Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 05:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2006, 12:52 

This fix still works, however the game is stretched. I compared screenshots and it renders the exact same screen details (not zoomed in or out).
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

I'm keeping it wide myself, the intro movie is now full screen and I don't mind the stretching much :)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006, 14:00 

This fix still works, however the game is stretched. I compared screenshots and it renders the exact same screen details (not zoomed in or out).
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

I'm keeping it wide myself, the intro movie is now full screen and I don't mind the stretching much :)
I have to disagree, after overlaying screen shots in Photoshop, I'm quite certain that game is vertically cropped, not stretched. The game interface is stretched, but not the 3D rendered stuff.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 14:29 

look at the official solution (posted after mine lol :(), it has screenshots... the circular roof on the far left and far right of the wall is clearly stretched. Also, everything at the top and bottom of the screen is visible in both shots, so there is no cropping.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3447

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 15:13 
Editors
Editors

In that link the top of the view is cut down ... :? ... and the roofs don't look stretched ... just bigger ... :?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 23:40 

The top an bottom are somewhat irrelevant - if you look at the features on the left and right of the screen, the rocks on the right and the hills on the left - they're in the exact same position relative to the edge in both screenshots. That means it's stretched.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 01:06 
Editors
Editors

No ... it means it the top is cut down ... the width is the same ... not stretched.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 01:34 

lol believe whatever you want, but the hill in the bottom left and the patch of dirt next to the small rocks on the right are clearly stretched. Try grabbing a drawing program and make circles around them.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 02:16 
Editors
Editors

Ok ... I took another look ...
In photoshop I resized the widescreen one to the same width as the 4x3 one and then pasted the 4x3 one over the top ...

The top is cut off and the view is squashed down a small amount ... it is not stretched ... it is squashed down.

Screens ...

Widescreen ... resized to the same width as the 4x3 ...

4x3 placed over the top of the widescreen one ... no stretching ... the top is cut off ...

So ... to get them to match you then need to squash the 4x3 image down a very very small amount ... like this ...

No stretching involved at all ... :wink:

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 02:27 

neh I'm still not convinced, looks to me like you corrected the stretching when you resized it :P

but is it really worth debating? ;)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 02:29 
Editors
Editors

:mrgreen: