Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 05:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2007, 08:22 

I am behind on some textures I was supposed to release so I had to get Oblivion all modded up again. 8) I had to tweak some things because of the widescreen and the UI so I thought this might help someone. This is simple stuff but someone might be frustrated and not even want to try and fix it so this is for you.

I play Oblivion in 1920x1200 with the MajorJim's UI mod. There are some problems.

The map bookends are not located properly and the SI map will not scroll any further south. There have been reports of players in the areas off map having the game crash when they go to the map screen so I could not let it sit as is.

The reason the SI map does not scroll properly is because it is taller than the dimensions of the original Oblivion map. The UI expands the map viewing area Hor + and has trouble displaying the needed parts of the map. So I cheaped it. :)

Go into Data/Menus/Prefabs and look for mj_ui_config.xml. Open it with a text editor and look for the section..

<_map_quest_inactive_fade> 192

<_map_world_zoom> 275

<_map_world_icon_zoom> 1.0
<_map_local_icon_zoom> 1.0

All we are going to do is change the map zoom levels. As I said, cheap. :)

For 1920x1200 I changed the icon zoom from .9 to 1.0. This increases their size a little.

I then changed the map world zoom from 175 to 275. This zooms in the map and allows us to see everything we need to see. The minimum for 1920x1200 was 260 but I wanted some extra viewing area. Note that this zooms both maps and may piss you off.

To fix the bookends I went to Data/Menus/Main/ and opened map_menu.xml with a text editor. I searched for the sections that handle the two map screens...

The first one is for the close up map the second is for the world map.

Go to the sections...

MenusMapmap_border_left.dds

MenusMapmap_border_left.dds

MenusMapmap_border_right.dds

MenusMapmap_border_right.dds

To move the right bookends over more I changed the add value from 9 to 24.

For the left I changed the X value from 51 to 66. This works for 1920x1200. You can change numbers and look at the changes to find something you like.

Now I have this..

Maybe this will help someone.