Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Silent Hill 4 HELP
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2005, 09:29 

Does anyone know how to make silent Hill 4 Widescreen? It looks realy crappy all stretched out.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2005, 10:05 

There must b someone here who can help

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2005, 10:08 
Editors
Editors

OMG, have a little patience. Just the fact that in the half hour you waited a couple of people have seen your post, doesn't meen everyone has a sollution.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2005, 18:19 

Hi, I also have Silent Hill 4 installed on my PC. It doesn't look like that a .cfg file is created for this game after changing resolution settings, ect. Without the .cfg file to edit, it's going to be very difficult to change the resolution to something in a 16:10 ratio. I'll continue to look through the folder though to see if I can find anything.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2005, 18:49 
Editors
Editors

OMG, have a little patience. Just the fact that in the half hour you waited a couple of people have seen your post, doesn't meen everyone has a sollution.

Quoted for truth.

This place moves fast, but that's a joke. Chill out Kingj wait till everyone from different time zones to reply. :roll:

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 04:13 

Okay, I've checked every file under the Konami/Silent Hill 4 Folder, and not one pertains to a configuration file except for configuration.exe, but that's only to setup your controls for the game.

So, that means that the resolutions, aspect ratio and FOV are "hard coded" into the actual game. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on how to actually hack the Silenthill4.exe will be able to do something with it. Doubtful however as the game has so little popularity on PC that I doubt there will ever be support for wide-aspect resolutions. Looks like will have to stick with the black bars on the sides of the monitor indefinately.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 07:07 
Founder
Founder

Sorry if this seems like a "duh" response, but have you guys tried emailing the developers, or the support team for this game? I was playing around with the first Incredibles game a while back, and THQ was pretty helpful with my request. Perhaps Konami can shed some light?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 11:43 
Editors
Editors

Hm... check the dates on those two posts.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:29 am

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:05 am

There is a whole day between them, not just 35 minutes...

Although the point still holds - this forum is quick at times, but it doesn't have the hundreds of thousands of members that means a new topic is almost guaranteed a response in a few minutes. :)

Also, members won't reply if they can't either say, "I want this solution too..." or "Eureka! I have it!" It saves getting hopes up. ;)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 11:47 
Editors
Editors

Ow, sh*t, i didn't notice that at all. Sorry dude.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 11:57 

hey guys sorry bout posting so quick on the first 2 posts, am new to the bord and didnt think to give u guys time to answer. And also i just got this game and eager to start playing, cant handle playing as a short fat guy lol. But anyway i know its probably gona b hard to find a hack for this game so can anyone tell me how to play it with those bars on the side, only just got this new widescreen monitor and alto widescreen games are the best there are still some great games that u cant get in widescreen :(