Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2006, 20:57 

So why do object/people get fatter when they are at the edges of the screen, then get to the correct aspect ratio when you turn to face them? Is there a way to fix this? is it down FOV editing?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2006, 14:50 

Mine holds the settings fine,but if I change the gamma it reverts back to 640x480, is there a way to prevent this? Pooldoc

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2006, 15:33 
Editors
Editors

@ lettuce ...
That is normal for most games ... see post above with 4:3 screenshot proof (let alone widescreen) ... I don't know of any way to fix this in any game ... :( :shock:

Note: ...
Cabezone ... didn't come up with any proof that it is not happening in any of his games ... :?
kilmar also hasn't proved his point ... he said ...
Actually, Doom 3 and Quake 4 have the correct FoV if you edit the config file properly,
... I showed him even before he said this that this was happening with Doom 3 at 4:3 without any change to any config files ... :roll: ... and I could show you the same thing with Quake 4 ... :wink:

@ pooldoc ...
No ... the only way to prevent the game resetting the res is to not go into the Options ... Display ... as mentioned in the Solution ... :wink:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2006, 21:53 

Well, I got it working at 1680x1050 just editing the config file. I was originally trying for 1280x800 because I figured my system probably wouldn't play too nice with the maximum resolution. But I guess my computer's got problems, this isn't the first time a game has refused to run at a widescreen resolution other than 1680x1050. Maybe I need to change some driver setting. (edit: and, yeah. I just figured it out. I had to add 1280x800 as a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel. works perfectly now *slap forehead*)

Anyway, the full game actually has better support for widescreen than the demo, because the menu screens don't get cut off at the top and bottom now.

I second this. In fact, it should be made a sticky somewhere, as it is NOT obvious.
Once I had added my chosen resolution to my nVidia graphics options, all was well. Prior to that, well, head, brick walls and lots of banging...

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006, 22:06 

Anyone get 1920x1200 working at good frame rates?

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006, 23:43 
Editors
Editors

Yeah I have ... 90% over 40 FPS with everything on maximum + 2xAA ... but I have a pretty high end system ... :wink: ... FX-60 system in sig below ...

The latest Nvidia drivers have done wonders to improve frame rates.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006, 23:59 

Yeah I have ... 90% over 40 FPS with everything on maximum + 2xAA ... but I have a pretty high end system ... :wink: ... FX-60 system in sig below ...

The latest Nvidia drivers have done wonders to improve frame rates.

Yikes! That's a good setup.

I only have a Sempron (s754) @ 2.2GHz and Geforce 6800GT AGP! :o

It kills me to be not able to run at native resolution. :x :oops: