Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 19:41 

helifax wrote:

Hey,

I will update the Skyrim Plugin for Widescreen Fixer later today:) keep you posted:)

Best regards,
Helifax

Awesome thank you!!!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 17:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Signia wrote:
helifax wrote:

Hey,

I will update the Skyrim Plugin for Widescreen Fixer later today:) keep you posted:)

Best regards,
Helifax

Awesome thank you!!!

Sorry for the wait:) Here it is. Updated for 1.9.xx to work as before. Simply put the plugin in the Plugins folder of WideScreenFixer and run it.

It will work as before. I will push it so it will automatically come in the next release of WSF.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attachments:
Plugin.The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.rar [13.56 KiB]
Downloaded 2227 times

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 21:27 

Thanx for the update. I just now downloaded it and it's working great. :)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 23:17 

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be working for me, and not sure what I am doing wrong. Skyrim is all patched up, new plugin is in the folder (because in the setup screen it shows 1.9 as a version option).

When I run it with delay, I can see it 'kick in' because it changes the floating Skyrim imagine on the main screen. But instead of changing it to normal size on middle monitor, it sortof half way changes it and it is less squished down and in between left and middle monitor.

I alt-tabed out to see what WsF said and these were my values from the Status:
Yes
Yes
0x400000

I'm running 7680x1600 with no bezel correction. (and I did double check and that is the resolution in my skyrimprefs.ini. Any one have any thoughts?

PS: I already tried running it from both SKSE and just from the Skyrim launcher. Same result.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 16:15 
Insiders
Insiders

bkc6j wrote:
Hmm. Doesn't seem to be working for me, and not sure what I am doing wrong. Skyrim is all patched up, new plugin is in the folder (because in the setup screen it shows 1.9 as a version option).

When I run it with delay, I can see it 'kick in' because it changes the floating Skyrim imagine on the main screen. But instead of changing it to normal size on middle monitor, it sortof half way changes it and it is less squished down and in between left and middle monitor.

I alt-tabed out to see what WsF said and these were my values from the Status:
Yes
Yes
0x400000

I'm running 7680x1600 with no bezel correction. (and I did double check and that is the resolution in my skyrimprefs.ini. Any one have any thoughts?

PS: I already tried running it from both SKSE and just from the Skyrim launcher. Same result.

That is the problem. Try to setup your plugin manually, if you are using Autodetect it fails...for some reason...
But if you set it manually it should work.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 17:16 

helifax wrote:
That is the problem. Try to setup your plugin manually, if you are using Autodetect it fails...for some reason...

Best Regards,
Helifax

I've either got a weird mod doing something (not sure if that is possible), or am doing something bone-headed. But I had already tried that and it didn't work.

Just went and tried again. I have plugin configured for 3 display count. Portrait OFF. Uncorrected 7680 x 1600. Bezel-Corrected 7680 x 1600. Delay 4 seconds.

Skyrim acts just as before and when I tab out, I see the same values in WsF as before. I am assuming that last number should say 7680?

Since I don't use Bezel-Corrected, I had that value the same. But maybe that is the problem? Maybe I need to put in my bezel-corrected resolution even though Skyrimprefs.ini is configured for 7680x1600. Otherwise I am running out of ideas to try. :(

PS: I did go in and check to make sure that Skyrim was showing version 1.9.32.0.8, so I have the correct version from Steam.

EDIT: To try some other things, I have disabled all mods, and have tried without SKSE. Still get same result. Skyrim symbol is not centered, all load screens are messed up, and FOV is messed up for all inventory objects, skills menu, etc.

EDIT 2: I went ahead and configured a bezel corrected resolution, and tried to enter that in WsF and skyimpres.ini, that didn't work either.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 21:35 
Insiders
Insiders

bkc6j wrote:
helifax wrote:

Best Regards,
Helifax

I've either got a weird mod doing something (not sure if that is possible), or am doing something bone-headed. But I had already tried that and it didn't work.

Just went and tried again. I have plugin configured for 3 display count. Portrait OFF. Uncorrected 7680 x 1600. Bezel-Corrected 7680 x 1600. Delay 4 seconds.

Skyrim acts just as before and when I tab out, I see the same values in WsF as before. I am assuming that last number should say 7680?

Since I don't use Bezel-Corrected, I had that value the same. But maybe that is the problem? Maybe I need to put in my bezel-corrected resolution even though Skyrimprefs.ini is configured for 7680x1600. Otherwise I am running out of ideas to try. :(

PS: I did go in and check to make sure that Skyrim was showing version 1.9.32.0.8, so I have the correct version from Steam.

EDIT: To try some other things, I have disabled all mods, and have tried without SKSE. Still get same result. Skyrim symbol is not centered, all load screens are messed up, and FOV is messed up for all inventory objects, skills menu, etc.

EDIT 2: I went ahead and configured a bezel corrected resolution, and tried to enter that in WsF and skyimpres.ini, that didn't work either.

Something defenetly is wrong there..hmm

try to increase the delay time to around 7 seconds...also in skyrimprefs.ini you should manualy set the resolution you are running.
The mod doesn't correct the aspect ratio of the loading screens and main menu logo. it will look a bit squashed.

But the ingame should work normally: ui centered, all the menus and map fully functional. However, once you get out of the map or reading a book you need to either activate the inventory or menu (a quick ESCx2 to recenter everything.)

Let me know if that works out. The plugin is not as perfect as the one from FWS. If you used it before you will know its behaviour. It still has some minor "annyoances" that I simply didn't had had time to dig further...

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2013, 21:28 

Hi,

just wanted to let you guys know that this new plugin is working perfectly for me.
Awesome work Helifax!

I had to configure it manually though. But that's the case since I'm playing Skyrim on 3 screens.
I am Playing 5960x1080 and to get this up and running I had to set it like this:

Uncorrected Resolution: 5960x3240
Bezel-Corrected Resolution: 5960x1080

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2013, 23:18 

helifax wrote:

Something defenetly is wrong there..hmm

try to increase the delay time to around 7 seconds...also in skyrimprefs.ini you should manualy set the resolution you are running.
The mod doesn't correct the aspect ratio of the loading screens and main menu logo. it will look a bit squashed.

But the ingame should work normally: ui centered, all the menus and map fully functional. However, once you get out of the map or reading a book you need to either activate the inventory or menu (a quick ESCx2 to recenter everything.)

Let me know if that works out. The plugin is not as perfect as the one from FWS. If you used it before you will know its behaviour. It still has some minor "annyoances" that I simply didn't had had time to dig further...

So I did basically get it working. I am not sure if the few remaining things are quirks or something still not right. Probably the biggest thing for me is that when I view things in inventory, the picture of the item in the inventory is not scaled correctly (very large and you only see the bottom half as the top half is off the screen).

I think, for some reason, this might have to do with SkyUI, because during my trouble shooting I had SkyUI off for another reason and I think the images were scaled correctly then.

Either way, thanks a ton! It is playable with this and that is what counts!!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 02:21 

Thanks for keeping Skyrim updated, your efforts are much appreciated!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 302  Next