like you said too and it works perfect! Only thing is it doesn't work with saved games but I started all over again anyway, with proper FOV, and now I'm enjoying the SP campaign.

The only problem I get it's a message on the bottom left saying "Too many bsp pretess surfaces - using fallback" but it doesnt affect gameplay.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 21:26 

somebody can explain what is the "FOV" ?

i'm french and i don't understand this abbrevation...

it's a cheat for displaying in correct aspect with surround gaming no ?

you have enter 90 but how calculate this parameter ?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:39 

does this work in multiplayer?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:59 

somebody can explain what is the "FOV" ?

i'm french and i don't understand this abbrevation...

it's a cheat for displaying in correct aspect with surround gaming no ?

you have enter 90 but how calculate this parameter ?

FOV means Field Of View
http://www.google.fr/search?q=FOV+wiki

FOV if often assimilated to horizontal FOV and changing it allows to change the AR (Aspect Ratio which is in direct correlation of your screen resolution) of a game, thus correcting any discripancy

however there's also Vertical FOV and it seems here this FOV setting changes both horizontal and Vertical FOV

if you didn't understand, I can explain in french through PM (translation follows)
si tu n'as pas compris, je peux t'expliquer en français en message privé.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 00:02 

Doesn't work. As soon as you start a map the game resets the cfg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next