Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Need help with eyeinity?
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 23:57 

So I have my eyefinity group set up, and I have adjusted the bezel and I have been able to successfully run skyrim at proper bezel compensation at 5884x1080 on a triple monitor setup... I currently have crossfire hd 6950s and am enjoying the game with haydens 9.0 patch which works wonderfully for me... I just have one issue I need to fix... Everything on my center monitor is scaled correctly it seems and everything looks like it is supposed to, no stretching or awkward aspect ratio... However, on my two side monitors, things look stretched out a bit and I don't know if it is an aspect ratio problem or what it is... I just know that on the side monitors things look stretched out, and the depth of field seems to get skewed. For instance, a bridge that look like it is atleast a foot ball field away on my center monitor, when I turn to have it in my side view on one of my side monitors, it stretches that area and the bridge looks not only really big and stretched, but it looks like it is like 5 feet away. So my side monitors seem to be stretching the images and messing with my depth of field.

Is this normal with eyefinity? Is this an aspect ratio problem? Did I possibly set up the eyefinity group incorrectly on my desktop? I am running 3 1920x1080 monitors, all are exactly the same brand and model. I have the skyrim ini set to h/w as the same as my bezel corrected desktop size, and I am running it fullscreen using the 4gb address awareness patch on 1.12... If anyone could help me I appreciate it

I have seen YouTube videos of eyefinity, and none of their side monitors look stretched at all, it all looks like a beautiful landscape of properly scaled gaming. However I can't seem to get that same effect. In my skyrim ini I have ulastaspectratio:0, at the moment and I have haydens patch fov world:86 fov hands:91

ANYONE who could help me resolve this would make my night and week. Thank you guys so much..

Post subject: @thales100set AA to 2x
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:16 

@thales100

set AA to 2x problem solved immediately... brilliant!!! Thank you....

so i guess over AA is the cause of the problem?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:30 

@thales100

set AA to 2x problem solved immediately... brilliant!!! Thank you....

so i guess over AA is the cause of the problem?

The cause of the problem is your 560 cards don't have the VRAM to handle AA in surround. 1GB just isn't enough for AA. Not a problem, just set your driver to 16x AI and FXAA- you will not mind having AA disabled, game looks real nice with all those pixels and all the other goodies turned up. AA is not a problem itself, the 3GB versions of the 580 do well with it. Run Precision or the utility of choice, and you can see the impact on VRAM use with AA.

Post subject: fortismilites
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:31 

[quote]Hello all, I've been playing a non-updated version of Skyrim along with HELIFAX's fix, because I cannot seem to get HAYDENS fixes to work for me. I've already tried to resolve my problem via this forum a few weeks back, because Haydens fix at that time (and also the new/current version) would make the game crash upon start up. I'm able to run his fix, inject it, but upon starting skyrim THE FIX shows that the games process is found, the game start to load for about one second, then immediately crashes to desktop. I'm running the AMD 11.11c drivers for my Radeon 6990, also, I'm using the 4gb loader, I have tried turning off UAC, and running all things as ADMIN as well.

The game works great with Helifaxs fix, but some of the map problems are limiting, and because I'm still using the first version of Skyrim I'm having key bind problems (can't use FAVORITES no matter what I do). I heard that got fixed (maybe) in the later version/s of the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same things happens to me , I have a ATI 5870 running the 11.11c drivers and I have tried with and without a 4gb loader and All versions of skyrim with all versions of Haydens fix, all CTD upon start with the fix reading it as the process exited successfully. I was able to run Helifax's fix and skyrim version 1.0 and 1.1 but I haven't been able to play skyrim after that (I disabled the windows 7 back up to save HD space, really regretting that now)

Some other system specs: 4 gigs of Ram, I7 quad-core processor @ 2.66 5.1 audio system (set it to Stereo to see if that was the issue and no dice still CTD on Skyrim start) 500 GB HD 7200 RPM, Resolution is 5870x1080 No bezel compensation set. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. If I missed anything let me know.

The fix claims that it exited successfully after CTD happens for me as well. Also, this same thing was happening for me even prior to updating to the 11.11c driver (just throwing that in there in case someone was wondering).

WHAT THE **BLEEP** COULD BE CAUSING THIS!?!?!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:52 

i see... thank you for the explanation...

do you think a pair of 1.5GB or a pair of 2GB 560 cards would make any *significant* different? My cards are still new and I can still return and exchange without problem... should I even bother?

Post subject: warp not..
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 01:55 

]-[iya guys..

First a note on the "warping".. its normal. Yer not suposed to "look" at the side screens. Periferal vision sorts it out just fine. Something about our "eyes' being little domes and not flat lens's.

Second, '1080 (or 16:9)screens with bezel comp' ON adds even more 'warping'. A good chunk skinier and wider. Pushin 6ooo x 1o8o. Close to 6 to 1.

I am running, and a few others here, are running the '12oo screens (1920x12oo). These are taller and taking some of the 'skiny' out of it. I also have the monitors 'under-lapped, so there is only ONE border between. I am not using bezel comp'. I figure its like upping the rez'. I also went to pains to arrange the outputs so I didn't have to shuffle the screen order in display proporties. ..because if -I- had to do it ,,sure as snot the -vid-card- has to do it too every single frame. (poor buggers)

Single monitors have warp too, just -alot- less. Watch a corner while you swing the veiw back and forth slowly

Next, I have 2x 5870's. More importanty 1gig'rs with 3 screens. AA wants to eat another 3screens worth, AT LEAST. One 5870 on Ultra with some AA on a single monitor would run fine, nice in fact. That eats alot of vid'mem. =texture thrashing. And ya just know thats got to slow things.

So I run Crossfire, no AA, no Bezel comp', default monitor layout, ATI 12.1, no LAA, no FXAA, Steam in ofline mode ..etc. Lots of "little" things add up.
Leaves me room for "self shadow" on the trees and rox and a new night sky with a nebula from NASA. Its the little things that count.

An old hero of mine wrote "If yer lookin for 100hp or losing 100 lbs ..don't. Look for 100 ways to get 1. Prefferably both."

...and my system's just rockin! (see the rest of my sustem stats on the side)
<--- over there and up a bit. Nudge; some of you guts need to fill yours in. :)

Somebody posted a link for the UI tweek, I think I am going to have go at that as long as it doesn't require 1.2+, that is.

class; dismissed.. heh.

EDIT; man was I slow, 4 post came out while I was writing.. (sigh)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 02:44 

i see... thank you for the explanation...

do you think a pair of 1.5GB or a pair of 2GB 560 cards would make any *significant* different? My cards are still new and I can still return and exchange without problem... should I even bother?

I'm sure, but at *significant* cost.. heh.

I do regret not getting the 2gig'rs, but only a little. The cost differance was huge and I only need the extra NOW, and I've had these along time. uh, since new. :)

I've never been a big fan of AA. Back when the choice as 640x480/AA and 1280x1024.. 1280 wins.

The ailised lines got real small.. who cares! (Quake2)

Now we have 640 vs 640/AA.. its not realy a choice. Wait. there is those 256o x 16oo.. ut oh. :)

Well, 4 times the current 1920's they are not. 640 vs 1280 it was.

My thoughts; 1.5g would work like 1g with AA ..and 2g would be close to "crank'er 'til she chokes, then back it out a 'tad". 8)
(gurgle)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 07:15 

wait wait.. so you are saying it is pointless to get 1.5GB.. and even 2GB wont cut it?

i am running BF3 in low with three screens... fps is about 60-70... that's the best i can do... for skyrim, i am running at about 50fps... was hoping a 2GB will get some better result...

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 07:53 

Okay, have a new issue that turned up as of late, I'm getting very imbalanced loads in my tri sli setup using hayden's fix 0.9 and the 4g enabler 1.4 version so I have ease for my various .dlls. During 1.1 I had no issues with sli and skyrim using a 4gb enabled Tesv.exe, frame rates was damn good with my settings hovering over 50+ in the open world with the usual slowdowns in the town but now I'm lucky if I can manage 20 with max load my middle card while the other 2 are lucky if they break 40% usage. I've tried adding the exe for the 4gb to the profile but it doesn't seem to do a thing. Any insight on how I can solve this till Bethesda gets off their ass and release their own Laa executable would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 08:37 

wait wait.. so you are saying it is pointless to get 1.5GB.. and even 2GB wont cut it?

i am running BF3 in low with three screens... fps is about 60-70... that's the best i can do... for skyrim, i am running at about 50fps... was hoping a 2GB will get some better result...

Not quite what I said. On 1g's you kinda need to go easy. Simplest is no AA, then you tweek up the detail until it slows. Then back it down.

1.5 and up the detail a little more and add some AA. 2g go for broke.

Triplets @ 19'x12' eats about 1/3 of 1g just to turn the screens on. (dbl check my math guys?) 3 HD screens about 1/4, maybe a little less. So with an extra 1/2 gig you have rom for some AA and maybe some more detail.

Wait, look at it another way. Take 1 screen on 1 gig, max out everything. Hows that run? Compare to 3 on 2gig? Not quite the same, unless you had some room left over from the 1 on 1. Then you might squeek it into 2gig with 3. To realy match 1 on 1 you'd need 3 on 3. ..eeckS!

Hopefuly you have enough Ghz on the CPU to push it. Notice I said Ghz. Skyrin doesn't do threads real great. Bethesda said its optimized for dual. So it would max out about 50/70% on a quad.. Any guys got some other numbers out there?

BTW, that "inventory mod" installed manualy worked fine for me. Font is maybe a tad small but ya get a long list. Tab's are sideways. I was gettin use to the verticals. (shrug)

@yukie.. did you turn up the details or add something to the point yer getting texture thrasing? Or other apps' runnin and into v'mem, or (fingers crossed) both? Just guessin here.
or.. the slots all 16x speed or 8x? A -little- texture thrashin would hurt alot more on 8x slots.

Sort out what you changed and go back. or turn something down and see if it bouces back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 302  Next