Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 14:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 22:28 

Hi,

Firstly, I read the Detailed report on the game, and set a custom resolution via these commands ~

r_customwidth "1920"
r_customheight "1080"
r_mode "-1"

Everytime i do this, the sclaing like isnt correct and on the edges of my screen i see like a 1 inch black border.. these borders occur with any other smaller resolution aswell. Also, these borders are considerably larger with smaller resolutions.

What i've tried:

The screen im using is SyncMaster P2450
The graphic card im using is ATI Radeon 5800 Series

I've tried to Scale the resolution to max at the Catalyst Control Center, im pretty sure i have the latest drivers for my graphic card. Also i've tried to mess with the screen settings, seting ratio's etc but that doesn't work either.

ps. I think the game doesnt support this resolution, but i have definitly ran it @ 1920x1080 in the past but that was like 3 years ago and i forgot how to now :(

i was thinking of somehting like this

MSTS was designed in the early 2000s and its screen output is based on a "standard" monitor view based on a 4:3 aspect ratio. These are the standard MSTS resolutions: depending on the maximum resolution of your graphics card/screen, you will see some/all of these: (all are 4:3 aspect ratio).

Does anyone know a program like this i could use?

Another thing i want to try is set this to "Maintain Aspect ratio" but it wouldn't let me, tried to toggle "Enable GPU scaling" & "Enable ITC processing", still nothing

I think the problem lies in the aspect ratio, as the game only takes 4:3, but i dont know how to set my game's ratio to 4:3

Thanks in advance.