Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 17:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 03:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to get this to work properly on a surround setup. It will display at my resolution just fine but none of the modifications I've tried have worked. The menu is unusable when the game starts up and I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen. I have to navigate it with my keyboard to get anywhere. Once I get in game the interface is fine but the other characters look like dwarves. I've edited fovx, fovxinterface, fovyuwmax, pvmodelfov, and pvmodelaspect. So far none of these have made any real changes to the game, even with extreme settings. Is there something I'm missing?

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 07:02 

First off, just to re-iterate: the mod was not created with Surround/Eyefinity support in mind. The fact that it works to any degree at all is a (pleasant) surprise. I know Eyefinity is mentioned on the main page of this site, but the mod doesn't officially support it. Perhaps in the next version I can try and improve multi-monitor support.

Second, the pvmodelfov and pvmodelaspect commands are unnecessary. They were not used in the mod at all. Frankly, they could be considered useless for the purpose of implementing widescreen.

It's possible that the reason your changes are not sticking, is because you are not running the game with Administrator privileges in Vista/7. You might need to right click the Tron 2.0 shortcut, go to the Compatibility tab, and put a checkmark in the "Run this program as an administrator" box.

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 07:02 
Insiders
Insiders

First off, just to re-iterate: the mod was not created with Surround/Eyefinity support in mind. The fact that it works to any degree at all is a (pleasant) surprise. I know Eyefinity is mentioned on the main page of this site, but the mod doesn't officially support it. Perhaps in the next version I can try and improve multi-monitor support.

Second, the pvmodelfov and pvmodelaspect commands are unnecessary. They were not used in the mod at all. Frankly, they could be considered useless for the purpose of implementing widescreen.

It's possible that the reason your changes are not sticking, is because you are not running the game with Administrator privileges in Vista/7. You might need to right click the Tron 2.0 shortcut, go to the Compatibility tab, and put a checkmark in the "Run this program as an administrator" box.

Haha, you're probably right. I'm a Linux guy so I hate running things as root unless it's necessary. I just switched from Project64 1.7 to 1.6 and threw it in the Program Files folder. But I have to run the program as administrator for it to modify any of the save files, despite me adding full control to user, admin, and everyone else on the list. Turning off read-only justs causes it to turn back on again. It's a nightmare! Windows 7 broke so many things. But admittedly, it fixed many others.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 12:42 
Editors
Editors

Wow guys this game just caused a big flashback for me.

I never played tron 2.0 but it looks very similar to a game I played with my brother when we were kids. All I can remember is a big open 3d arena where were were bouncing around on different trampoline like platforms throwing like Frisbee or something at one another trying to frag the other player.

Anybody know what game that was? It seems similar to this game, maybe it was the prequel? I actually think it was a mod for another game though, like counter strike or half life or something.

But I really want to play that game now :D

PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 17:09 

Anybody know what game that was? It seems similar to this game, maybe it was the prequel? I actually think it was a mod for another game though, like counter strike or half life or something.

That probably would be Dronez going by the description you gave.

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 01:14 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Anybody know what game that was? It seems similar to this game, maybe it was the prequel? I actually think it was a mod for another game though, like counter strike or half life or something.

That probably would be Dronez going by the description you gave.

Why does this look like it's from KNiGHTS into Dreams?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2010, 00:57 

So what is the news on NOLF being able to be played at 1920x1080?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 18:39 

Well almost a year later. Did anyone ever make a mod to be able to play NOLF in widescreen?