Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 10:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 01:40 

Doesn't work. As soon as you start a map the game resets the cfg

Same problem.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 02:35 

does this work in multiplayer?

No, this is for single-player only as it loads the maps in developer mode (hense why it will sometimes state that there's too many etc on etc, can't play file, etc etc); loads cheats, then allows for the FoV change.

Doesn't work. As soon as you start a map the game resets the cfg

Yeah, I found that out as well--but to say that it doesn't work is a lie.

The only thing to do is either a.) wait til they release the loader, or b.) restart the game on a new level.

It's some progress, not a sure-fire method; but I'll be quite honest when I say I would much rather reset my game per level than play with that nauseating default FoV.

Which I'm using that .bat file connected to a shortcut in my games folder; so it's really not that hard for me to reset the .cfg and get back in game.

E:/ Actually, I just played and started a new map and just hit my shortcut key again and it worked. I guess I never tried that; did you try that?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 04:35 

I just played and started a new map and just hit my shortcut key again and it worked. I guess I never tried that; did you try that?

For me it works on every level when you start from the beginning but not from a save game. But I played 5 missions in a row and it worked nice without having to restart the level or the game.

I bind FOV to W. This way you don't have to remember to press a specified key every time.

I also prefer to play with error messages and to deal with the level stuff rather than playing with that nauseating FOV.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 12:51 

i have understand ;)

and the method of fuc847 is like this FOV mod ?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 14:02 

i have tested the FOV modification with my steam version.

it works but display is always verticaly compressed...

i prefer the method of fuc847 wich appears mor natural.

do you have a solution to solve this problem?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 21:05 

I am finding that in CoD MW2, my best resolution is 4098x768 for 3 21.5" monitors with TH2GO. I have been playing with the tool to try different aspect ratios, but haven't been able to figure out what will give it that non-stretched appearance. Other resolutions I have have available:

3072x768 (works alright)

3840x1024 (looks the best, but leaves large black areas in between the monitors)

4320x900 (very stretched)

5040x1050 (off centered)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as far as what number I should type in with what resolution to get it to look normal!