Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:49 

Hello Everyone,

Just had to make an account to come by and say thank you for your fix, your time and a "finally" playable game. I have the few minor imperfections others have stated but, what this fix did for the game was make it playable. I COULD NOT play this game without it (in surround). The menus were so zoomed in they couldn't be read, among other issues.

HaYDeN, helifax, dopefish, Thank You for your time and support. Job very well done. ;)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 00:54 

TESV is fully loaded... now in CT you have a small 2 options:

Writable and Executable. Not all of the memory regions are marked as writable (some are Read-Only). The same for Executable. You should enable in CT the correct option when you do a search to see all the memory regions that are allocated by a program. Be advised that the same memory locations can also be used by other applications (like nvidia/amd drivers for example)
;))
Hope this sheds some light;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax this helps a lot! I will stop taking up posting space with my learning curve on this thread but I definitely have a greater understanding about all this from my orignal post.

Dopefish,

That is a great attitude and as long as you guys are around I think we'll all be all right. :)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 01:43 

my setup is 3 x 1440x900

if I unselect, auto-detect resolution, Uncorrected Resolution changes to 5760 x 1080 BUT bezel compensated remains correct for me.

However if i leave it unchecked, with correct settings, when skyrim opens i get random problems, once it came up bethesda on all 3 screens, once it came up with bethesda on the left, it is not auto-enabling either, i am still having to press the hotkey, and the menu and loading screens are all squished still but everything else is fine. yes i have checked to make sure i have the new plugin, and widescreenfixer update as well.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

Post subject: dopefish wrote:I added
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 01:52 

I added helifax's fix to SVN and cleaned up a few things.

Download the new version (r394) from the Widescreen Fixer website. The newest Skyrim plugin is included so don't overwrite it with the files found in posts older than this one.

here is what i was missing!!!

Game page is written like the version posted there is the newest with auto-detect. but wasnt.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

Post subject: ugzz wrote:onthemour
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 02:05 

[quote]Why are ppl still contacting Bethesda? They have officially said that 3 screen is not supported nor will they start to support it! You paid for the game to work on one screen not for 3. If you want it to work on 3 then you have to support the modding comunnity and Helifax, Dopefish and Hayden are doing just that.

Even if you gave Bethesda thousands of dollars they wouldn't support it.

:doh

this might be the worse attitude ive ever heard of ever in my life.
its like a getting a chefs hair in your soup and not complaining and just eating it anyway.

if everyone who was on this forum all complained directly to them, while they might not jump to support it, they might consider it in the futore for upcoming titles.
video game companies like to make money and if everyone says they can't deal with non-multi support maybe they will realize that means thousands of people will be unhappy, thats enough to put a dent in their income.

sure complaining doesnt give instant results, and in the end may do nothing anyway, but its ALWAYS WORTH DOING. Thats what customer service / support exist for, to hear complaints and help. even if they do nothing im sure they at least log the complaint to some extent.

Oh my gosh...Amen, AMEN!! Some people simply don't like to go against the grain. If we are told to shut-up, sit in the corner and eat our porridge, like a good little consumer, then what good are our voices? I could careless what the product is made for (1 Monitor)...It's flippin Bethesda sitting over there with the Game of Year in their laps?? Act appropriate and address the problem or at least listen to the consumers.

....It blows my mind that <1% of WSGamers get this argument? If it wasn't for Hayden & Helifax, for coming to the rescue, then 3/4 of those <1% (I guarantee) would be singing a different tune. Shame.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 02:09 

works like a charm for me on the latest versions...thanks guys...you'll be remembered when we talk about "playing skyrim back then"

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 02:35 

Hi Helifax,

Wondering if you can help me understand why it's not working.

Previously Haydens fix worked on the old versions - that is if I untick automatic and put in the resolution of my center screen 2560 which is all I had to do.

So my setup, the reason it's different to others is:
1. I use SoftTH, my SoftTH resolution is 5160x1600 (real res is 4960x1600, but added some pixels for bezels).
2. I use PLP, 1200x1600, 2560x1600, 1200x1600
3. Skyrim script extender to launch my game.

The settings I've tried:
1. Automatic - activates but menu is on right side still, offset 86
(all below are with 3 display count because 1 does nothing)
2. Many many combinations of manual settings, they usually end up with the menu off screen and I can't see it.

Any ideas?

Does anyone else have it working with PLP?

Also anyone know if Hayden is still planning to update his fixer?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 02:49 

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Consumer of the WSFixer and having problems with Skyrim. I have the new WSF dated 3-5-12 and when I start the game and go into the options, it does not show anything beyond 1920 x 1080 resolution. Please provide me instructions on what I need to do. Appreciate your patience with my noobness but have been using Eyefinity and WSF and never had an issue about about choosing resolutions up to 5760 x 1080. Thanks in advanced!

i7 2600K @ 4.74Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 | Diamond 5870 1GB @ 900/1200 @ 5760x1080 Eyefinity | 300GB Velociraptor / 3.5TB Data HDD's | Tt ToughPower 850 watt | Tt Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case / Tt Big Water 760 Plus

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 05:18 

New plugin is working fairly well for me. Im having a problem when return back to desktop after playing Skyrim though, where the top 1/3 portion of open windows seems to freeze. Open windows need to be maximised and restored after playing in order to fix. No big deal, but thought I would pass on feedback.

Im using 3x30, 7680x1600, no bezel correction, widscreen fixer 3.1 r394 with skyrim plugin from that version (latest).

Cheers.

Post subject: TRusselo wrote:dopefish
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 05:26 

[quote]I added helifax's fix to SVN and cleaned up a few things.

Download the new version (r394) from the Widescreen Fixer website. The newest Skyrim plugin is included so don't overwrite it with the files found in posts older than this one.

here is what i was missing!!!

Game page is written like the version posted there is the newest with auto-detect. but wasnt.

I've downlaoded r394 from the fixer website and left the plugins alone. However whenever I run the game it runs everytime on 3 independent screens. Not sure why this is occuring. My skyrimprefs file is correct and set to read only and I've tried r394 on both auto-detect and manual settings. The plugin auto-enablling is working fine though. If I use the r386 version with Helifax's 1.4.27.0.4 without the improvements added the game runs fine. I don't mind using the previous versions but I'm not sure why it won't run correctly with their latest fixes.

Exo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 302  Next