Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2008, 11:44 

Hey,

Long time reader, first time poster ;)

This is a long shot but i hope someone can help.

So i just bought this game, and i've been trying all day to get widescreen resolution (1680x1050) to work with this game. I've read about the registry tweak listed on this site, and others, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Every time i start the game it stays in 1280x1024. Then i quit and check the registry entry, and its still the edited values i put in (1680x1050). (So where is it saving these settings too if not the registry? :S) I have no idea what else to do, and i can't stand to play at this low res

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I thought I'd add what i edited in the registry in case I've done something wrong.

Display_Height: 0x0000041a (1050)
Display_Width: 0x00000690 (1680)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 21:44 
Editors
Editors

Hmmm...game works in 1440x900 for me. Have you tried that res or 1280x800?

I've got the Steam version, v1.01. Is yours retail? Different patch version? Not to sound pejorative, but are you sure your monitor supports 1680x1050?

Not sure I'll be able to help much, but I will if I can.

GeneralAdmission

and Welcome! :D

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2008, 04:51 

Seems to stick to 1280x1024 no matter what i put in.

Ive got the retail version 1.01. And yes im sure :wink: (22" syncmaster.)

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 01:24 

Not sure if Wrath is still checking the forum, but I just bought this game myself this weekend.

The registry edit works fine for me - however, if you're running Vista the "real" registry entry is not the one under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Vista has registry virtualization for older programs to make registry entries that would otherwise have global impact to instead be limited to a single user. E.g. if you had two user accounts setup on your machine, you could each have your own distinct settings in Nexus; in Windows XP you could not since the settings were stored at the machine, and not user, level.

To find the real entry search for Nexus under HKEY_CURRENT_USERVirtualStoreMACHINESOFTWARE. That's the one you want to edit.

Note to any of the WSGF mods coming across this thread. You may want to update the solution thread . The bit about Vista and the registry virtualization likely applies to any of the older games which store their settings in the registry. I'm not sure that there's one convenient place to put this info though, probably just have to update individual solution threads as people come across them.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 05:04 
Editors
Editors

Excellent work, Stevedroid. That could be the exact problem Wrath is having...I hope he sees this info. I don't (and won't) use Vista, so this didn't even occur to me.

Adding a Vista Tips section to game reports is a good idea.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 06:30 
Founder
Founder

Posted. Any chance of a DR from anyone?

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 06:49 
Editors
Editors

Posted. Any chance of a DR from anyone?

My plate is fully booked with the BFME2 mods and windowed mode list for the foreseeable future, so I won't be able to. I also have no current means to test games beyond 1440x900, so I wouldn't be able to complete a DR by myself.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2008, 00:04 

I should have time to do one next week (when I'll also be looking into KOTOR 2 modding). I'll take care of it.