Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 21:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 20:49 

Just wanted to thanks you guys for the widescreen and 4gb mods put in about 2 hours of game play and no crashing and achievements are working with the mods.. Was about to uninstall this game before finding these fixes, great work the game is now playable and fun!!!

Post subject: thales100 wrote:Matutin
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 22:09 

[quote]Win7 64bit

K, install the x86 Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes and report back - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5555 .

THALES100, is this only specific to Matutin's problem, or could it be a possibility for the rest of us who are trying to use HAYDENS fix but get immediate Crash to Desktop WITHOUT error messages?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 22:27 

No help. Have a newer version already installed (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable).

Goddamiit! I've found the solution. My Cloud AntiVir judged the .exe as a threat and inhibited the execution of the file. Who would have thought that after such a cryptic error message?

THX FOR THE HELP ANYWAY! I know that the 20 bucks I donated were a good investment!

Post subject: @Matutin: Thas nice.
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 23:01 
Editors
Editors

@Matutin: Thas nice. :onethumb

[quote][quote]Win7 64bit

K, install the x86 Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes and report back - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5555 .

THALES100, is this only specific to Matutin's problem, or could it be a possibility for the rest of us who are trying to use HAYDENS fix but get immediate Crash to Desktop WITHOUT error messages?

No, you may try to install x86 C++ Runtimes, and also check any AV software too, btw Skyrim is immediately crashing only when you run HaYDeN's fix ?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 23:28 

sorry, i am new to the video card scene... that's why I trying to figure out the GPU vs VRAM issue...

so now you make it almost sounds like VRAM would help with FPS in the case of multi-monitors (which make sense)... but how about the GPU power... wouldn't a 570 be able to much push pixels much more efficient even with only 1GB? or the 570 1GB will have the same problem as a 560ti 1GB?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 00:03 

is it a known problem for the map markers to be all messed up for HaYDeN's solution? Thanks.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 01:48 

@Matutin: Thas nice. :onethumb

[quote][quote][quote]Win7 64bit

No, you may try to install x86 C++ Runtimes, and also check any AV software too, btw Skyrim is immediately crashing only when you run HaYDeN's fix ?

I have tried the anti-virus avenue already, even went as far as uninstalling it altogether (I'm using AVG Free), and yes it is ONLY crashing after I inject the patch.

here's what it states after I inject it, then run the game:
+ Searching for RUNNING Skyrim Process...
+ Skyrim process found...
+ Process opened successfully!
# Image: c:program files (x86)steamsteamappscommonskyrimTESV.exe.4gb
# Version: 1.1.21.0
+ Version Support Detected!
+ Executing ASM injection...
+ Allocating additional memory to process...
+ Generating Function 1 (Wrote 64 Bytes)...
+ Generating Function 2 (Wrote 10 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Positioning (Wrote 6 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Handler (Wrote 5 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Sensitivity (Wrote 17 Bytes)...
+ Patching Overscaling (Wrote 4 Bytes)...
+ Patching completed, Leave running until you exit Skyrim.
+ Skyrim thread exited... we're done!

It all looks good, but like I said, screen goes black as if it's loading then immediately crashes to desktop as if there was no problem, and when I run the game with the same method without using HAYDENS Fix, it works fine (I've been using Helifaxs fix along with non-updated skyrim). Thoughts?

EDIT: all above mentioned things are still true, but I tried to install "the x86 Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes", and upon installation I got this error.
see photo

Attached files

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 07:02 

RAGE_Saint
That is realy odd, as MS would "know what's newest". Language would not matter but x64/x32 and XP or Win7 would. ..or corupt system files.

Something else could have modified your runtime libraries.

Note; x64 systems have both x64 and x86(32b) runtimes.

So verfiy the basics, OS, language and x86/x64.
If you did get the right version then run ScanDisk on yer OS drive.

One other possibility if yer recovering from a virus/trojan smash up then something small is still twisted in the OS. As an example I did not have user:"Everyone" (with full access) in my "temp" folder. So nothing would instal. (don't bother looking for Everyone as that user is not actualy viewable)

User/User/Admin mix up maybe. More than one user?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 11:05 
Editors
Editors

sorry, i am new to the video card scene... that's why I trying to figure out the GPU vs VRAM issue...

so now you make it almost sounds like VRAM would help with FPS in the case of multi-monitors (which make sense)... but how about the GPU power... wouldn't a 570 be able to much push pixels much more efficient even with only 1GB? or the 570 1GB will have the same problem as a 560ti 1GB?

VRAM and GPU power should be linked, imagine a GTX 580 with 512mb of VRAM, its a waste of GPU power, as much as a GTX 560 with 3Gb of VRAM is a waste of VRAM.
Im running 3 x GTX 480, thats a lot of GPU power, and the 1.5Gb of VRAM wont limit Skyrim on ultra settings, in 3D Surround.

is it a known problem for the map markers to be all messed up for HaYDeN's solution? Thanks.

Im also getting broken map markers occasionally (Skyrim v1.3 + HaYDeN's fix v0.9), ill try to contact HaYDeN tonight.

I have tried the anti-virus avenue already, even went as far as uninstalling it altogether (I'm using AVG Free), and yes it is ONLY crashing after I inject the patch. ...

EDIT: all above mentioned things are still true, but I tried to install "the x86 Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes", and upon installation I got this error.
see photo

Are you running W7 ? Like ChainMale said, its weird since having a newer version shouldnt be considered a "blocking issue" by an online installer that should be the newest version. Maybe you could try to uninstall C++ 2010 x86 from your PC and then install back using the provided microsoft link ? You could also update game to v1.3 and try HaYDeN's fix v0.9 (make a full backup of skyrim folder v1.0 if you want).

Post subject: thales100 wrote:super12
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 11:55 

Are you running W7 ? Like ChainMale said, its weird since having a newer version shouldnt be considered a "blocking issue" by an online installer that should be the newest version. Maybe you could try to uninstall C++ 2010 x86 from your PC and then install back using the provided microsoft link ? You could also update game to v1.3 and try HaYDeN's fix v0.9 (make a full backup of skyrim folder v1.0 if you want).

um.. The CheckDisk scan first. Then uninstall.

I'm just worried the uninstall would make a bigger mess with a messed up file system. It's still a bit of a stretch. Something quirky going on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 302  Next