Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: tricky..
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 19:37 

GregR..

This is real tricky to explain..
Basicaly the console only "sees one screen" so center your target on you LEFT screen but CLICK CENTER screen.
Kinda like virtual targeting. Center the chest/character/item on screen 1. Then aim-click on screen 2. To double check ..click either side of the taget and watch ID # change.

I mentioned this before, about 100 (or so) messages back. Dunno "how" that msg' though.

I mention "centering" to get you started but with practice you could hit any item anywhere on screen 1 ..virtualy on screen 2.

..another way to explain it.
Center 3 characters, one on each monitor. You see your console pointer hit char' on center screen BUT it hits char' on left.

8)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 05:44 

Don't think I've seen this one, but after playing with Helifax's solution for a while, it's crashing. Hangs, then makes all three of my monitors go out, then in a minute it BSOD's. Doesn't do it so frequently that it's unplayable, but no one likes the regular Blue Screen event...

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 08:51 

GregR..

This is real tricky to explain..
Basicaly the console only "sees one screen" so center your target on you LEFT screen but CLICK CENTER screen.
Kinda like virtual targeting. Center the chest/character/item on screen 1. Then aim-click on screen 2. To double check ..click either side of the taget and watch ID # change.

I mentioned this before, about 100 (or so) messages back. Dunno "how" that msg' though.

I mention "centering" to get you started but with practice you could hit any item anywhere on screen 1 ..virtualy on screen 2.

..another way to explain it.
Center 3 characters, one on each monitor. You see your console pointer hit char' on center screen BUT it hits char' on left.

8)

That worked, thank you so much for the post. :cheers

Post subject: Okay, I thought it was a
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 23:07 

Okay, I thought it was a fluke at first but now it's a recurring issue. I am using 1.5.24.0.5 (non-steam) version of Skyrim and helifax's fix for said version. When I first start up the computer and start the game with the fix it works just as described without issue. BUT, when I close the game & the fix and start them up again later I get issues. The HUD is on the far right monitor as soon as the game loads, it will go onto the center display if I enter and exit the map, but it's still pushed to the right by 115 pixels. I've tried manual settings, but it just keeps doing this until I restart the computer. At first, I didn't think the fix was terminating correctly, but I made sure the process was not in task manager before starting it again and then starting Skyrim which still gives me the issue. By the way, the fix does not conflict with a RivaTuner overlay when it is functioning normally, it just moves it to the left edge of the center monitor instead of the left edge of the left monitor where it usually is. So I've kept my RivaTuner overlay in the screenshots to show the offset better as it SHOULD be close to the left edge of the center or left monitor at any given time when the fix is behaving normally.

When Skyrim is first started:

After map is opened and closed:

It's like everything is behaving as if normal, but it's just shoved over to the right by one monitor. The issue where you say HUD winds up on the left monitor when exiting the map in this case is putting it in the center instead because it's off to the right by one monitor.

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. The fix is not starting fast enough. I set the delay to 5 seconds and it stopped doing it. Still posting this in case anyone else encounters this.

Post subject: vernacular wrote:Still
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 01:05 
Administrators
Administrators

Still posting this in case anyone else encounters this.

Thanks mate, appreciate you taking the time to do so!

Post subject: Patch 1.5
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 09:06 

I have the most up to date version of Skyrim, and I have downloaded the batch file to replace the current file for the widescreen fixer. Now I can change my resolution manually to the desired one through the txt alteration. But upon running the widescreen fixer, it crashes my game. I have tried every one of the different second delaying options, and a large combination of automatic to manual resolution settings. I am running at 5760x1080 and 6048x1080 with bezel compensation. Is there another trick to get my menus to be at an adequate size so i can actually read the text? Or am I doing something wrong on the whole process. If someone could lend me a hand, it would be most welcome.

Post subject: hayden's fix
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 00:21 

Hey, has anyone out there been in contact w/ Hayden? It's been a while since I've heard anything from/about him - wondering if he had an ETA for his fix program yet? Thanks all..

Post subject: No luck with Helifax Fix
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 19:33 

Hi all,

I'm returning to playing Skyrim after a break.

I have used Skyrim in one screen for testing while toying with the CK but not actually played the game for a while.

As I am returning to play the game, I thought I'd check if Hayden Fix had been updated as I had been using that previously.

Seeing that the Hayden fix is not up to date, I tried the Helifax Fix. Sadly, I cannot get that fix to work properly.

At first, I tried just using the Widescreen Fixer with the Helifax plugin but all that happened was CTD each time I launched Skyrim - no menu screen and CTD was occurring on the end of the delay timer (I timed it).

So, after a restart, I checked my TESV version and found it to be 1.5.26.0. I swapped this for my (backup) TESV 1.5.24.0 in the hope that this would be compatible with the plugin. My hopes turned out to be for nought as I get various results in Skyrim with Widescreen Fixer using the Helifax Plugin.

I have no mods other than the two HiRess packs from Bethesda in operation and have tried many variations of the Widescreen fixer / Helifax fix but nothing works satisfactorily.

The various results include (Game Starts each attemp);

Sometimes - No start menu - cannot proceed
Sometimes - Menu looks stretched vertically - can proceed
Sometimes - Get from menu to game via 'load screen'
Sometimes - Cannot get into game / CTD
Sometimes - Get to game and menus are great but reticle and message boxes (open door etc) is on left monitor - not centre
And a recurring instance that can happen at anytime during loading or exiting game - I loose all audio on PC!

I have tried many variations of the settings on the Widescreen Fixer (all with Skyrim as chosen game) and have tried with Skyrim settings on default, Ultra and lowered. And I restart the PC before each new attempt. Still no luck. :(

I do not particularly want to revert to a TESV version compatible with the Hayden fix (though I do have back ups) as I would much prefer to use the current or closest to current version of the game.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do except play in one screen and that is kind of a downer. :(

So, suggest away! I'm open to ideas if you guys have any that may help. :)

(Basic system stats in sig.)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 21:25 

Helifax solution still not working.

After many attempts to get the solution working, I wrote of the issue here. I guess it was just down to timing that a few minutes after posting, Widescreen Fixer updated - including latest Helifax plugin.

The update did nothing to help and seemed to bring up a new issue - in game menus appear in game and are gone in a flash! (Example - hit 'Esc' and menu flashes on then immediately off screen).

So, it's back to one screen. :(

Edit:

Another thing, sometimes when I close the Widescreen fixer then try to relaunch there is a message saying another version of fixer is running - I go to task manager and find the the 'process' is still very much active.

The question comes to mind: Is the issue with the plugin or with the Widescreen Fixer?

Discuss!

Post subject: You may try ->
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 21:29 
Insiders
Insiders

You may try -> http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/gaming/mods-tweaks-tools-tutorials/21393/flawless-widescreen

Note: After testing some people have reporting they have had to alt-tab a couple of times after detecting the map byte, so you may try that if it doesn't work immediately, once this process has been completed you shouldn't have to do it again, adds more complexity but makes the map work properly.

Skills menu is fixed too.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 302  Next