Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 16:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008, 21:14 

I have 2 widescreens. One is a 20 in that is running at 1680 by 1050 and the other is a 19 in running at its native resolution of 1440 by 900.

The problem lies whenever i open a game ( dotA aka Warcraft 3, or cod2/cod4 etc) My setup is currently in nvidia's DualView. They each have separate resolutions etc. Whenever i open a game, part of the 1st moniter goes onto the 2nd moniter. So i cant watch movies, look at things, read things etc on the 2nd moniter when im playing on the first moniter. I think this is because the resolutions of the games dont have my native resolutions but i dont know how to fix this.

Someone told me to use Ultrimon but it doesnt do anything.
Also if this was posted in the wrong place please move it for me. This is my first post here and I am sort of new.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008, 23:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Whenever i open a game, part of the 1st moniter goes onto the 2nd moniter. So i cant watch movies, look at things, read things etc on the 2nd moniter when im playing on the first moniter. I think this is because the resolutions of the games dont have my native resolutions but i dont know how to fix this.

As you have said, this is because the game isn't using the same resolution on that screen as it is when on the desktop. The only way to keep the screen from migrating over to your other one while in game is to set the game resolution to 1680x1050. You may have to do a little tinkering in the .cfg files if you can't do it via the options menu.

This used to aggravate me to no end when I had my brief stint with KOTOR; especially during the cinematics because they would change the screens resolution to match the cinematic.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008, 02:00 

Or you could run the game in windowed mode.