Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 20:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: I will be waiting for
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 20:04 
Editors
Editors

I will be waiting for crossfire to work properly as with one card the game is a bit slow in eyefinity.

Anybody else have issues with trying to download the 4GB LLA file from the nexus? For me the popup window comes up and I see the download servers for a split second and then the box goes white and I can not download it. I tried both firefox and IE.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 21:47 

I will be waiting for crossfire to work properly as with one card the game is a bit slow in eyefinity.

Anybody else have issues with trying to download the 4GB LLA file from the nexus? For me the popup window comes up and I see the download servers for a split second and then the box goes white and I can not download it. I tried both firefox and IE.

Seems their website is having issues as I've been trying to DL a few other mods and half the time I get a 404. Just try refreshing a few times.

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 23:03 
Administrators
Administrators

I've hosted an older one here for those having troubles with the new one, in case you have problems long term. However, if you're after the latest one, I can't help, sorry.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 00:40 

It seems with 0.9 Hayden Fix (though I think all of them were this way) that you can not click an NPC correctly in Console. Is anyone else having this issue? I had a problem with a quest, and had to do a command on an NPC but I could not select them. I had to change to 1920x1080, fix the quest, then change back.

This is an issue I discussed a couple pages ago with another poster. I didn't switch out to get the vendor code up when I did it but I had to click all over the screen to finally get the right NPC code to show up. And by doing it my way I had to move around the vendor several times and keep opening the console command and clicked all over the screen until the right code came up. Doing it my way I also had to look up each NPC's code so I would finally know when I got the right code to come up.

Post subject: boink wrote:ViciousXUSMC
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 01:37 

[quote]I will be waiting for crossfire to work properly as with one card the game is a bit slow in eyefinity.

Seems their website is having issues as I've been trying to DL a few other mods and half the time I get a 404. Just try refreshing a few times.

I get the same thing from Nexus. However, if I just wait a little bit it eventually comes up and starts to download. Sometimes I have to let it sit for a couple minutes. if you can't get it let me know in a pm and I can send you the zipped file directly or find a server to put it on.

EDIT: I get the same thing as the OP. The 404 error I haven't had problems accessing their site.

As for the CTD's I have helped a few people where we eventually got it running without CTD's by messing with a combination of their video driver version and LAA executable version. Most people it seems to fix the problem by updating to the latest video driver and using the latest LAA fix. However I ran into an issue with a friend of mine on Fri night where we updated to the latest catalyst driver but had to revert to the Nov 21st LAA fix to get it working. I know it was related to the 11.7 catalyst drivers because we reverted back and it started crashing again with the same LAA file. However it was still crashing with the newest LAA file. So it was definitely a combination issue. If playing with these doesn't work right away I'd also disable any mods your running while trying to resolve the issue.

Edit: One more thing about CTD's and Crossfire. I have a Crossfire system with two 6950's and even though I know they "fixed" it I was just having too many wierd issues and CTD's and my framerate was fine with one card so I disabled the 2nd card completely by pulling it out of the machine and I haven't had any CTD's since. I know it sucks to not be able to take advantage of both the cards but it might save people a lot of headache by at least trying the game with one card to see if that solves the CTD problem. If you have an earlier card than the 6900 series cards I don't know the framerate may suck bad enough to not be playable. I usually get 60fps with the one card with the low being in the mid 30's in places like Whiterun.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 01:40 

[quote]It seems with 0.9 Hayden Fix (though I think all of them were this way) that you can not click an NPC correctly in Console. Is anyone else having this issue? I had a problem with a quest, and had to do a command on an NPC but I could not select them. I had to change to 1920x1080, fix the quest, then change back.

This is an issue I discussed a couple pages ago with another poster. I didn't switch out to get the vendor code up when I did it but I had to click all over the screen to finally get the right NPC code to show up. And by doing it my way I had to move around the vendor several times and keep opening the console command and clicked all over the screen until the right code came up. Doing it my way I also had to look up each NPC's code so I would finally know when I got the right code to come up.
if you already know the NPC's ID, I found you can type 'prid [id]' in the console to make that the selected NPC.

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

Post subject: boink wrote:Exodus
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 01:43 

[quote][quote]It seems with 0.9 Hayden Fix (though I think all of them were this way) that you can not click an NPC correctly in Console. Is anyone else having this issue? I had a problem with a quest, and had to do a command on an NPC but I could not select them. I had to change to 1920x1080, fix the quest, then change back.

if you already know the NPC's ID, I found you can type 'prid [id]' in the console to make that the selected NPC.

Awesome! Thanks Boink that will help a lot!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 09:44 

EDIT: Well I think you hit the nail on the head. I just tested it and when I click on Saadia in Whiteholm it comes up with a few different ID's and none of them are hers. So.... I don't know why i can't ever get hers up but at least I know what's going on now. I can click on the same spot on her and it brings up like 3 or 5 different ID's. Maybe if I go back and click on the ugly innkeeper a few times Saadia's will come up. Haha!

Thanks much for the input, I just got her's up just by clicking randomly around the screen. You just saved me a lot of frustration!. :) I'm glad I don't have to do this a lot because it would get tiresome having to lookup up everyones codes all day long. Although it was kinda funny when I realized I changed the innkeeper into an assassin.

..Just center the character/item you WANT in the middle the left screen, but click in the middle of the middle screen. Some how the console interface is active in the middle but the 'world' it sees is on the left. Uhg.. :/

Any way, great fun.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 21:36 

I have been in Vegas (on business) for a week and just got back and wanted to play some SKYRIM. I of couse got the forced update and then Hayden's ,4 patch did not work for me, got CTDitis. I came here, got the .9 patch, I still had CTD so I revirified at Steam and then could get in. I now have distorted graphics, like I am streatched out to fill my monitors. I deleted the pref ini file and then got the new one when I loaded. I reset my resolution but I still get the stretched graphics. Alsomy WASD movements are strange but that could be an inusion due to the distorted graphics.
I am using auto detect resolution in the . patch as recommended. If I uncheck it I see that it shows GUI Width of 1920. I tried unchecking auto detect and changing the resolution to 5760 but then when I start the game I get the title screen but no menu.
I am running at 5760 X 1200 (three 1920 X 1200 monitors) . When I lasy player I was using the .4 patch and the earlier SKYRIM version and all was great.
I am not running the 4Gb memory mod as it corrupted my gane when I tried it some weeks ago.
Any Ides?

(On the donation issuent in $50 and I will commit to adding $5 for every new patch that is necessary and that I get from this site)

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

Post subject: Baer wrote:I now have
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 21:43 
Editors
Editors

I now have distorted graphics, like I am streatched out to fill my monitors. I deleted the pref ini file and then got the new one when I loaded. I reset my resolution but I still get the stretched graphics.

Try this .ini file, place it at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 302  Next