Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 20:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 11:54 

Hello,

I am currently having an issue trying to get my game of Skyrim into multi-monitor wide screen. The main problem I am finding is even when I change the .ini file to 5760x1080 the game stays in the center screen with no alteration. The monitor connected to the second card does not even receive a connection at all and goes into power save mode. I am fairly new to the whole multi-monitor scene so I could be missing a simple step so pardon my newbness if that is the case. I have also attempted to use haydens menu fix to see if anything happens but all it does is what it was designed for, change the menu. I also saw somewhere that the .ini file could be in different spots so this is the one that I have been editing: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrimSkyrimPrefs

System Specs:
-OP: Windows 7, 64 bit
-GPU: 2 sli Geforce 550 ti
-GPU Driver: 290.36 (beta) and 285.62 (problem occurred in both versions)
-CPU: Intel i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHz

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 15:18 
Editors
Editors

I also saw somewhere that the .ini file could be in different spots so this is the one that I have been editing: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrimSkyrimPrefs

Hey, welcome to WSGF, try the attached SkyrimPrefs.ini, its set to 5760x1080, unzip it at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim.

Attached files SkyrimPrefs5760_1080.zip (1.6 KB)

Post subject: New Catalyst's (11.12)
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 21:14 

New Catalyst's (11.12) available on AMD's site. Don't see any reference to any Skyrim fixes though.

Edit: Appears that 12.1 "Preview" drivers are available as well and AMD is suggesting all Gamers use those.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 01:39 

Thanks Meatball, would be very interested in anyone testing Crossfire performance with these new drivers.

I7 930 @ 3.36ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | 6gb DDR3 | Corsair H80 Cooler | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case | 2x VTX3D 6970 2gb X-Edition | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 3x Samsung S24A450BW 24" LED Monitors | Corsair HX-850 PSU | Saphire Active DP

Post subject: Are the maps working for
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 02:50 

Are the maps working for anyone else? Mine were working perfect for 2 days and then something happened where they are all jacked up again. Not sure if it was the patch or not...I thought they were working after the patch though...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 05:33 

[quote][quote]I can't seem to get HaYDeN's .9 fix and the 1.4LAA fix to work together.
Both of them work fine when run separately, .9 works, .3 before it was great, and then the 1.4 LAA fix works by itself, but when I try and run both... it crashes.

I'm running 3 monitors @ 5760x1080 off of a Sapphire 6950 2GB, with 8GB RAM, and a Core 2 Quad. On 1 monitor (1920x1080) at Ultra, while not running either patch, I get about 45-60 minutes of gameplay before CTD. Generally event triggered (ie. loading screen/fast travel, or attempting to take a screenshot). When running in eyefinity, it drops down to 10-15 minutes before CTD. When running in only 1 monitor, I've monitored RAM and CPU load, and it seems to crash after attempting to use more than 2GB of RAM (split roughly evenly between system and video RAM), hence my desire to use both patches...

Given that other people seem to be running HaYDeN's fix with the 4GB LAA Patch, I assume that I'm doing something wrong... any suggestions?

Edit: Also, I thought it would go without saying, but decided to add it just in case. HaYDeN's fix isn't outputting any errors. Standard 'Waiting... Found.. opened... injected... allocating... etc' messages. No output from the LAA patch. Even when run from command line.
I am running a very similar setup to you (same exact video card), but I am running an older 4GB LAA patch with no issues. I have uploaded it for you to try: (link removed)

Same deal as the others. Unzip the LAA patch into a directory somewhere. Start Hayden's 0.9 patch, click Inject patch. Start skyrim4gb.exe in the LAA patch folder and all should work. I found that on the very odd occasion, the game would not take the patch on load and your menu options would be on the right hand screen. I would close Skyrim, click Inject Patch again, and restart Skyrim via the 4GB LAA patch again and all is well. This is very rare but has happened maybe 3 times.

let me know if going back to Aussie's version helped you. I have a friend who has a similar configuration who was having a similar problem and we rolled back to the Nov 21st version of the LAA Patch and it seems to have fixed it. I'm curious though, what Catalyst drivers are you using? We upadate his Catalyst drivers to 11.11 as well, so I'm nto really sure which of the two fixed his problem but he doesn't seem to be crashing anymore. He has the Sapphire 6950 as well. I am running similar configurations as both of you but am running XFX 6950. One more thing. How much system memory do you have?

Haven't had a chance to try out the fix yet, but I am officially done with finals for the year!

Exodus, I have 8GB of System RAM and 2GB of Video RAM.

Now time to go and test out this patch and see how immersed I can get!
PS. Many thanks AussieTimmeh!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 05:35 

Thanks, That seemed to be the issue.

I am having some strange stretching on my side monitors though, plus everything seems a lot closer than they really are on them. I have noticed this on some other games but not this bad. is that a simple FOV tweak of something more?

Post subject: Updated
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 06:10 

Broke down and finally connected to Steam and updated. Now I CTD every time I get an achievement.
Not looking for version 11 or a fix, just voicing continued frustration with this whole experience. Looks amazing while working, though.
Also, does the v.9 fix interfere with the console commands? I have a few that jsut won't work, and I've re-installed and tried a few 'fixes' and a few commands just won't work. I target the desired object, etc and no bueno

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 06:30 

LAA + HaYDeN's .9 patches are still not working for me. Found a 'log' file from the 4gb patch in my 'documents/my games/skyrim' folder that was entirely unhelpful.

Also, I was running 11.12 when it wasn't working (I hadn't tried LAA on 11.11). Updated to 12.1 Preview, same issues of not working.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 08:03 

Broke down and finally connected to Steam and updated. Now I CTD every time I get an achievement.
Not looking for version 11 or a fix, just voicing continued frustration with this whole experience. Looks amazing while working, though.
Also, does the v.9 fix interfere with the console commands? I have a few that jsut won't work, and I've re-installed and tried a few 'fixes' and a few commands just won't work. I target the desired object, etc and no bueno

If you are talking about console commands you are trying to use on NPC's there is a known issue where clicking on the target doesn't bring up the correct targets ID code. There are a few workarounds in the few pages before this but make sure that you are gettting the target ID that you actually want to be using the console command on. Other than that I dont' think any console commands are broken that I know of with .9.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 302  Next