Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 12:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: API conflict error
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 19:45 

Tried using Old WideScreenfixer to work-around the API issue, but using that my menus completely dissappeared. Tabbing blurs the screen but no menus are visible... Has anyone had that issue?

Thanks in advance

AMD QuadCore Black 3.2gHz x4

Win7 Ult x64, 8GB Ram

Eyefinity 27'' x3 @ 5790 x 1080

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 19:54 

Helifax, woops, I think I used r311, not 312... I will try that later today..... thanks

AMD QuadCore Black 3.2gHz x4

Win7 Ult x64, 8GB Ram

Eyefinity 27'' x3 @ 5790 x 1080

Post subject: Shut down
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 21:10 

Hi guys,

Seems we have an answer from Bethesda on the wide screen gaming issue!

In a recently opened thread about WSG a mod posted this: 'Use this topic please.' and linked to here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1340144-eyefinitysurround-ui-issues-merged-similar-topics/. The link also got locked.

Then the mod locked the linked (merged) topic having pointed at it - see: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1340144-eyefinitysurround-ui-issues-merged-similar-topics/page__st__60.

Note that in answer to a user post saying 'I tried to start another thread just to get their attention. They locked it as I was expecting them to do. It would be nice if someone from the team would just give us an answer. ' the moderator replied;

'It would be even nicer if you posted in the correct thread as linked last time and not restart closed topics.'

Obviously, this mod thinks it is OK to treat Bethesda customer queries or complaints as petty and the multi monitor issue as trivial. This is apparent in the actions of this mod.

EDIT: Seems pointless to me to post about the WSG again over at the Beth forums - Any chance of WSGF contacting Beth directly?

If this is the official line from Bethesda - it stinks - we can kiss any hope of an official fix goodbye. :(

So, thanks Bethesda - way to treat your customers and loose at least one in respect to future purchases.

NEW EDIT: Yet another mod has got involved and closed another WSG thread with the post;
'The suggestion that people spam the forums with new threads rather than keeping the discussion in a central location is not appreciated.

You're welcome to voice your support in the existing thread, but please be more considerate of the forum rules. '
WHAT AN INCONSIDERATE IDIOT! We cannot reply to the existing thread as those guys have locked it. No wonder we are not getting an official fix with fantastic thinking and attitudes like those shown by those mods. It makes ya wanna scream at Beth - 'learn something about customer relations!'

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 21:10 

^it honestly doesnt look like he meant to close that second thread.
the first one links to it and he says "post here"

being a mod (elsewhere), ive done this before, you have a bunch of dupe threads and just get confused.
a pm to him saying "my bad i shouldnt have made that second thread and wont make a dupe again, you said i could post in xxx, but then you closed it, can you please open it back up" might do the trick.

of course since you posted in the thread "i made another thread to get their attention and they locked it as i suspected".. you might have pi**ed him off.
in which case he might not reopen it..

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 22:07 

Flood this guy's email. He is the UI designer for Skyrim: [[Redacted by Site Founder, Ibrin]]

Founder/EIC Note: If you find an official email address for someone, you are welcome to post it. However, it is impolite and improper to post what appears to be his personal email - it was a hotmail account after all.

Post subject: ugzz wrote:^it honestly
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 22:07 

^it honestly doesnt look like he meant to close that second thread.

being a mod (elsewhere), ive done this before, you have a bunch of dupe threads and just get confused.
a pm to him saying "my bad i shouldnt have made that second thread and wont make a dupe again, you said i could post in xxx, but then you closed it, can you please open it back up" might do the trick.

of course since you posted in the thread "i made another thread to get their attention and they locked it as i suspected".. you might have pi**ed him off.

Have done - without reply or result. I'm just seething at this attitude these mods seem to have.

EDIT: Was not my thread BTW! :) 3 threads over at Beth central now locked and though this may be accidental, it looks very bad. Will be interesting to see how my request to reopen the (merged) thread goes. I am more than willing to admit I was wrong!

It appears I may have been a bit rash. After editing my pm to one of the mods involved, it seems the matter is being looked into. The mod asked my to contact another mod (shift rotation it looks like) and if the issue is not resolved then the mod I have been in contact with will get back to it ASAP.

I just hope it is my rashness as apposed to the seemingly bad attitude of the other two mods!

Post subject: H8Cr1me wrote:Flood this
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 23:14 

Flood this guy's email. He is the UI designer for Skyrim: [[Redacted by Site Founder, Ibrin]]

Founder/EIC Note: If you find an official email address for someone, you are welcome to post it. However, it is impolite and improper to post what appears to be his personal email - it was a hotmail account after all.

My response has been sent...a very professional letter....now who's the next name on the list?

Post subject: NightWatch wrote:ugzz
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2012, 23:26 

[quote]^it honestly doesnt look like he meant to close that second thread.

Have done - without reply or result. I'm just seething at this attitude these mods seem to have.

EDIT: Was not my thread BTW! :) 3 threads over at Beth central now locked and though this may be accidental, it looks very bad. Will be interesting to see how my request to reopen the (merged) thread goes. I am more than willing to admit I was wrong!

It appears I may have been a bit rash. After editing my pm to one of the mods involved, it seems the matter is being looked into. The mod asked my to contact another mod (shift rotation it looks like) and if the issue is not resolved then the mod I have been in contact with will get back to it ASAP.

I just hope it is my rashness as apposed to the seemingly bad attitude of the other two mods!

Right then, time for an update!

Yes I was rash.

Yes the thread has been unlocked (with a pm'd apology!)

And, yes, it is frustrating as heck still not having an official answer from Bethesda. :(

Any who, gonna keep the game play on one monitor for ease while using CK. :)

Post subject: H8Cr1me wrote:Flood this
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2012, 00:31 

I sent him an email too. Anyone have the official email address for feedback at Bethesda for this game?

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2012, 01:37 

[quote][quote]^it honestly doesnt look like he meant to close that second thread.

Right then, time for an update!

Yes I was rash.

Yes the thread has been unlocked (with a pm'd apology!)

And, yes, it is frustrating as heck still not having an official answer from Bethesda. :(

Any who, gonna keep the game play on one monitor for ease while using CK. :)

I would rather eat poo than play this game on 1 screen besides the helifax fix is great for now. HD textures and mods maxed 3 screens is amazing. 7970 oced AMD ftw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 302  Next