Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 11:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 12:09 

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we can increase the Field of View, does it? Even if i choose for my monitor (16:10) a ratio of of 16:14, all i'get is a horizontally squeezed image.

What about the fix from the original post? Is it just a config value? Or is it a mod? Could i do it for myself with a bit of scripting? Hayden, are you still reading this thread? Please help! I would like to play Witcher 2, but i simply can't with the default settings.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 00:51 

Bumping this thread because hell yes it would be great to not have to choose between Surround no ubersampling and single monitor with ubersampling if I could just see more in single monitor mode.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 05:25 

OK, now i'm getting it (after waiting for months now) - how idiotic - apparently this FOV mod is implemented in a tool named Flawless Widescreen. The sad thing is, the website is down and i can't find the latest version. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 17:12 

So is there a way to change the FOV?
I'm holding back The Witcher 2 until someone fix the FOV, as for now playing on a 16:10 monitor is atrocious.

Post subject: Yes, finally played The
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 06:07 

Yes, finally played The Witcher 2 - turns out, with the right FOV the gameplay is terrific - absolutely great game. The workaround is a bit of a PITA, but it works.

You need to have the game patched to 1.2 (newer versions don't work) and you need Flawless WideScreen 1.06 (newer versions don't have the FOV option anymore - go figure...). You need patience too, because reloading a save when the game is already started crashes to desktop every time. Some saves even don't load at all, so you have to disable the FOV a couple of times just to load your save and progress a bit. Like i said, PITA, but i could not enjoy the game otherwise. Stupid developers, they never learn...

If you don't want to forego patch 2.0 and you own a 16:10 monitor like me (it's the pro format), you have another option (wich is worse, but could be acceptable for some people). I learned it the hard way a week ago when i tried for a second time to play Dead Space with this absolutely ridiculous binocular field of view the game has. It is so much zoomed in, that your whole perception of the perspective distorts and you have to go 1.5 meters away from the monitor to not get seasick. My solution was to switch to 16:9 (it's a HOR+ game), and bingo - i had quite i bit more horizontal field of view, and could finally see the great environments i'm playing in. Now the game was playable on a big monitor.

That's all the help i can give. I wish i would have gotten similar advice when i needed it. Enjoy your games now with a better (or even proper) field of view, like it should be on a big PC screen.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 19:39 

Yes, a FOV fix would be a great! This is the first thing I noticed while playing, and it was making me sick.

Seems both the Flawless Widescreen site and tool are down so I'm unable to play the game in anything higher than 16:9 even editing the settings directly. I can up the res to whatever but black-boxing ensues. Any ideas? Maybe there's a version of the tool hosted somewhere?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 19:39 

Yes, a FOV fix would be a great! This is the first thing I noticed while playing, and it was making me sick.

Seems both the Flawless Widescreen site and tool are down so I'm unable to play the game in anything higher than 16:9 even editing the settings directly. I can up the res to whatever but black-boxing ensues. Any ideas? Maybe there's a version of the tool hosted somewhere?

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 00:43 

Alright, what's it going to take to get an FOV fix for the current version of the game? I'll donate if I have to, I just want to finally be able to play after having the game since it was first released.

Please make this happen.

Thanks