Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 12:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2006, 07:17 

Trying to play G.R.A.W. @ 1360x786 @ 16:9 aspect ratio, but the game seems to randomly change the aspect ratio to 4:3 back to 16:9. I've done some unsuccessful searching on this. Any input would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006, 09:40 
Editors
Editors

What do you have it set to in the video options ?

If it is set to 16:9 ... try setting it to Auto ...
I have always had mine set at Auto and not had a problem.

Just a thought ... hope it helps ... :)

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2006, 05:50 

That is a weird problem. Does it switch between levels?

On a side note:

:welcome

On another side note:

GRAW is a VERY hard game. I am not new to FPS's. But this one is frustratingly hard. What does this have to do with your problem? Short answer: none. Long answer: none.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2006, 18:23 

the bug is completly random. Sometimes it takes 15-20 minutes before it switches aspect ratios, and sometimes I'll be in the game for 60 seconds and *WHAM* 4:3. It has to be G.R.A.W. because I can run other games fine in 16:9.

G.R.A.W. can be hard at times, but personally I adapt quickly since I've been playing FPS since 1995, and tactical FPS since RainbowSix. Which I think gives me some advantage over playing the console kiddies on the Xbox 360 version of G.R.A.W.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2006, 18:45 
Editors
Editors

You could try setting your renderer_settings.xml file to read only ... it might work ... :?

I'm assuming you have the latest patch ... here ... http://www.3dgamers.com/games/ghostrecon3/downloads/

Hope it helps ...

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 08:01 

That's the funny thing. I tried to set that xml file to read only hoping to temporarily fix the aspect ratio bug, but for some reason when I launch the game I get an error message saying the game cannot write to the install directory then the game crashes. Even stranger is the reason why the game needs to "alter" anything within that file after you've already configured your video settings. Thanks to Grin/Ubisoft for completly overlooking this annoying problem. I just hope they fix it soon so I can enjoy playing the game correctly on my 23" Samsung ln-s2341w. I guess the good news is all my Xbox 360 games look awesome in widescreen, and the few PC games that actually work.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 12:31 

I'm having this problem also anyone got a fix yet?