Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 16:32 
Insiders
Insiders

bkc6j wrote:
helifax wrote:

Something defenetly is wrong there..hmm

try to increase the delay time to around 7 seconds...also in skyrimprefs.ini you should manualy set the resolution you are running.
The mod doesn't correct the aspect ratio of the loading screens and main menu logo. it will look a bit squashed.

But the ingame should work normally: ui centered, all the menus and map fully functional. However, once you get out of the map or reading a book you need to either activate the inventory or menu (a quick ESCx2 to recenter everything.)

Let me know if that works out. The plugin is not as perfect as the one from FWS. If you used it before you will know its behaviour. It still has some minor "annyoances" that I simply didn't had had time to dig further...

So I did basically get it working. I am not sure if the few remaining things are quirks or something still not right. Probably the biggest thing for me is that when I view things in inventory, the picture of the item in the inventory is not scaled correctly (very large and you only see the bottom half as the top half is off the screen).

I think, for some reason, this might have to do with SkyUI, because during my trouble shooting I had SkyUI off for another reason and I think the images were scaled correctly then.

Either way, thanks a ton! It is playable with this and that is what counts!!

Hey, yes I am not using SkyUI... a while ago when I tested it it wasn't rendering the items in inventory properly... I think the mod uses different sets of instructions to scale the items..

Glad that it works and I do appologize for not offering support for the SkyUI mod.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 12:30 

BIG PROPS to Helifax for quick response and support to counter these fix-breaking curses they call patches.

Big boo to Steam (and the company that required Skyrim be exclusively Steam) for CONTINUING to have a tab with the LIE of choice to automatically update the game or not, that always switches back to "update" no matter what you choose. DAMN YOU.

I think they have cameras in my house. Every time I get away from Skyrim, as soon as I decide to get back in it, they release a fix-breaking patch right before I do.

Calling Hayden... ...FWS update for Skyrim please???

Last edited by AmeerNuub on 27 Apr 2013, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 19:32 

I have an issue here with the latest version on Steam.

All my drivers are up to date, running a HD6970.

At first it seemed ok, but when a picture shows up in any dialog box, such as lock-picking, or the item shown next to the inventory, it shows up as a bunch of vertical lines.

The same thing happens at the very first start menu, but corrects itself after about 20 seconds, but the above scenario never corrects.

I have removed all mods and have only the official HD packs, and DLC running.

I have tried setting things manually, and making sure the info is in the .ini.

Then this AM I went to try some more and now the game crashes at launch with the WSF on but not with it off.

Help?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 16:57 
Insiders
Insiders

orca9999 wrote:

At first it seemed ok, but when a picture shows up in any dialog box, such as lock-picking, or the item shown next to the inventory, it shows up as a bunch of vertical lines.

The same thing happens at the very first start menu, but corrects itself after about 20 seconds, but the above scenario never corrects.

Then this AM I went to try some more and now the game crashes at launch with the WSF on but not with it off.

Help?

Hmm.. have they pushed an update? If you can repro the problems can you make a screenshot to see exactly what you describe?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 18:17 

helifax wrote:
orca9999 wrote:

Help?

Hmm.. have they pushed an update? If you can repro the problems can you make a screenshot to see exactly what you describe?

Best Regards,
Helifax

OK, I blew away all the files on my HD relating to the game, re-downloaded and re-applied. This is on a freshly built box I built about 2 weeks ago, so it is still a clean system.

So the behavior now is that the screen on startup is readable, the skyrim icon in split between the two screens on the left, but that is nothing.

The vertical lines are gone, and everything is workable, only the locks are still zoomed, but that is playable.

The only issue I still have is that when the game is stopped and restarted, I have to restart the WSF, or it will turn off my eyefinity on the next launch and I end up with 3 screens all showing the same 1920X1080 screen. Not that big a deal; but when I close WSF normally, the GUI goes away but the process is still running, so I have to kill it from the task manager to get it to stop. *edit* One other bug, sometimes the aiming reticle and other hud elements switch to the left screen. But if I esc in and out real quick fixes that, so it is playable, but annoying.

So once I had a baseline I started adding my mods back in and it seems to happen with the SDSK/SKYui mods, Removing the SKYui alone did not clear it. It is a frustrating combo as they sit at the core of a lot of good mods. So I rinsed and repeated and I am back to the senario above.

Last edited by orca9999 on 17 Apr 2013, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 18:32 
Editors
Editors

btw Seems like development is finished!

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/movi ... adventure/

So we will get a "FInal" version soon :) no more patching!

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 15:09 
Insiders
Insiders

orca9999 wrote:
helifax wrote:
orca9999 wrote:

Help?

Best Regards,
Helifax

OK, I blew away all the files on my HD relating to the game, re-downloaded and re-applied. This is on a freshly built box I built about 2 weeks ago, so it is still a clean system.

So the behavior now is that the screen on startup is readable, the skyrim icon in split between the two screens on the left, but that is nothing.

The vertical lines are gone, and everything is workable, only the locks are still zoomed, but that is playable.

The only issue I still have is that when the game is stopped and restarted, I have to restart the WSF, or it will turn off my eyefinity on the next launch and I end up with 3 screens all showing the same 1920X1080 screen. Not that big a deal; but when I close WSF normally, the GUI goes away but the process is still running, so I have to kill it from the task manager to get it to stop. *edit* One other bug, sometimes the aiming reticle and other hud elements switch to the left screen. But if I esc in and out real quick fixes that, so it is playable, but annoying.

So once I had a baseline I started adding my mods back in and it seems to happen with the SDSK/SKYui mods, Removing the SKYui alone did not clear it. It is a frustrating combo as they sit at the core of a lot of good mods. So I rinsed and repeated and I am back to the senario above.

All the things you have mentioned are discussed in this thread and are known issues. The fact that WSF freezes on exit is something weird and I cannot replicate. It is known that SKY-UI is not supported and atm there is no plan to support it. (and probably never since I dont really like the mod) Even the plugin description says what it does and what does not:)
As from the rest I don't see anything game-breaking.

The fix implementation is rather old. Probably I will revisit it sometime in the future, but I cant give any ETA on it..

Hope this helps in any way.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2013, 10:09 

On trying Widescreen Fixer's new update for Dawnguard (1.9.32.0.8), I've run into a few hitches regarding the LOADING SCREENS and HUD. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that showcase the issue:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Helifax, as always. Your woks is always phenomenal and consistent.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2013, 22:54 
Insiders
Insiders

khanitez wrote:
On trying Widescreen Fixer's new update for Dawnguard (1.9.32.0.8), I've run into a few hitches regarding the LOADING SCREENS and HUD. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that showcase the issue:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Helifax, as always. Your woks is always phenomenal and consistent.

Hey,

The loading screen (last time I checked) is acting normal the way you see it (Is not centered and the AR is stretched)

For the 2nd problem. Sometimes that happens (the whole UI moves to the left screen). The quickest workaround is to press ESC-2 times which will re-align it. I know is not the most optimal solution and I apologize for it.
I do plan to revisit the plug-in sometimes in the future to make it better, but sadly my free time of late is very very limited.

Hope this helps you,
Helifax

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 08:14 

Do you know if Hayden will updating his fix anytime soon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 302  Next