Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:37 

What baffles me the most is the fact that you can change your key binds but the keys don't change within menu's.
Considering i play with EDSF basically all keys moved to the right..How have they not done this correctly?

Not a game breaker but come on!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:38 
Editors
Editors

Ive uploaded the trainer by helifax to the WSGF FTP, you can download it from here, its far from being a perfect solution but its the best we have by now, please keep checking WSGF for improved solutions.
You can also check the game's Detailed Report, featuring all information about its widescreen and multi-monitor support, updated solutions, comparison screenshots, etc..., here.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:52 

I've been fighting with this game since it unlocked, both with the crash to desktop issue.... and with weird glitches and such.

Although i run in a Portrait mode solution with 3x 27" Asus VE278Q monitors (1920x1080) giving me a desktop resolution of 3240x1920. Which is between the 16:9 and 16:10 ratio which should mean the game shouldn't give a single hitch..... alas it apparently isn't at all true...

First off..... i found the crash to desktop was mostly caused by Fraps.... don't ask me why or how.. but attempting to take screenshots using fraps would frequently LEAD to an exit to desktop glitch every single time. Even just leaving fraps running in the background would rarely allow me to play for more than say 5-10 minutes before crashing...

Additionally, using anything above 48khz audio sample for default windows audio sampling would result in numerous skyrim effects, mostly dialogue to come across as a low volume squelching, but it's random, and very irritating..... this wasn't causing a crash to desktop for me though at least....

And if your wondering why i'm using fraps.. it's because skyrim doesn't appear to like high resolutions for screenshots, Asking how do i mean... here i'll kinda list things out a bit.

The one ANNOYING thing since i first started up the game was right around where the subtitles are located RIGHT from the moment you click "new game" i get this text that says "LEVEL UP"..... you can't click on it, and it never goes away and it makes reading subtites impossible as it's on almost the same line if the subtitles are long...

Additionally, Crossfire is a so-so thing...... using the alt+Ctrl+Del solution to trigger it to work (do the alt+crtl+del and then hit the escape key) solves it.. but it's a bit annoying to have to do it..

So to clarify the above things... let me post a few screenshots showing it all..

First off, I cannot select a resolution for skyrim at all, period.... if i clicked windowed mode i can select a "standard" resolution, below that of 1920x1080... but otherwise.... blank. Starting the game results in a crash due to no resolution being set... i fixed this with the manual resolution INI solution which i'm familare with well before anything... that was easy.

so here you can see my settings...... used.... and then after which i apply the 3240x1920 resolution to the ini...

NOW, here is what crossfire works like when i first run skyrim BEFORE the crossfire fix...

(Keep in mind that the drop in gpu activity is due to exiting out of skyrim)

As you can see.... one of the GPUs isn't doing a thing.. totally sleeping/shut down/idling

doing the fix produces this result.

IF you exit and startup skyrim after you've already ran it and done the crossfire fix.... both GPUS will remain active, but at about 50% power... producing the same performance results similare to a single GPU... so doing the crossfire fix again fixes it.

Here is what i run into when i try and use the ingame print screen feature..... as you can see below.... totally useless.....

Attempting to use fraps to take screenshots produced rather unpredictable and well always a crash to desktop.. but sometimes i could squeeze fraps to at least create one or 2 screenshots .....

HOWEVER this image clearly sows whati mean by the "LEVEL UP" issue i'm having... it just doesn't WANT to go away.. i can't get rid of it.... and it appears that it only effects me when i run anything over 1920x1080 or standard resolution. I tried deleting all the INI files and forcing a complete reset, as well as full intagrity checks... no dice... it's just really really strange.

heres a full resolution image that i was able to get before further tweaking skyrim... http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9616/frapsedscreenshot2.jpg

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:56 

ok so I am getting a different thing. I run the game from steam and it says game will be ran in High. and I get into game and it looks like this.. all zoomed in and stuff.

My first post here, Greetings all,
I am having the exact same issue as above. The game installed quickly and when I first started it it filled all three monitors without my having to reset the pref.ini file. In fact when I looked at the file it was already set for my resolution which is 5760 X 1200. When the game loads not only do I have the menu issue but the picture is greatly distorted and zoomed in, highly distorted in the hor like one monitor of data is streached out across all three.
I am running 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI surround with the latest NV Beta driver. The distortion as well as the menu mess make this game unplayable and I have not even started to work on the mouse issues as yet. I would have payed twice as much for a semi bug free game but this is worthless.
Any ideas on the Hor streatched picture to start?

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:58 

I've decompiled some of the interface .swf files.

Here's what I know:

• Most of the interface elements are positioned by calling the "Lock" method on the different MovieClips within each interface

• The "Lock" method is defined in __Packages.Shared.GlobalFunc, inside the SetLockFunction method

• The placements of each element are determined by Top-Right, Bottom-Left, etc. Each of these locations are defined based on the Stage's dimensions for the .swf movie itself

• Given the last point, it either means we'll have to define the dimensions of the .swf file from inside the game itself, OR someone with the correct resources can try to edit and recompile the interface's .swf files after redefining the SetLockFunction method to use arbitrary dimensions.

TLDR: Don't bother playing with the .swf files unless you have experience recompiling them. It's not the cause (but could potentially be hacked to fix things).

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 00:58 

I'm looking much forward to some kind of fix for this as well :) But I'm not in a hurry since crossfire kills my performance atm anyway, so I'm only running it on a single 6970 right now (Almost doubled my fps compared to trifire). I think I rather wait for AMD/Bethesda to fix this before going triplescreen so I can match the performance better.

But many kudos to you guys for spending your time on this! I'm keeping an eye on this thread ;)

What baffles me the most is the fact that you can change your key binds but the keys don't change within menu's.
Considering i play with EDSF basically all keys moved to the right..How have they not done this correctly?

Not a game breaker but come on!

Brother! :D I also always use the EDSF-keys, ever since the glorious days of Quake. It's very confusing that Skyrim still hints on default-keys whenever some help-dialog pops up. You simply have to figure out the correct keys yourself and memorize them :P Shouldn't take long to learn, but it's indeed quite frustrating.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:08 

First off..... i found the crash to desktop was mostly caused by Fraps.... don't ask me why or how.. but attempting to take screenshots using fraps would frequently LEAD to an exit to desktop glitch every single time. Even just leaving fraps running in the background would rarely allow me to play for more than say 5-10 minutes before crashing...

Strange. I tried to do screenshots via Steams own Screenshot Functionality and it immediately crashed. Then loaded up FRAPS and I could make Screenshots without any problems (http://www.falcon2045.com/photos?g2_itemId=7951)

Post subject: Casiotone wrote:I've
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Here's what I know:

• Most of the interface elements are positioned by calling the "Lock" method on the different MovieClips within each interface

• The "Lock" method is defined in __Packages.Shared.GlobalFunc, inside the SetLockFunction method

• The placements of each element are determined by Top-Right, Bottom-Left, etc. Each of these locations are defined based on the Stage's dimensions for the .swf movie itself

• Given the last point, it either means we'll have to define the dimensions of the .swf file from inside the game itself, OR someone with the correct resources can try to edit and recompile the interface's .swf files after redefining the SetLockFunction method to use arbitrary dimensions.

TLDR: Don't bother playing with the .swf files unless you have experience recompiling them. It's not the cause (but could potentially be hacked to fix things).

I have modified the swf file that I believe is responsible for the menus:) by the look of the content. now something very interesting is that the scene size is 1280x720 which give a locked 1.77..8 aspect ratio. I don't believe we can change this aspect ratio from withing the game's memory.

Now the only problem I am having is recreating the damn BAS file....... I am not a fallout3 etc modder so I am having trouble here. Anyone can tell me how to do this?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Casiotone wrote:I've
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:10 

Here's what I know:

I'm going to attempt to rebuild one of the swfs in a bit... the only other problem I see is that the BSA will override it, as don't yet have a way to package the files back up into a working mod.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:13 
Editors
Editors

My first post here, Greetings all,
I am having the exact same issue as above. ...
Any ideas on the Hor streatched picture to start?

Hey Baer, welcome to WSGF, try my .ini file, it runs great here, its set to 5760x1200, if it doesnt work i would suggest to reinstall Nvdia drivers, btw im running beta 285.79.

(link removed)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 302  Next