Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 21:47 

sorry for taking so long to re-reply...

well the Vert- with UniWS does what i posted the screenshots up there... they cut part of the interface... which basically makes the game unplayable... its still better to play strech than to be missing part of the game interface...

as for Farcry 2 and the new PoP... well AT LEAST they do support widescreen resolution... whatever they do with it... Vert- / Horiz+ etc... i dont really care... at least it has native support! :)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 11:08 

thanks for the help , i appreciate it, but uniws needs a file called dlords.exe , which i dont have? whats the prob?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 18:33 

thanks for the help , i appreciate it, but uniws needs a file called dlords.exe , which i dont have? whats the prob?

first it's not necessary to talk with whole sentence in bold...
I feel like you're trying to shoot at us or something and it serves no purpose since bold is used for putting emphasis on a specific element within a text...

second, not at all!
uniws is like its name implies UNIversalWideScreen so for several games
take a good thorough look at its window you should find the ability to choose a game

and if you still didn't find it, take several good thorough looks at it ;)

good luck :)

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2009, 09:24 

[quote]thanks for the help , i appreciate it, but uniws needs a file called dlords.exe , which i dont have? whats the prob?

first it's not necessary to talk with whole sentence in bold...
I feel like you're trying to shoot at us or something and it serves no purpose since bold is used for putting emphasis on a specific element within a text...

second, not at all!
uniws is like its name implies UNIversalWideScreen so for several games
take a good thorough look at its window you should find the ability to choose a game

and if you still didn't find it, take several good thorough looks at it ;)

good luck :)
first , its pretty common to write in bold where i come from lol .
2nd thnx , i ddnt notice the game bar up , it worked just fine .
thanks everyone for the help

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 03:20 

Hi,

I have discovered a way to fix the interface cut off problem.

After applying UniWS with the widescreen res (1680x1050 in my case), simply edit the "Hardware.ini" file so that CanStretchRect=0. Save the file as READ-ONLY! Done.

16:10 CanStretchRect=1

16:10 CanStretchRect=0

4:3 CanStretchRect=1

4:3 CanStretchRect=0

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 23:32 

Just a heads up: but I just got a 1920x1080 monitor and I thought I'd have another go at Warrior Within. So I installed it from the CD and followed the suggestions:

1) downloaded UniWS - CHECK
2) Run it an pointed at the install dir with the original EXE, won't patch as expected - CHECK
3) Obtained a No-CD exe, placed in the install dir, now UniWS allows me to Patch with a New Resolution - CHECK

HOWEVER, the game would only allow me to patch resolutions up to 1280 width - above that, the new resolution wouldn't appear in the settings slider.

Turns out that I had to DELETE the 1280,1024,32 bit from the Resolutions line in the hardware.ini file and add 1920,1080,32 in it's place! Simply adding the later at the end of the resolutions did not work.

So, in case you can't get the resolution you want, make sure that - on top of patching - you sub one of the resolutions on that INI file for the one you want.

Post subject: Hello, I just installed
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 18:28 

Hello, I just installed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time, I patched UNIWS, and I cut the screen when I play, my resolution is 1400x900.

I have seen that the solution is to modify the Hardware.ini, however, can not find that file, there is no WW in SOT or a file named Hardware.ini in the installation folder.

What should I do to not cut my screen? Thank you very much.