Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 18:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: alphadogg wrote:Still
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 04:41 

Still confused as to why this can't be opensourced?

still a bit upset that I was hold hostage for more than a month...

Post subject: Held Hostage?
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 05:09 

No offense intended just an observation:

Everyone who contributes to this effort does so because they want to. They take time out of their own lives to give us the opportunity to experience games in a better way.

My thanks goes out to anyone who is willing to participate and facilitate a better gaming experience.

While I am awaiting an update with all of you I by no means expect, nor demand, such from anyone.

If you have issues, gripes, or wishes for features to be added to a game please, by all means, relentlessly pursue such requests with the Game Producers. The only way they will make these types of features defaults to such titles as Skyrim is if we, the gamers and purchasers, do so.

Again my thanks goes out to helifax, HaYDeN, as well as the countless others for adding functionality and playability for all of us to enjoy.

Zen

Post subject: Open sourced?Just create
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 06:25 

Open sourced?

Just create your own fix. If you don't know how then be very thankful someone else is

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 11:53 

[quote]I keep checking back here every day in hopes that there will be some news on a new HaYDen fix. I will also donate for a new one.

HaYDeN will release a new version of his flawlessws tool in the next few days, including a Skyrim plugin, i have tested the app in my system, running Nvidia Surround (HaYDeN runs an eyefinity setup).

Registered just to say thank you for this. Extremely Appreciated. Finally got all the mods done to Skyrim I wanted working perfectly and was just waiting on this.

Post subject: zen001 wrote:No offense
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 20:29 

No offense intended just an observation:

Everyone who contributes to this effort does so because they want to. They take time out of their own lives to give us the opportunity to experience games in a better way.

My thanks goes out to anyone who is willing to participate and facilitate a better gaming experience.

While I am awaiting an update with all of you I by no means expect, nor demand, such from anyone.

If you have issues, gripes, or wishes for features to be added to a game please, by all means, relentlessly pursue such requests with the Game Producers. The only way they will make these types of features defaults to such titles as Skyrim is if we, the gamers and purchasers, do so.

Again my thanks goes out to helifax, HaYDeN, as well as the countless others for adding functionality and playability for all of us to enjoy.

Zen

Very well said. I absolutly agree. I am looking forward to the new fix. I have also been posting in the Bethesda forums about the lack of native wide screen support in SKYRIM, Anyway, well said Zen.

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 20:47 

Speaking of mods, Alexander Blade released an R5 of Skyboost for the 1.4 gen Skyrim, I haven't tried it yet (needs me mah HaYDeN fix! ;) ) but people are once again reporting nice gains from his continued work on code optimizations :)
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1349813-skyboost-topic-10/

Between this, what the Nvidia 295.73 are reportedly gaining and proper ultra-wide support I could have my weekend laid out for sure :)

ED: Also wanted to add that from what I'm reading the Skyboost mod is also dabbling in GPU optimizations now too, neat and very excited to try that out :)

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 21:52 

[quote]No offense intended just an observation:

Zen

Very well said. I absolutly agree. I am looking forward to the new fix. I have also been posting in the Bethesda forums about the lack of native wide screen support in SKYRIM, Anyway, well said Zen.
Allow me to 'third' that! I too agree to what Zen said.
Also, as with Baer, I have been giving my input on this issue over at the Beth forums. (Prefix 'UK' to my tag.)
Helifax, I'm sure your fix for this issue is great. I in no way mean to demean you though when I express my preference for the Hayden fix. You guys working to help us all out with any fix for Skyrim or other games should be saluted!

Post subject: Imagine if all the FOSS
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 01:13 

Imagine if all the FOSS project participants thought that way.

Look, I too appreciate Hayden's work, so it would be a boon for him to show us all how it's done so that we could participate in an inclusive manner or educate ourselves or many other reasons, rather than sit by the sidelines. I actually *want* to be active, but I suspect I may not have his expertise. He seems to have found a really good way to work with Skyrim and make it do what it needs to do.

I just don't understand why people think I am an ingrate or something for asking to help and then start getting all whiteknight-y.

Post subject: @alphadogg
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 03:49 

@alphadogg - Truth is, the minute anyone reads text and perceive something said as negative they want to put on their super suit and come save the day. Granted, there are some ungrateful scumbags that want to piss and moan about this, that, and the other thing; but in general, the whole of the internet is entirely too sensitive. Everyone wants to take offence or be captain save-a-hoe. Usually one does it and ten more want to 2nd his comment and pat him on the back. They like to gang up like some kinda internet Power Rangers. It wasn't always like that. Back in my day men were men and sensitivity drew scorn and mockery! Anywho....

C'mon HaYDeN! I'm almost ready to perform sexual favors for an update to your fix.

Post subject: Quote:Open sourced?Just
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 10:26 

Open sourced?

Just create your own fix. If you don't know how then be very thankful someone else is

I've got mad respect for the work the Hayden and Helifax have put into to giving us the gaming experience we should've got from the company itself; and I am certain there is a good reason why they've chosen to keep their work private, but that attitude is just BS. If they want to keep the work they do for themselves, that's fine.. they are putting a ton [I'm sure] of their own time into it, and we as gamers owe them countless hours of awesome gaming (that I for one wouldn't have without them.. I just can't bring myself to play skyrim on one screen), but outright saying just do it yourself or be grateful? Must be nice way up on that pedestal of yours; I take it you've never once in your life used what someone else figured out before you, to accomplish something (android, custom kernals, linux, wordpress, anything you've ever been taught!)

People are asking because [for the most part] they honestly want to help; not to be a$$#o73$ with the "if you can't I will attitude" Isn't that what this whole community (and oh so many like it, hackforums, xda, etc) are about anyway?

If we knew how to fix this, or had the time to devote to learning, we wouldn't be here given such high praise and support to these guys for their hard work. No need to be a dick; be constructive or go post with the other /b/ros on 4chan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 302  Next